• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farmboy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this map pretty much the worst case scenario, barring truly game changing events?

For the record, I believe she'll do much better.

Remember in 2012, when major cable news organizations basically mounted a PR campaign vs pollsters who were saying the race wasn't close? (Like silver)
Yup.

Media personalities embarrassing themselves by not understanding how statistics work (Joe Scarborough being told Silver gave Obama a 77% of winning and he's like "WHO THINKS OBAMA IS GOING TO WIN 77% OF THE VOTE" lol go to bed old man).

There was even some homophobia casually thrown around about Nate and some jock-nerd bullshit about Nate being the scraggly numbers guy, not like the sharply-dressed, airheaded media pundits with perfect hair and teeth telling you it's a Dead Heat(TM). My favorite moment of 2012 was during Rove's meltdown when they sent Megyn Kelly to the data room to try and bully the analysts into saying Romney could still win. It might as well have been the head cheerleader telling the school geek to do her math homework for her or else her quarterback boyfriend would shove him in a locker.

The news media is such pure, concentrated bullshit.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this map pretty much the worst case scenario, barring truly game changing events?

For the record, I believe she'll do much better.
No, you gave her Alaska. The worst case scenario...in which she loses...has her lose by like 3 EV so it matters.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL Trump campaign:
Nate Silver said:
Trump campaign is apparently citing a @FiveThirtyEight poll showing him ahead in Ohio. There isn't one—we don't do our own horse race polls.

royalan

The questions the press on Trump's plane are asking about Pam Bondi and the donation are so weak sauce it should be insulting to their profession.

Ecotic

Trump tweeted out another fivethirtyeight pic and claiming it's an Iowa poll. I can't figure out what those numbers even are. The now-cast win percentage or something?

Y2Kev

The Ipsos polls are so screwy, lol. I can't believe those go in the model and get such weight.

Boke1879

You would think that shit would be an easy home-run for these fools, but nah.

They just aren't interested. The fact that the Hillary's Alt right speech on him was glossed over. The fact that the media has been soft of his many scandals proves they want a close horse race.

Because if they reported on that shit like they should it would blow up.

Zukkoyaki

The Ipsos polls are so screwy, lol. I can't believe those go in the model and get such weight.
I'm more amazed that the USC/LATimes poll that Nate says has a +6 Trump house effect is used in their model. Like... Why would any legit statistician give that poll the time of day? At least it doesn't have much weight. Though yesterday 538 updated with it alongside those stellar YouGov PA and NC and their model actually lowered Clinton's chances... Lulz.

I'm 90% sure the people's pundit daily poll is fake. They conveniently came into existence the same day as the LAT survey and they basically follow their trend every single day but with slightly different numbers.

Emarv

Looks like he deleted the 538 "polls" lol.

538 podcast is gonna be hilarious tomorrow. Easiest "good use of polling or bad use of polling" segment they've ever had.

Y2Kev

Looks like he deleted the 538 "polls" lol.

538 podcast is gonna be hilarious tomorrow. Easiest "good use of polling or bad use of polling" segment they've ever had.

I stopped listening to that since they let Claire Malone out of the basement.

Emarv

I stopped listening to that since they let Claire Malone out of the basement.
Claire's voice sounds like every white girl voice I've ever heard (good thing I like white girls).

Jody is my favorite podcast host of any political podcast, though. I just like that dude for some reason.

Emarv

He actually prepared for the primary debates? And that was how he ended up behaving?

These debates are going to be something, alright.
It's a joke. He didn't prepare for the primary debates at all, really, and he ain't gonna prepare for these either. Dude is an idiot.

I tried filling up that poligaf bet, but god damn, yall have way too many freaking states. Aint no country needs two dakotas or carolinas. One is more than a man could ever need. Or want.

Retro

It's a joke. He didn't prepare for the primary debates at all, really, and he ain't gonna prepare for these either. Dude is an idiot.

The point still stands though, these debates are going to be incredible with Trump trying the same shtick he did in the primary and Hillary actually, you know... debating. Like a valid candidate.

It's going to look like Tyson beating up a baby. A giant, orange, racist baby.

CrmUwAkWYAAHDMC.jpg

Is Pence already in the bunker?

royalan

The point still stands though, these debates are going to be incredible with Trump trying the same shtick he did in the primary and Hillary actually, you know... debating. Like a valid candidate.

It's going to look like Tyson beating up a baby. A giant, orange, racist baby.

Ted Cruz debated him like a candidate.

So did Marco, and Jeb.

Kasich never went after Trump specifically, but he was probably the best candidate up there in terms of explaining his positions.

If we stick to the traditional criteria of good debate performance -- displaying intelligence and understanding of the issues, thoughtful answers, informed rebuttals of your opponent's position -- then Trump didn't win a single debate.

But based on media coverage, he won them all.

Boke1879

So did Marco, and Jeb.

Kasich never went after Trump specifically, but he was probably the best candidate up there in terms of explaining his positions.

If we stick to the traditional criteria of good debate performance -- displaying intelligence and understanding of the issues, thoughtful answers, informed rebuttals of your opponent's position -- then Trump didn't win a single debate.

Yea. At some point in the debate the two candidates will have some back and forth and the moderators will allow that for a bit.

That said I can't wait for the follow up questions on policy positions. Especially on foriegn policy. and I don't think Trump saying "bomb the hell out of them." plays well with an electorate.

Y2Kev

So did Marco, and Jeb.

Ted Cruz would have won the primaries if he wasn't such a shitbag distasteful candidate for the north. Srsly.

Retro

So did Marco, and Jeb.

Cruz and Co. may have tried to debate like real candidates, but I think a big part of that would be knowing not to take the bait. They all seemed almost eager to let Trump drag them into shouting matches. Except Kasich, which I agree with you on. He's the only one who looked like a sane politician (which is scary when you think about it).

Hillary isn't going to get goaded into that kind of crap, she knows it doesn't play outside of the echo chamber and will only make him try harder and harder, looking worse and worse. Is anyone actually taking odds on him calling her a bitch on national television?

Boke1879

Cruz and Co. may have tried to debate like real candidates, but I think a big part of that would be knowing not to take the bait. They all seemed almost eager to let Trump drag them into shouting matches. Except Kasich, which I agree with you on. He's the only one who looked like a sane politician (which is scary when you think about it).

Hillary isn't going to get goaded into that kind of crap, she knows it doesn't play outside of the echo chamber and will only make him try harder and harder, looking worse and worse. Is anyone actually taking odds on him calling her a bitch on national television?

Hey may now call her a bitch, but he may call her some variation of a female dog.

Revolver

Wolf is so desperate to make a crisis narrative for the Clinton campaign it's sickening.

Wolf: "What can be done for Hillary to get the vote of young blacks?"
Van Jones:: "Let's not discount the 91-98% of African Americans already voting for Hillary."
Wolf: *blank stare*

I miss Brianna.

Grief.exe

So did Marco, and Jeb.

You have to separate the Republican primaries from actual presidential debate. The Republican primaries are essentially a dick waiving contest with any semblance of reasonable discourse and fact thrown out the window. It's a whole different dog and pony show.

Larry the Cable Guy: "Hillary Will Be the End Of the Country"
Larry the Cable Guy went on “Fox & Friends” this morning to make it clear he’s not a fan of Hillary Clinton, saying she “will be the end of the country,”
The comedian joked, “I say I’m a Trump man. And when I say Trump man, I mean Gary Johnson.”

He continued: “I know who I’m not voting for … Hillary Clinton. This election’s so crazy, because I want a change, I like Trump, some of the things he says, and he’s outrageous so you just don’t know. It’s like, the choice is, let’s see, ‘Do I want to poop my pants or do I want somebody else to poop my pants?'”

“So I don’t know, I guess I’ll go with pooping my own pants,” he concluded
“Here is the thing that stinks about it. It’s not like it used to be,” he said before explaining that it’s hard to express beliefs without being attacked.

“Ever since social media came along, everybody is a jerk. Everyone is an idiot,” he said. You’re always a racist, no matter what, if they don’t agree with you … it’s so frustrating.”

He concluded by saying, “Hillary will be the end of the country. That’s all I’ve got to say.”

Alcander

I really don't get this young, black voters not liking Hillary narrative. She's winning like 90+% of AA voters. It seems like such an obviously forced narrative.

Thank god for Van pushing back on it hard.

Boke1879

I really don't get this young, black voters not liking Hillary narrative. She's winning like 90+% of AA voters. It seems like such an obviously forced narrative.

Thank god for Van pushing back on it hard.

It could be a millennial thing or just younger black voters being a little more apprehensive. But by and large it's not going to matter.

It could be a millennial thing or just younger black voters being a little more apprehensive. But by and large it's not going to matter.

And I have a feeling a large percentage of those 18% (or so) who are in the 3rd party/ I'm not sure category are located in a safe blue/red state where their presidential vote won't really matter.

My in laws are Far down the Fox News/Limbaugh/etc rabbit hole it seems.
They literally believe that Hillary has killed people, that the Clinton Foundation is a slush fund, that she'll raise taxes...
Funny thing is they didn't criticize her on anything regarding the emails. At all.
They tried to bring up that Hillary sold secrets to foreign governments (wtf). I called bullshit and asked my father in law why Trump hired a guy actually being paid by Russia. He legit didn't know about Manafort.

He then tried to see who my wife and I are voting for. My wife said, "I'm not voting for a fucking piece of shit racist." (This is when he went off about the stuff I mentioned earlier).
He asked me if I was going to waste a vote on Jill Stein, since I was a Bernie supporter. I laughed pretty hard when he said that.

The best part came when he asked who my brother was voting for. I said that he was voting for Johnson but was more interested in voting down ballot. My father in law was honestly confused, so I told him that you can ignore the presidental vote and just vote for the Senate, House, and any local elections. So i asked him who he was voting for in the Georgia senate race, and he didn't know who was running. Then I asked him who he was voting for in the district 11 House race, and again he couldn't give me a straight answer because he didn't know who was running.

Fucking really? I couldn't believe that he'd give people so much shit because they won't vote Trump, but doesn't seem to care about the House, Senate, or any local elections.

Boke1879

My in laws are Far down the Fox News/Limbaugh/etc rabbit hole it seems.
They literally believe that Hillary has killed people, that the Clinton Foundation is a slush fund, that she'll raise taxes...
Funny thing is they didn't criticize her on anything regarding the emails. At all.
They tried to bring up that Hillary sold secrets to foreign governments (wtf). I called bullshit and asked my father in law why Trump hired a guy actually being paid by Russia. He legit didn't know about Manafort.

He then tried to see who my wife and I are voting for. My wife said, "I'm not voting for a fucking piece of shit racist." (This is when he went off about the stuff I mentioned earlier).
He asked me if I was going to waste a vote on Jill Stein, since I was a Bernie supporter. I laughed pretty hard when he said that.

The best part came when he asked who my brother was voting for. I said that he was voting for Johnson but was more interested in voting down ballot. My father in law was honestly confused, so I told him that you can ignore the presidental vote and just vote for the Senate, House, and any local elections. So i asked him who he was voting for in the Georgia senate race, and he didn't know who was running. Then I asked him who he was voting for in the district 11 House race, and again he couldn't give me a straight answer because he didn't know who was running.

Fucking really? I couldn't believe that he'd give people so much shit because they won't vote Trump, but doesn't seem to care about the House, Senate, or any local elections.

Good on your wife for being brutal with that response lol.

But as to your other points I feel that's most of the electorate. It's just the Presidential candidates and nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom