• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iolo

Fair enough.

I guess I should rephrase it this way then:

The media is interpreting the backlash against Lauer as the message of "Stop treating Trump like a child, because last we checked he is running for the most powerful position in the world." And the media is taking that interpretation very seriously.

Hey. I want you to know that I had left an old tab open on my iPad and accidentally just scrolled past your giant picture of Ted Cruz.

I think we should try to follow a rule that if a post adds nothing to the thread, you shouldn't post it.

Ah crap, now you tell me.

NeoXChaos

daveweigel ‏@daveweigel 49m49 minutes ago
Politico Caucus is the best thing in journalism.

Cr8vz4mWEAAhOWY.jpg

Cr8v083XEAAWrJx.jpg

Kind of bummed. This will the the first election in my lifetime that i'm going to have to vote by mail. it kind of takes the fun out of not going to the ballot box on election day.
:(

I can't believe General Michael Flynn is such a huge part of Trump's team.

I mean, you can say this about everyone on his team (Rudy, Sessions, Christie, Bannon, Ailes in particular...), but Flynn started picking fights in intelligence briefings which seems... not very common?

I still do not understand who is responsible for his scheduling. That makes no sense whatsoever. It's just stupid. Will he speak to an all white crowd again?

He's speaking at a National Guard conference, but it's such a waste of time at this point with such a terrible ground game.

Watching the Hardball segment now http://www.msnbc.com/hardball/watch/has-donald-trump-disavowed-birtherism-761760835833

The slackjawed look on Jack Kingston's face as Joy Politifacts him is just priceless.

Sounds like some people on MSNBC are pushing to have Trump asked about his birtherism during the debates.

That would be beautiful, because Trump has shown he is unwilling to give the only right answer. He only has 4 other options and none of them will work:

1) Admit he still buys into the birther shit, which would be political suicide at this point.

2) Say he doesn't want to talk about it, which will give Hillary the opportunity to prod him until he snaps.

3) Claim that Hillary started the birther movement first, which wouldn't work because Hillary can make him admit he has no evidence and also because Hillary herself has stated multiple times that Obama was born in Hawaii.

4) Claim that no one cares about this and it's not important, to which Hillary can respond by explaining to him the antiamericanism of his birther crap and tell him to put it rest for American people.

Syncytia

I mean, you can say this about everyone on his team (Rudy, Sessions, Christie, Bannon, Ailes in particular...), but Flynn started picking fights in intelligence briefings which seems... not very common?

Yeah it's pretty weird. The intelligence briefings are basically fight club and you follow the rules and shut up about anything that happened there. If someone there decided they simply wanted to try and attack trump, they could've leaked this info after the briefings happened. They did nothing until Trump started spewing his BS about "body language" and "Obama not following their policy" during the forum. That clearly pushed someone over their edge for them to release that info. Nothing stops this crazy train.

He's speaking at a National Guard conference, but it's such a waste of time at this point with such a terrible ground game.
That's slightly better, but he doesn't have the surrogates to be able to pull these things off. While I don't think rallies are the most important thing in the world, they are when that's essentially all you've decided to call "campaign." So, it's stupid. But, everything he does and says is stupid, so who freaking cares anymore?

Twitter will give blue check marks to anyone these days.

Just saw a full blown Nazi account with a blue check mark. All of his tweets are screaming about the Jews and Muslims.

Joeytj

Banned
In fairness, the polls have tightened since last month

I think that's the point of that post. It shows that "GOP Insiders" only know as much as polls.

Yeah, a month ago it looked like HIllary would win in a landslide, and that's very much still possible, but we have also been reminded by the polls that Trump isn't completely done yet, and "Could still win".

Ryuuroden

Earth-Two. I am Golden Age kev.

Anyway, the pace of chatroom-like and entirely contextless posts is part of what makes/keeps this thread insular/exclusionary. Something that would be avoided ideally. Particularly since we're locking a dumb single poll threads and telling people to go discuss it in PoliGAF.

Also I'm not in NZ. Although it's creepy that you all keep track.

Hey this is sort of a good point. I never post in here or respond to anything because often times I read something I want to respond to but its like 6 pages back and it feels like everyone's moved on even though what I want to respond to was only a few hours before. I feel that this issue is partly on me and I don't want to change the way things are.

Also on a semi related note (directed toward adam), I have developed a very obvious to me crush on Adam due to his personality. If you are ever in Columbus, I totally want to hang out. I'm not gay so I won't try to steal you from your boyfriend....I think.

pigeon

Banned
I still do not understand who is responsible for his scheduling. That makes no sense whatsoever. It's just stupid. Will he speak to an all white crowd again?

Trumps schedule makes more sense when you remember he refuses to do fundraising meetings unless he has a rally afterwards in the same area.

Also on a semi related note (directed toward adam), I have developed a very obvious to me crush on Adam due to his personality. If you are ever in Columbus, I totally want to hang out. I'm not gay so I won't try to steal you from your boyfriend....I think.
Aww, thanks! :) How nice. I never get to Cbus anymore. I need to take time to do it. :)
Trumps schedule makes more sense when you remember he refuses to do fundraising meetings unless he has a rally afterwards in the same area.
I think my bigger problem is trying to make sense of anything this idiot does.

That's slightly better, but he doesn't have the surrogates to be able to pull these things off. While I don't think rallies are the most important thing in the world, they are when that's essentially all you've decided to call "campaign." So, it's stupid. But, everything he does and says is stupid, so who freaking cares anymore?
LOL.

Just checked. He's inaugurating his DC hotel on the 12th. All is explained.

Why in the name of anything holy would you let a child wear a shirt that says "rape" or "rapist" on it or whatever the hell that says. That is absolutely disgusting. That's a child!

Why in the name of anything holy would you let a child wear a shirt that says "rape" or "rapist" on it or whatever the hell that says. That is absolutely disgusting. That's a child!

Spoilers: The parents are so insane they thought it was okay to have their child interact with Roger Stone.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Maybe it just says Rap or Rapper. He was our first black president.
Raph, the baddest of the Ninja Turtles.

It's also "not very common" to fly to a foreign country to help celebrate their state-owned propaganda TV channel. Flynn breaks all the rules.

Anderson Cooper is destroyer this Trump supporter on Putin's comments.

"Russia's economy is terrible, you know that?"

"Can you name one thing Putin has done that has made Russia stronger."

::blank stare::

"Russia has gotten stronger and the US weaker. Our debt is bigger."

LOL

Literally asked her multiple times to describe what makes Putin stronger or what he's done and not a single answer.

Also, that Trump comment about Hillary shooting someone and getting away with it was gross.

I'm seeing a lot of people confuse Kerry+Obama working with Russia in a situation where they have to work with Russia with Trump openly adoring Putin.

Note: These people are really really stupid.

Other than the campaign having no competent staff, is there a reason it took Trump a week and a half to release his August fundraising numbers, and in doing so, just released a round $90 million number.

ShOcKwAvE

Ugh...in a long list of WTF comments from Trump, this is stunning because he said the same thing about himself in January.

Trump: Clinton could shoot somebody and not be arrested

Pensacola, Florida (CNN)Donald Trump said Friday that Hillary Clinton could "shoot somebody" in public and avoid prosecution -- echoing a phrase he once used to describe his electoral invulnerability.

The Republican nominee's comments here came as he slammed Clinton's handling of classified information during her time as secretary of state and lamented federal authorities' decision not to charge Clinton after concluding a lengthy investigation.

"She's being so protected. She could walk into this arena right now and shoot somebody with 20,000 people watching," Trump said mimicking a gun with his hand, "right smack in the middle of the heart and she wouldn't be prosecuted, OK?"

Trump held his rally Friday in an arena with a listed capacity of 10,000 people. The "shoot somebody" line wasn't in Trump's prepared remarks.

I could shoot someone and no one would care, look how great I am.
She could shoot someone and no one would care, look how corrupt she is.

He's run out of material.

Recyclin' Trump.

ShOcKwAvE

Also I've been watching the 538 forecast this week and Clinton's slowly gone back to around 70%. With the way this week ended, I think Trump has stopped closing the gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom