• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just got everything set and next week I am going to do canvassing on Monday through Friday.

I'm also going to be doing canvassing this Saturday, which will be the first time I have ever done canvassing.

Anyone got any tips?

pigeon

Banned
My Trump supporting family members are now looking at Gary Johnson after Johnson's pro not knowing things stance.

Their anti-intellectual stance is honestly impressive in its breadth and strength.

Our security is too good, everything will be fine.

This is actually a strategy I had not expected. Let's attack Johnson for being an unAmerican idiot in an attempt to encourage Trump supporters to switch to Johnson.

This is actually a strategy I had not expected. Let's attack Johnson for being an unAmerican idiot in an attempt to encourage Trump supporters to switch to Johnson.

could be a case of "any coverage is good coverage" for Johnson. Facebook had something like 350K people talking about Gary Johnson today- i don't think there's been that many people who even knew who he was before this.

I like how David Frum shits on Trump but then manages to lay all that's wrong in the world on Obama. I hate these shit head never Trump conservatives that do that shit.

I like how David Frum shits on Trump but then manages to lay all that's wrong in the world on Obama. I hate these shit head never Trump conservatives that do that shit.

I mean, let's be real here, the Republican Party and everything affiliated with it has been a diseased ecosystem since 1994.

And that was after 30 years of being a white nationalist party.

Even the Never Trumpers are going to be coming from that diseased ecosystem.

royalan

So, I get home from work. Check my news feed, type in Matt Lauer....

lwmqe5C.png

GODDAMN

Let this be a lesson to journalists moving forward. People are watching now, and everyone is tired of the kids gloves.

dakini

While I was on the bus home today I was thinking about how just two months from now I'll be voting for our next President of the United States - Hillary Clinton. I was thinking about all the women who had to come before her to pave the way for this to happen - women like Alice Paul, Susan B. Anthony, Shirley Chisholm etc - and I actually got a bit teary eyed. I am grateful to be alive and able to vote for such a beautiful moment. As one of the gays, especially, I know what it feels like to feel like you can't do something because no one like you has done it before - and when I see Hillary climb herself up to President of the United States, a nation that didn't even allow women the right to vote in the not so distant past...it's a huge inspiration, really. When she is declared the winner, I'm going to be struck with some real patriotism that isn't usually flowing within me. And on inauguration day, I will be so fucking proud of being an American.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna be bawling my eyes out tbh.

Bowdz

Everytime I hear Matt Lauer, I think about The League episode where Andre says his pubic alopecia looks like Matt Lauer from 2004.

Tendo

Because....?

Irrational fear overriding logic. Polling and demographics continue to make this near impossible for him. Just worried. And scared this is even a possibility in the first place. We now have large group of angry racists with a voice.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lauer may have indirectly saved this election. No journalist is going to want their name dragged through the mud like this.

Well let's be real, you can't expect someone that worked for Bush to be supportive of Obama (except for Colin Powell).

But this isn't even the first time Frum called out his own party. I forget at what stage it was (I want to say it was around the time that the 2013 shutdown ended and Obamacare was set to start), but Frum wrote a piece about how by taking the side against government healthcare, Republicans picked a losing side (Frum explain how as a Canadian, he knows first hand how popular government healthcare can get).

lwmqe5C.png

GODDAMN

Let this be a lesson to journalists moving forward. People are watching now, and everyone is tired of the kids gloves.

Called it. It's all about ratings and now the media knows that grading Trump on a curve is bad for ratings.

Also remember that this means Trump is less likely to be given a ridiculously low bar for the debates.

lwmqe5C.png

GODDAMN

Matt Lauer panned from left and right for 'pathetic job' During...

YAHOO SPORTS

This fucking election...

FUCK YOU CNN.

CNN/ORC poll: High expectations for Clinton ahead of first debate

Washington (CNN)Americans say they expect Hillary Clinton to outperform Donald Trump when the two take the stage for the first presidential debate in less than three weeks, according to a new CNN/ORC poll.

Overall, 53% of likely voters say they think the Democratic nominee will do a better job in the debates, while 43% expect her GOP rival to walk away the winner.
Read the poll results

Clinton faces a smaller expectations gap than President Barack Obama did heading into his debates in 2008 and 2012. About 6 in 10 said they thought Obama would be the better debater over both John McCain and Mitt Romney.

And although Trump is on the losing side in this question, he fares better than almost every Republican in the last 24 years. The lone exception: George W. Bush during his re-election campaign in 2004, when 52% thought he would outperform John Kerry before their first debate.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/08/politics/hillary-clinton-poll-debate-expectations/index.html

This is such bullshit. Headline says Clinton has high expectations, article claims she has the 2nd lowest expectations for a Dem in 24 years.

ARGHHHH

Matt Lauer panned from left and right for 'pathetic job' During...

YAHOO SPORTS

This fucking election...

Even sports based news is sick of this horserace bullshit.

Edit: hahahahahahahah Bakari says how Trump won't be able to handle Clinton. Don Lemon says people can respond after the break.

Then, right before the cutoff to break, in the softest, most pathetic voice, the Trump supporter says "he can handle it". I'm talking the most unconfident way of saying it I have ever heard from a Trump pundit.

I like how the GOP has become a pro-Putin party just because Putin once said vaguely good things about Trump. That's how little effort it took.

Washington (CNN)Americans say they expect Hillary Clinton to outperform Donald Trump when the two take the stage for the first presidential debate in less than three weeks, according to a new CNN/ORC poll.

Overall, 53% of likely voters say they think the Democratic nominee will do a better job in the debates, while 43% expect her GOP rival to walk away the winner.
Read the poll results

Clinton faces a smaller expectations gap than President Barack Obama did heading into his debates in 2008 and 2012. About 6 in 10 said they thought Obama would be the better debater over both John McCain and Mitt Romney.

And although Trump is on the losing side in this question, he fares better than almost every Republican in the last 24 years. The lone exception: George W. Bush during his re-election campaign in 2004, when 52% thought he would outperform John Kerry before their first debate..

Hillary has the lowest debate expectations of any Democrat other than Kerry in the last 24 years.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/08/politics/hillary-clinton-poll-debate-expectations/index.html

Also, voters notice that Trump has a penis and Hillary has a vagina and use that knowledge to project stupid ideas:

Clinton also is seen as more apt to change her positions for political reasons -- 51% say she's more apt to flip-flop, 42% say Trump is, and another 6% say both of them are equally likely to do that.

Anyone who thinks this is not someone fit of mind.

It looks like Evan McMullin may be challenging stein and johnson to a debate now.

Link.

https://t.co/m9C7dS7SeT

Well, I bet the 3 people who watch that will be thrilled. :p (I'm going to watch it if it happens)

FUCK YOU CNN.

This is such bullshit. Headline says Clinton has high expectations, article claims she has the 2nd lowest expectations for a Dem in 24 years.

ARGHHHH

The shit that got me was the question if Donald Trump's actions would make us less secure or whatever it was. They didn't even ask that about Hillary's policies. That makes that data point entirely pointless. That's just bad polling.

User1608

Banned
The media is certainly a lot worse than I imagined, and that's saying a lot, discounting Fox News, because we already know they suck anyway.

mo60

Well, I bet the 3 people who watch that will be thrilled. :p (I'm going to watch it if it happens)

The shit that got me was the question if Donald Trump's actions would make us less secure or whatever it was. They didn't even ask that about Hillary's policies. That makes that data point entirely pointless. That's just bad polling.

Actually I don't think he wants a debate between the three candidates only, but with trump and clinton also.

Diablos

Our security is too good, everything will be fine.
Yeah right. It can happen. All Trump has to try and do is cite one state that got its election system hacked and go to the courts. He doesn't need a red carpet he just needs a window.

Also I don't think Lauer really cares about his reputation. He's a smug asshole at heart.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-09-08/trump-beats-clinton-least-educated-whites

Interesting polling of non-college educated whites. Basically, Trump appears to be under-performing Romney a bit.

Whites with no more than a high-school degree give Trump the advantage on virtually all of 17 candidate qualities tested, with the exceptions being having the right temperament to be president, possessing the skills needed to conduct foreign policy, and being a good role model for children. On those three questions, Clinton tied or only narrowly beat him.

So, even Trump's best demographic doesn't think he has the right temperment to be President and knows fuck all about foreign policy.

Ha.

Hey now don't diss the debate-watch party that Jeb, Romney, and Kasich will be having at Romney's house in Belmont.

I heard that Jeb is providing the chips and Kasich will bring the extra mild salsa.

And if any of them has a mental breakdown about this election McClain Hospital is right down the street.

mo60

I wonder if the media will create articles now about trump's appearance of Larry King's show which is broadcasted on RT.

Edit: They are already doing this.

Yeah right. It can happen. All Trump has to try and do is cite one state that got its election system hacked and go to the courts. He doesn't need a red carpet he just needs a window.

Also I don't think Lauer really cares about his reputation. He's a smug asshole at heart.

How is it going to get its election system hacked when the machines aren't connected online? And we have bigger problems to worry about anyway if the Russians actually were able to pull something. It would not benefit the guy who has been praising Putin all election

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I wonder if the media will create articles now about trump's appearance of Larry King's show which is broadcasted on RT.

Edit: They are already doing this.

What the fuck is Larry King doing on RT anyway?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I know where he eats breakfast every morning. Should I go ask him?

I'm not going to go ask him

lol, it's just odd. He had a job at CNN which he "retired" from, then did a web series and now on RT? just huh?

mo60

What the fuck is Larry King doing on RT anyway?

RT made a deal with him to broadcast two of his web shows on their channel like a year or two ago.His shows are also broadcasted on other media sources.ORA TV is the one that he does the show for. He has a distribution agreement with the US branch of RT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom