• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

CrlgnFEWIAA_X5l.jpg:large

Damn....

Now we know why she had to collect all that cash from the Hamptons!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Well, I suppose that makes sense. lol

It'll be interesting to see how Hillary has prepared for this. Romney may have been full of shit, but he mainly stuck to a strategy of, well, artful repackaging of the truth.

Trump, on the other hand, will not only be dealing in nothing BUT blatant lies, judging by who's leading his debate prep, that's likely going to be his strategy. Come out swinging with a barrage of lies, and hope Hillary falls into the trap of trying to fact check everything you say. She goes off message, and you control the flow of the debate.

I think people forget Obama's major strategic blunder in Debate 1 was that Romney pivoted basically completely and Obama never called him on any of it. If Hillary lets Trump get away with saying he's against the Iraq War or that he is pro immigration then she deserves a womping.

John HarwoodVerified account
‏@JohnJHarwood
if there's "pay-for-play" fact pattern re:Clinton Foundation as clear/direct as @AP & @Fahrenthold report re:Trump/Bondi, I haven't seen it

Again, they need to pound on this.

Well, I suppose that makes sense. lol

It'll be interesting to see how Hillary has prepared for this. Romney may have been full of shit, but he mainly stuck to a strategy of, well, artful repackaging of the truth.

Trump, on the other hand, will not only be dealing in nothing BUT blatant lies, judging by who's leading his debate prep, that's likely going to be his strategy. Come out swinging with a barrage of lies, and hope Hillary falls into the trap of trying to fact check everything you say. She goes off message, and you control the flow of the debate.
She needs to be prepared to call him out on his flip-flops. Not her style? Then it's a missed opportunity.

The average voter doesn't lack the tools to check if candidate X or Y is BS about something. They lack the will.

That's why being so hell-bent on fact-checking Trump makes no sense.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 14m14 minutes ago
Can you believe that the Chinese would not give Obama the proper stairway to get off his plane - fight on tarmac!
I KNEW this would get on his nerves.

Holmes

Well turns out being nice to the media has its perks. Dan Merica, who never stopped whining about press conferences, just clapped back at Trump's communications guy on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/danmericaCNN/status/772767789618761728

She should just give a press conference and be done with it. She can defer to the FBI notes if anyone asks her about it and talk extensively about the $25k Trump Foundation bribe and her policies. Change the narrative, especially with her and a bunch of surrogates campaigning tomorrow that will get a bit of coverage.

Y2Kev

Well turns out being nice to the media has its perks. Dan Merica, who never stopped whining about press conferences, just clapped back at Trump's communications guy on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/danmericaCNN/status/772767789618761728

She should just give a press conference and be done with it. She can defer to the FBI notes if anyone asks her about it and talk extensively about the $25k Trump Foundation bribe and her policies. Change the narrative, especially with her and a bunch of surrogates campaigning tomorrow that will get a bit of coverage.

I think she should do it, personally, but obviously the campaign has decided it would just be a big mess so they are refusing. Dunno why really. This entire election is nothing but one shit show after another. Might as well just end it.

Holmes

I think she should do it, personally, but obviously the campaign has decided it would just be a big mess so they are refusing. Dunno why really. This entire election is nothing but one shit show after another. Might as well just end it.
The journalists on Twitter all seem pretty happy and are bitching about Trump not letting press on his plane. Andrea Mitchell is on the plane too... let's talk emails!

Y2Kev

Well yeah. I think look what happened with Failing Morning Joe. Hillary called in, they softballed her, and then they were nice to her for like a week. If she'd just do a little more schmoozing, things would be so easy for her.

NeoXChaos

I'm me-ing because there's no reason for the race to be this close right now. Yes, polls fluctuate but Hillary had an amazing convention and she's now down to being only ~4 points ahead. I don't think anyone anticipated this would have happened a month ago! I didn't.

We can't control the debates but there's something a bit upsetting about Chris Wallace hosting the last one given what he said; something about Fox getting its hand on the debates last while a former Fox guy is aiding Trump in debate strategy is a bit disturbing to me. If Hillary were going up against someone else that's one thing, but this is Trump and if he knows Wallace is less likely to call him out on his various forms of bullshit he's going to exploit the hell out of that. That's bad, it's the last debate during a year where both candidates are not too popular and it may take longer to make a final impression on voters.

Yes, but Trump is a huge threat to this country. This is unprecedented and this is not the year to engage in these desperate reporting shenanigans for the sake of ratings. The networks won't go anywhere no matter who wins, do the right thing.

lol. You and cartoon solider have definitely switched your bodies back since the primary.

Holmes

Hillary said she'll be taking questions today, and it looks like most journalists there are not non-white so they'll be asking good questions!

royalan

LOL - MSNBC just showed video of Hillary greeting the press on her plane.

"I am SO happy to have you here! I have been WAITING for this day!" strainedsmile.jpg

Holmes

CNN bitched about how long Clinton hasn't given a press conference, and that one with African-American and Hispanic journalists didn't count because they don't have a grasp of the issues like the national press corp does.

Considering:

The tangible blowback over the last few days regarding press coverage;

Hillary now letting the press on her plane;

The FBI notes legitimately showing what a big honking waste of time everything was;

Yes, I think she should complete her Press Pivot and just hold a press conference. The press loves a pivot, the press loves the press, the press LOVES LOVES LOVES a press pivot!

Y2Kev

PRESS PIVOT

I think that's probably Hillary's massive campaign apparatus' biggest weakness. They just don't move very quickly. Often I think they do miss opportunities in exploiting press coverage. I mean I don't think it shifts the tone of a race but it does create some annoyingly difficult cycles.

Trump's 30 person operation does seem to be more nimble. Not that it matters.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hillary said she'll be taking questions today, and it looks like most journalists there are not non-white so they'll be asking good questions!

So my guess is she was waiting for the FBI report to come out before getting closer with the press. Interesting tactic.

PRESS PIVOT

I think that's probably Hillary's massive campaign apparatus' biggest weakness. They just don't move very quickly. Often I think they do miss opportunities in exploiting press coverage. I mean I don't think it shifts the tone of a race but it does create some annoyingly difficult cycles.

Trump's 30 person operation does seem to be more nimble. Not that it matters.

Sure, but it moves with the speed most normal campaigns with careful messaging do. Having the candidate themselves hammering away on Twitter doesn't always yield valuable campaign responses, as seen in Trump's case.

Holmes

So my guess is she was waiting for the FBI report to come out before getting closer with the press. Interesting tactic.
Possibly. But they just rolled out their new campaign plane today anyway, and I doubt they were waiting on the report to roll that out.

The thing with the presser now, though, is that you give in to what Trump's saying and what the media is bitching about. I'm not quite sure why they didn't do them, to be honest.

The thing with the presser now, though, is that you give in to what Trump's saying and what the media is bitching about. I'm not quite sure why they didn't do them, to be honest.

So stop the bitching?

If she doesn't have a press conference, Trump and the media bitch.

If she does, Trump and the media have a victory parade and it's over.

Holmes

But... so? If you pat the media on the head and tell them "my family's foundation gives millions of people HIV medication but my opponent's instead bribes politicians" then there's a nightly news story right there. And then Trump will have to talk about it because that's just what he does.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
If Hillary does a PRESS PIVOT now, then that just fulfills a cynical media narrative that she'll do anything to win while being inauthentic, proving she's panicking about falling numbers and the FBI report and losing to likable Donald Trump.

All you thinking a pivot makes a difference now are utterly blind to exactly how this plays out. Remember rule #1: Hillary is always wrong.

Holmes

I think you're being just a little too cynical about this. So Clinton holds a presser and Trump celebrates..... then what? Seriously. What a stupid thing it would be to celebrate your opponent holding a press conference.

You don't give your enemy a moral victory.

And I don't know which one is the bigger enemy atm.

It's hardly a moral victory.

Trump: "Hey, Crooked Hillary gave a press conference because of ME!"

Rest of the world: "Who gives a shit?"

The media just wants to give the vibe they're doing their job.

Trump is irrelevant though and the press bitching is semi-reasonable--I mean they shouldn't have such a hard-on over it but she could also reasonably be more available and do one. It would only look like giving into Trump if the media plays it that way and they definitely won't once they've had their ring kissed. They'll actually start griping about him not letting them on his plane!

Boke1879

I think you're being just a little too cynical about this. So Clinton holds a presser and Trump celebrates..... then what? Seriously. What a stupid thing it would be to celebrate your opponent holding a press conference.

My thing is. She does this and it's just questions about the emails and the Foundation. Lets say she answers the questions flawlessly, and the media still pushes the narrative. How does that help her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom