• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, congrats everyone. The election has started.

@greggiroux
Election Day begins today in NORTH CAROLINA as first general-election absentee ballots mailed #ncpol

Cr6NHQEXYAELjpL.jpg

I saw an article today that the DSCC is going to start reallocating funds from OH/CO to NC and MO.

Link for my spank bank, pls

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Something Chuck Todd said today on Morning Joe is troubling to me. Trump tells so many lies “that when you cover one, there’s six left uncovered. You can’t debunk the lies as fast as he’s telling them sometimes.” He went on to say that at some point people will stop taking him at his word and just assume he's lying. I don't like this notion that the press have it too hard fact checking him and should just trust the public to know he's not telling the truth.

I mean yeah Trump's entire campaign is one big gish gallop

thcsquad

Something Chuck Todd said today on Morning Joe is troubling to me. Trump tells so many lies “that when you cover one, there’s six left uncovered. You can’t debunk the lies as fast as he’s telling them sometimes.” He went on to say that at some point people will stop taking him at his word and just assume he's lying. I don't like this notion that the press have it too hard fact checking him and should just trust the public to know he's not telling the truth.

The Zerg Rush, when you least expect it.

Debirudog

Journalism just need to focus on the biggest lies that would hurt him and then done. Not that hard. If you can't cover everything then cover what is the most apparent and outright smelling of them all and drill it in.

Owzers

I'm giving the tv the benefit of the doubt that someone during Trump's speech at the Value Voters christian thing didn't shout "burn in hell" when he mentioned Hillary.

sazzy

Trump wants to repeat the Johnson amendment

The Johnson Amendment refers to a change in the U.S. tax code made in 1954 which prohibited tax-exempt organizations from endorsing or opposing political candidates.

thebloo

Technicality imo. I know it's the law but it's just not worth the fight. Looks bad and needy and shady

Pick your battles etc

Republicans would pull Hillary's stool from under her for this. It's falsified documents. But sure, let's go with the optics.

I want Trump to talk about the Johnson amendment for 90 seconds. I'm curious.

Trump should be on the ballot in Minnesota because voters deserve an actual choice. Also because I don't want to hear about FRAUD!!!! for the next 15 years if Hillary wins by 273 EVs.

This actually is fraud. The MN GOP committed election fraud. I am not going to let it slide because it might hurt someone's feelings.

problem is if he's off the ballot were literally talking about voter disenfranchisement

I think people here are generally very against that

Just a bad move

That's not my understanding of what disenfranchisement is. These people can still vote for any party that followed the registration rules and requirements. If I really want to vote for the American Shopping Party, but the ASP wasn't able to legally get on the ballot, I am not being disenfranchised.

Again, if the GOP had simply missed the deadline and asked for an extension, then this would be a no brainer. But submitting intentionally falsified documents is a whole other ball game. Allowing them to still be on the ballot after blatantly circumventing election law is corrosive to Democracy.

Holmes

I'm up for a job with the county of Napa and I just saw that one of the duties I may be tasked with is "assist in the preparation and conduction of elections", with "purging voter records" as one of the examples under this category. I will be committing fraud.... and getting health insurance benefits doing it!

Syncytia

Trump is going to get more African American votes than anyone though possible a month ago.

Well, if you even get one that's already an increase from zero.

I'm up for a job with the county of Napa and I just saw that one of the duties I may be tasked with is "assist in the preparation and conduction of elections", with "purging voter records" as one of the examples under this category. I will be committing fraud.... and getting health insurance benefits doing it!

Or you work for Hillary and get paid in MacDonalds. Either way works. Good luck wwith the job though :)

Also

The 5 year old is now obsessed with "And I'm Telling You" by Jennifer Holliday.
#He'sBeingRaisedRight

As usual this is just a complete joke. Yeah talk about your civil rights agenda and how we're going to help inner cities to a crowd of old white people (again).

And what the hell was the shit about 20 billion from the govt and somehow making states spend 110 billion more on "school choice"? Hahaha.

So many lies too, over and over again. I truly hate this piece of shit.

Holmes

Or you work for Hillary and get paid in MacDonalds. Either way works. Good luck wwith the job though :)

Also

The 5 year old is now obsessed with "And I'm Telling You" by Jennifer Holliday.
#He'sBeingRaisedRight
Thanks! I actually got an email from HR asking me to take an online questionnaire that I assumed was about the job itself, so I got myself very familiar with the position, what they're asking and the tasks I would be doing..... and it turned out to be just questions about my background, like any convictions I've ever had and whatnot. Anti-climactic.

What's up with the Clinton surrogates in the media?

Every time the topic turns to Putin and Trump's comments, the surrogates should corner the Trump surrogates with 2 things every time:

1. Putin kills his political and media opponents

2. Russia has been in recession for nearly 2 years.

ASK THEM HOW HE'S SUCH A STRONG LEADER IF HIS COUNTRY HAS BEEN IN RECESSION FOR TWO FUCKING YEARS YOU MORONS!!!

That's it. Don't engage in any other way. Keep repeating it. Don't let them pivot to Obama or Hillary. Keep saying these two things.

I need to be a surrogate. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom