• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems like the perfect storm. Hilary invites press on her plane starts doing more gaggles/interactions with them.

Lauer shits the bed during that forum and gets called out. Media was slowly getting called out before then but that was the nail in the coffin. Now it seems networks are being a bit more critical.
I'm feeling more confident as of late that Clinton knows what she's doing.

10 point win this November, baby.

Hillary, in her earlier press conference statements in which she dragged Trump for going on Putin controlled networks, perfected her "disappointed mom" voice. I think that's the right tone to take with this stuff. Because, honestly, it makes him look like a child that needs to be sent to his room without his dinner.

The fact that he's upside down is a clue that he's from Australia.

edit: OH SHIT IS IT NEW ZEALAND I'M GONNA GET BANNED

There's a difference?

tumblr_n2lxwb0qKx1qh5qako1_250.gif

Measley

I wonder what New Zealanders think of Trump.

They must think we're a bunch of idiots for allowing him to get so close to the Presidency....

Diablos

The fact that he's upside down is a clue that he's from Australia.

edit: OH SHIT IS IT NEW ZEALAND I'M GONNA GET BANNED
I thought it implied Kev from the netherworld or something, thus being a joke. But okay I can see why you thought that. I always figured he was Murican.

Earth-Two. I am Golden Age kev.

Anyway, the pace of chatroom-like and entirely contextless posts is part of what makes/keeps this thread insular/exclusionary. Something that would be avoided ideally. Particularly since we're locking a dumb single poll threads and telling people to go discuss it in PoliGAF.

Also I'm not in NZ. Although it's creepy that you all keep track.

Boke1879

I'm feeling more confident as of late that Clinton knows what she's doing.

10 point win this November, baby.

I always felt her and her campaign knew what they were doing. Sure she could have interacted with the Press more last month, but her focus was to raise money for herself and her party. She also wasn't going to let Trump deter her.

I find April Ryan to be entirely insufferable. I always have. Like, putting Obama on the campaign trail is not indicative that Hillary doesn't believe *she* can win. Because, that's just silly. Using a team of surrogates is not about "I'm too weak to win" but it's about appealing to different demos of people. She did this exact same thing during the primary too. It was annoying then. It's annoying now.

I don't know. Many people are saying it. Many, many people. We're just asking questions. It's beautiful, okay. It's beautiful.

Revolver

Cliffsnotes summary:

On Hardball a Trump Surrogate claimed that he had proof in his briefcase that Clinton invented Birtherism. Mathews, Reid, and Tur spend the next 20 minutes tag teaming the fool.

I missed it when it aired. Can't wait for the video.

I wished they would have shown the video of McCain being chased by the press onto an elevator this morning in their compilation of GOP'ers being asked about Trump/Putin. The way he was desperately wanting those doors to close was hilarious.

But that's what it took to push for a horserace.

The media will still go hard on Hillary, but they now know they can't go easy on Trump.

No, I don't think Lauer was pushing for a horse race. For me to believe that, I'd have to believe he is competent. He is not. He's an idiot, and he just did a shit job. The thing is, people in the media recognized it as a shit job. While I don't think they engaged in any self-reflection on the tone of their coverage, I think they saw the pushback he got. They don't want to deal with that, because real reports, unlike people who host children's TV for adults (like Lauer) don't have a reputation to back up.

Real journalists do.

Unless you're the Failing NYT, then you just release whatever, because you haven't figured out how to get online and dead tree reporters to write things quickly enough!

At the same time Erin Burnett brought it up to Boris (Trump Surrogate) who looked like a fool saying that it was not an issue to black americans. I really hope this comes up during the debate because it's the only way he will be cornered on it. If he says no, he will get destroyed by the media, and if he says yes he will be turning his back on the huge number of republicans who actually believe that trash

Roger Stone:

Sorry @KatyTurNBC - you're stone cold liar- and you are lying now on the show of blow hard jerk off @chrismatthews

@KatyTurNBC is clearly the most ignorant, mouthy and obnoxious jerk in the media @stonecoldtruth

Lol, classy.

At the same time Erin Burnett brought it up to Boris (Trump Surrogate) who looked like a fool saying that it was not an issue to black americans. I really hope this comes up during the debate because it's the only way he will be cornered on it. If he says no, he will get destroyed by the media, and if he says yes he will be turning his back on the huge number of republicans who actually believe that trash

I'm pretty sure this is their approved talking point: "No one cares about this." Which, like, the fact that someone IS asking you about it is proof that they are, in fact, interested. Then, these surrogates (mostly white) just absolutely fail to actually listen to people of color who say "Ya, this is a big deal." Their response is then "Well it really shouldn't be" which, again, defeats the entire purpose....but whatever.

No, I don't think Lauer was pushing for a horse race. For me to believe that, I'd have to believe he is competent. He is not. He's an idiot, and he just did a shit job. The thing is, people in the media recognized it as a shit job. While I don't think they engaged in any self-reflection on the tone of their coverage, I think they saw the pushback he got. They don't want to deal with that, because real reports, unlike people who host children's TV for adults (like Lauer) don't have a reputation to back up.

Real journalists do.

Unless you're the Failing NYT, then you just release whatever, because you haven't figured out how to get online and dead tree reporters to write things quickly enough!

Fair enough.

I guess I should rephrase it this way then:

The media is interpreting the backlash against Lauer as the message of "Stop treating Trump like a child, because last we checked he is running for the most powerful position in the world." And the media is taking that interpretation very seriously.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I wonder what New Zealanders think of Trump.

They must think we're a bunch of idiots for allowing him to get so close to the Presidency....

Well, we weren't fond of Bush at all, and that was the bar before.

Basically, New Zealanders think Trump as a joke and while we are generally optimistic that Hillary will become President, the fact Trump is the Republican candidate is seen to speak volumes about the "stupidity" of a large part of the electorate (with various degrees of racism, right wing conservatism, and prejudice thrown in depending on who you talk too).

In general, the US is viewed favorably even if US foreign policy is seen as heavy handed and biased towards pursuing commercial interests over humanitarian ones. US politics is considered somewhat of a joke in general given the ineffectiveness of it and the absolutely unprofessional and vitriolic partisan rhetoric, with politicians seeming more worried about re-election than governing. That isn't a "both sides" argument so much as a view on what seems to be an overall broken system.

Of course, the nomination of Sarah Palin gave us a taste of what we might one day expect from the Republicans. So while NZers see Trump as a racist fool, it isn't actually surprising that he might be running for President and being somewhat successful in his pursuit, at least so far.

Like, why would you go with three strokes and Alzheimer's? I'm fine with the liver thing, because, you know, she obviously is an alcoholic and she attacks Bill with broken beer bottles. That's fine.

Crayons

Banned
Like, why would you go with three strokes and Alzheimer's? I'm fine with the liver thing, because, you know, she obviously is an alcoholic and she attacks Bill with broken beer bottles. That's fine.
Lol I feel the same way. I read that and was like "probably true tbh"

Earth-Two. I am Golden Age kev.

Anyway, the pace of chatroom-like and entirely contextless posts is part of what makes/keeps this thread insular/exclusionary. Something that would be avoided ideally. Particularly since we're locking a dumb single poll threads and telling people to go discuss it in PoliGAF.

I'm very concerned about this. There are a few posters I know who won't come in this thread anymore because it's impossible to keep up with. I've started doing news recaps every week but that doesn't especially solve the problem. As a top 10 poster I certainly share some of the blame.

I think we should try to follow a rule that if a post adds nothing to the thread, you shouldn't post it. Also, I think everyone would appreciate it if you or Kev would chime in on occasion to remind us of this.

Also, as a reminder, there is an actual chat room for PoliGAF should people feel so inclined to be chatty.

daedalius

Well I just was asked about religion and politics by a ultra high 26 year old at whole Foods.

That was certainly an... interesting conversation

"King James killed all those Neanderthal Giants man!"

starmud

Roger Stone:

Lol, classy.

Poor Katy having to follow the trump wagon, at one point she seemed to make a fist of rage... She's seen shit...

Honestly though, the anger in the media is only going to grow over this new approach from the trump campaign. which is to deny as if it never happened; if it did its old and Clinton did it first. trump can avoid his weak points; he never has to talk in reality or admit he was wrong. His campaign will talk as if we live in an alternate universe where trump already did something he didn't do or didn't do anything when he actually did...

Just got a fundraising call from DSCC asking for money to help win races in NC, AZ, PA and "other places." lol. They didnt' even mention Strickland or Judge. Like, they asked for $200. Which. No. You're not getting $200. I'll meet you in the middle and give you $20. How the hell they thought I'd give them $200 is beyond me.
Wait, Pence released his taxes?
He did, which is stupid as hell, but whatever. I believe Matthews said he paid a 12% tax rate.

I'm very concerned about this. There are a few posters I know who won't come in this thread anymore because it's impossible to keep up with. I've started doing news recaps every week but that doesn't especially solve the problem. As a top 10 poster I certainly share some of the blame.

I think we should try to follow a rule that if a post adds nothing to the thread, you shouldn't post it. Also, I think everyone would appreciate it if you or Kev would chime in on occasion to remind us of this.

Also, as a reminder, there is an actual chat room for PoliGAF should people feel so inclined to be chatty.

I'm for anything that puts a lid on all the chatroom video game talk we get every day now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom