• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

The thing with the presser now, though, is that you give in to what Trump's saying and what the media is bitching about. I'm not quite sure why they didn't do them, to be honest.

I think the debate has a lot to do with it.

Trump may try to gloat about putting pressure on her to do a presser, but I don't think that'll ring louder than the fact that she's doing one at all. Plus, it's in her best interest to make the first debate as stark a contrast as possible. She should do everything she can to take all the bite out of her scandals before the debates. Do a press conference, answer questions about emails and the Foundation. Take it off the table.

My thing is. She does this and it's just questions about the emails and the Foundation. Lets say she answers the questions flawlessly, and the media still pushes the narrative. How does that help her?

Because i think the media knows there isn't much to the emails and Foundation stories anymore and they just have a bug up their ass about her facing the press. Like they just want the blow-off match and that's it.

Boke1879

Because think the media knows there isn't much to the emails and Foundation stories anymore and they just have a bug up their ass about her facing the press. Like they just want the blow-off match and that's it.

Well we'll see how things change today. I am curious. This weekend we did have some people in the press calling out their colleagues on how they've been reporting the last few weeks and how they've been soft on Trump.

Yeah, she should just continue not giving a fuck. Like this guy,

tumblr_oc6dgnVK751qjj2qyo2_500.gif

Ugh> Such a stupid commercial. :p

I'm not saying she 100% shouldn't give a press conference. I'm just saying that it's going to look like she did it just to cave into Cheeto Hitler. Like, there's something to be said for doing it and getting everything out there. There's obviously a reason, though, why they decided not to do one. I think its a questionable strategy, but there's obviously a reason there.

I guess I'm just cynical. Nothing Hillary does will placate the media for more than eight seconds, until they clutch their pearls about something else. So, like, don't give them what they want because I'm a jaded bitch....that's my rationale. :p

Holmes

My thing is. She does this and it's just questions about the emails and the Foundation. Lets say she answers the questions flawlessly, and the media still pushes the narrative. How does that help her?
Well because it's already like that anyway. She can now defer to the FBI report when the email issue comes up and can say all the good things the Clinton Foundation has done vs. Trump Foundation's bribes if that issue comes up.

Nah. I think they should just take a break on labour day and start on tuesday.Things will probably get interesting in the next week or so.

In other news I'm arguing with a trump supporter on r/politics.

You inspired me this morning to post a spattering of pro-Clinton, fact based comments on r/politics. The results have been surprisingly successful! I am 9/9 on upvoted comments in the New articles section.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Where's mike pence

*sees picture of bernie and gets irrationally angry*

PIECE OF SHIT LYING NONDEMOCRAT WHO IS RUINING AMERICA FUUCCKKK

This is when things are going to start to become a bigger problem for Trump. That's only like half the team she can field.She can send Michelle and Obama out. Warren can go. Trump has him and Fence. Who cares.

You are forgetting the important political figures Eric Trump and Donald Jr.!

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah I mean any minuscule poll tightening is pretty good considering we basically went a month without the lead candidate even campaigning!

rjinaz

Man. It looks like a hockey game and all of Trump's players are in the penalty box. He's going to get creamed. I knew once September hit Hillary would start to play the hardball. The first votes are this month.

The 'we need a horse race' desperation vibe from the media is palpable.
It's really pathetic, irresponsible and cowardly that they're pushing this narrative. Trump is a legitimate threat to the free world.

But they tried pushing the "It's a dead heat!" narrative with Obama v. Romney too and it never caught on. Some elections just aren't naturally competitive. You'll see some congressional races sometimes where the local media will hype up a challenger two weeks before they get blown out by 20 points.

Armaros

It's really pathetic, irresponsible and cowardly that they're pushing this narrative. Trump is a legitimate threat to the free world.

But they tried pushing the "It's a dead heat!" narrative with Obama v. Romney too and it never caught on. Some elections just aren't naturally competitive. You'll see some congressional races sometimes where the local media will hype up a challenger two weeks before they get blown out by 20 points.

Remember in 2012, when major cable news organizations basically mounted a PR campaign vs pollsters who were saying the race wasn't close? (Like silver)

thebloo

We're starting to see that the Clinton campaign is strong. Sure, Timmy, Kawhi and Parker are boring, but Robby "Pop" Mook has got them fundamentals.

Boke1879

We're starting to see that the Clinton campaign is strong. Sure, Timmy, Kawhi and Parker are boring, but Robby "Pop" Mook has got them fundamentals.

Yup. Kinda seems like this was the strategy. Allow the press on your plane, and now pushing your surrogates to stump for you. And it's really just her husband, VP Biden, Her running mate and Bernie.

I really want to see Michelle get out there closer to the election, and we all know Obama will be out there in October. Should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom