• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I had a woman behind me at the grocery store point to some tabloid showing a Photoshopped Hillary looking super sick. She says "Did you hear about her coughing the other day. She's got cancer. The other woman running for the democrats gained 40lbs and she isn't eligible anymore." All I could say was "Nah... None of that is true... Like not at all."

Holmes

I.... believe in Deborah Ross!

GIF-oprah-running-on-hot-coals.gif

mo60

My predictions, as of September 9th the year of our lord 2016. No hopes, no pussyfooting:

Pres:

Clinton (D): Obama 2012 States + NC + NE-02

Governor:

Indiana: Gregg (D)
Missouri: Koster (D)
Montana: Bullock (D)
New Hampshire: Democrat
North Carolina: Cooper (D)
North Dakota: Burgman (R)
Oregon: Brown (D)
Utah: Herbert (R)
Vermont: Minter (D)
Washington: Inslee (D)
West Virginia: Justice (D)

This is much better for Dems than I anticipated. Would give the GOP 29 governors mansions, Dems 20, and 1 Independent (Alaska).

Senate:

Nevada: Masto (D)
Colorado: Bennet (D)
Illinois: Duckworth (D)
Florida: Rubio (R)
Pennsylvania: McGinty (D)
Wisconsin: Feingold (D)
Missouri: Blunt (R)
North Carolina: Burr (R) (this one hurts to type, but I ultimately think Ross will just miss it)
Indiana: Bayh (D)
Ohio: Portman (R)
Arizona: McCain (R)
New Hampshire: Hassan (D)

Would give Dems as 51-49 Senate majority

I would add GA and AZ on the presidential side because hilary may win those states by 1%-3% on November 8th.

Crayons

Banned
I had a woman behind me at the grocery store point to some tabloid showing a Photoshopped Hillary looking super sick. She says "Did you hear about her coughing the other day. She's got cancer. The other woman running for the democrats gained 40lbs and she isn't eligible anymore." All I could say was "Nah... None of that is true... Like not at all."
Oh my god that's hilarious

It's a weird situation. If they simply missed the deadline and asked for an extension, there's no doubt a Judge would allow it. Instead they scrambled to meet the deadline and submitted knowingly falsified documents. That puts the Judge in a much trickier position.

It's crazy that they bent over backwards to follow GOP bylaws when it meant a direct violation of state law.
problem is if he's off the ballot were literally talking about voter disenfranchisement

I think people here are generally very against that

Just a bad move

Crayons

Banned
I was so torn between trying to figure out who this other woman was and why weight gain would disqualify her for the presidency, and my burning desire to get away from her as quick as possible.
If I was there, I would've entertained the idea. Anyone know any women who have gained forty pounds recently?

I really don't like the 2 matt lauer emails i've gotten from clinton.

I don't like mirroring the right's attack the media stuff. I don't want dems retreating to echo chambers already more than they have.

Ieave that to surrogates don't have hillary do it.

The problem is that the Republican demonization of the media has worked on the media itself.

They don't go after Republicans as hard as they could, because they are scared of being called biased.

Taking the high road just lets the status quo exist, where they attack Democrats extra hard to protect their flank. If they don't get called out on it, then it will continue.

The emails have nothing on Trump University, Redlining Housing, Khizr Khan, campaign manager being corrupt, Gonzalo Curiel, the Muslim ban, etc.

Yet, you have folks like Matt Lauer basically toeing the "BOTH SIDES" rhetoric. This is dangerous.

How the hell is LePage still in office? I stopped paying attention to that story a few days ago but I figured something would have happened there already.

The problem is that the Republican demonization of the media has worked on the media itself.

They don't go after Republicans as hard as they could, because they are scared of being called biased.

Taking the high road just lets the status quo exist, where they attack Democrats extra hard to protect their flank. If they don't get called out on it, then it will continue.

The emails have nothing on Trump University, Redlining Housing, Khizr Khan, campaign manager being corrupt, Gonzalo Curiel, the Muslim ban, etc.

Yet, you have folks like Matt Lauer basically toeing the "BOTH SIDES" rhetoric. This is dangerous.

I don't like our candidates doing it. Its not going to fix anything. Let others do that, not the official campaign.

Joeytj

Banned
CNN, Fox, MSNBC, keep calling it RTV, Putin TV, RTV channel...

its RUSSIA TODAY lol

It's Russia Today, but...

I for one welcome this instance of media misinformation
(of course, it's still wrong, but I'll celebrate a bit when it goes well for our side)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I hate seeing Trump commercials all over and no Clinton ones her in Colorado. I know most polls show a good lead, but apparently not good enough if Trump is spending here still.

Revolver

Something Chuck Todd said today on Morning Joe is troubling to me. Trump tells so many lies “that when you cover one, there’s six left uncovered. You can’t debunk the lies as fast as he’s telling them sometimes.” He went on to say that at some point people will stop taking him at his word and just assume he's lying. I don't like this notion that the press have it too hard fact checking him and should just trust the public to know he's not telling the truth.

Zukkoyaki

I hate seeing Trump commercials all over and no Clinton ones her in Colorado. I know most polls show a good lead, but apparently not good enough if Trump is spending here still.

The Clinton campaign has about $70 million on hand as of the beginning of September. I imagine they'll buy more ads if necessary.

pigeon

Banned
problem is if he's off the ballot were literally talking about voter disenfranchisement

I think people here are generally very against that

Just a bad move

This is a weird argument. The state has defined processes for getting on the ballot. Trump didn't follow them. Doesn't that have any relevance?

What limits should we be setting on the ability to get on the ballot? If it's November 1st and I decide I want to run for president, is it disenfranchisement if they don't reprint the ballots to include me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom