• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I'm gonna overdose on this hopium..

Earlier this year, we called out House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) for her pie-in-the-sky prediction that Democrats could win the House in November. Republicans have their biggest majority since World War II, the pickup opportunities were limited, and the idea was "far-fetched," we wrote.

That was then. Now, we'll give credit where it's due: Pelosi was right. There is a legitimate chance that Democrats could take control of the House in November.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...mocrats-could-win-back-the-house-in-november/

thebloo

Oh my god Cathrine Bell.

Not many people remember NCIS is actually a spinoff of Jag

CatherineBell-TheGoodWitch004.gif~c200

Mittens polled very similarly to Clinton in NC in 2012 and won by 2 points, and that seems about the current margin in play right now for Clinton.

edit: Not seeing how Aleppo is a real disaster for Johnson. His bigger problem is transitioning his campaign from a protest vote to actual support, because without pulling that off he'll fall off hard by later this month.

In a normal year "What is Aleppo?" is a D- response, but since Trump is running we've had to grade on a curve. I give him a B.

You know what's really a disaster is Matt Lauer trying to rock a shaved head

His hairline has been trying to swallow the back of his neck for years.

My mom watched Today everyday forever. She's done with them. She's watching Morning Joe instead. : sigh :

Holy shit, Hillary's sending fundraising emails off the back of Lauer's performance!? HAHAHAHAHAHA

shem935

Banned
We're 60 days before the election and finally, finally Trump has to defend himself on his Iraq lies.

It's probably a better thing strategically that he has to do it now and not months ago. Just annoying he has been allowed to skate by on lies this long but that's the story of the whole race I guess.

Hamilton has only been going on for years, so obviously I should post about Hamilton because it's so hot right now and not dying down and hasn't been analyzed to death.

But really, Hurricane is such a brilliant song. Hamilton's journey is so impossible and insane that he had to view himself as basically a demigod when it came to writing and persuasion. The song really demonstrates how he (or anyone in his position) could convince themselves that they could write their way out of this affair. He wrote the Federalist Papers and wrote his way into New York, he's going to have an impossibly high opinion of himself at that point.

And, of course, the turnaround that happens right after that song is incredible also.

Frankly, the correct response to "What about Aleppo?" is "Can you rephrase that question so that it makes sense?"

He asked what he would do as president about Aleppo. I mean still this is pretty lame that his campaign is getting trashed over this when Trump is a full blown racist.

pigeon

Banned
He asked what he would do as president about Aleppo.

"What would you do, if elected, about Aleppo?" is still not a well-phrased question. If your question contains the name of a city but I could switch it out for "poverty" or "racism" or "Harambe" and the question still makes sense then you probably didn't provide enough context.

Pretty much this. This campaign makes no sense.

Or you can go Clinton vs Stein.

Hillary: All lives matter
The left: You mean black lives matter!
few months later
Hillary: Black lives matter
The left: Hillary will solve our criminal justice issues. She gets it. Her husband was the first black President even though he did nothing for blacks but make their lives worse but she's not Trump so she really does care about POC because instead of Trump's warp 9 to another civil war, Hillary will keep the broken status quo.

Jill: Black lives matter.
Everyone: VACCINES
few months later
Jill. Black lives matter and here's my plan to reform our criminal justice system.
Everyone: VACCINES!

pigeon

Banned

few months later
The left: Hillary will solve our criminal justice issues. She gets it. Her husband was the first black President even though he did nothing for blacks but make their lives worse she's not Trump so that's okay.

few months later
Jill. Black lives matter and here's my plan to reform our criminal justice system.

Oh god it's starting again

I don't even know if I have the energy to point out that you're tacitly aiding the cause of white nationalism

thebloo

"What would you do, if elected, about Aleppo?" is still not a well-phrased question. If your question contains the name of a city but I could switch it out for "poverty" or "racism" or "Harambe" and the question still makes sense then you probably didn't provide enough context.

What is Harambe?

few months later
The left: Hillary will solve our criminal justice issues. She gets it. Her husband was the first black President even though he did nothing for blacks but make their lives worse but she's not Trump so she really does care about POC because instead of Trump's warp 9 to another civil war, Hillary will keep the broken status quo.

few months later

Da fuck am I reading?

And how are people still hanging what Bill did in office on Hillary? Did you know that even though they're married, they're still individuals who make their own independent decisions?

few months later

few months later

tumblr_o67hsnqhOh1tezl7yo1_500.gif

But you know what's cool. One candidate gets "Lock her up" chanted at her. Another candidate actually has a warrant out for her arrest! That's kinda cool.

few months later

few months later

Here comes the crazy...

It's not sticking because no one is calling him out on it. Soon as reporters get a backbone then maybe it will stick. But like most of his lies, he's getting a pass because the media wants their close race.

Except if Twitter is any indication, the media is starting to realize that it's not worth pushing for a horse race if it involves doing something that pisses off a lot of your audience (that something of course being the kid gloves they're using on Trump).

So if this horse race stuff starts showing to actually hurt them, they might go back to not going easy on Trump.

69 feels more realistic.

What has the indication been with regards to voter enthusiasm/excitement by race? If feel that if white enthusiasm/excitement is overall down and minority enthusiasm/excitement is up we may very well see something closer to 64% white.

few months later

few months later

For fucks sake, Hillary's first speech for her current campaign was about the need for criminal justice reform.

Meanwhile Jill Stein has such WONDERFUL ideas as:

- Buying all the student debt and just forgiving it.

- defeating ISIS with a "Peace Offensive" (weapons embargo)

- closing most military bases across the world (because I'm sure our allies would LOVE that)

- Going immediately to 100% clean energy day 1 (instead of something more sane like trying to first transition more to clean energy)

- Blaming Trump on "neoliberalism" instead of just blaming him on the Tea Party types that voted for him in the primaries.

Valhelm

contribute something

few months later

few months later

jill stein isn't gonna save america, man

Check out SAlt or PSL, maybe join the IWW if you want to enact change.

few months later

few months later

If you willingly forget what things were like then and pretend, I can see how that argument could be made.

few months later

few months later

oh my god this is a carnival of stupid welcome back

thebloo

Just to add. I find this argument weak. If asked what about Brussels, Nice, Orlando, etc. you either go into stump mode or you ask "what about it exactly?".

You don't go "what's that".

If you willingly forget what things were like then and pretend, I can see how that argument could be made.
I mean, like, if history gives us any indication, I don't think most people who say those types of things could forget what happened in the 90s, because they probably weren't born yet.

Not a read. I got the same stuff thrown at me from Hillary's position on marriage equality. But, like, I grew up a 90s gay. I remember shit. Elephants never forget.

Off topic: Never let a 5 year old run free in a Bath and Body Works. He smells like ALL THE THINGS.

mo60

The republicans house majority was always in danger of falling in this election. It just depended on how hilary did in the presidental race. I expect hilary to eventually do well enough in the polls to make it harder for the republicans to keep the house.

More latinos poll:

Translating Trump: When He Talks Immigration, What Latino Voters Hear

High MoE than the one posted yesterday.

Trump really wants to do worse than gerald ford with latino voters.

Gruco

Banned
Trump's entire charity is looking like a goddamn scam.

And this is basically entirely on the back on a single reporter's work. Still only barely being picked over.

by which I mean, let's all spend the next three weeks crying about the Clinton Foundation in search of a classic both sides do it.

And this is basically entirely on the back on a single reporter's work. Still only barely being picked over.

by which I mean, let's all spend the next three weeks crying about the Clinton Foundation in search of a classic both sides do it.

The company that owns my local ABC affiliate actually did this! I guess there was a non-required form the Clinton Foundation filled out that didn't itemize every contribution (which. again, wasn't a requirement). But, when they did itemize something else it didn't match up 100%, but it was because it was different types of donations or something. It was the most difficult thing to follow, and they aired it for a few minutes and then cut to commercial. Haven't heard about it since.

HylianTom

Banned

few months later

few months later

I have a better one:

Jill: *blah blah blah*
Everyone, and let's face it.. reality: MATH

Jill Stein: "I am Jewish, but everyone in my party hates Jews so better pick a someone who's Holocaust denial curious as my running mate."

"Also, stay away from the wifi, it causes autism."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom