• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Hillary can play this to her advantage if she deals the right cards. Go ahead and release more of her medical records. That will shut the media up AND puts the spotlight back on Trump and his ID4 alien doctor, with a peripheral talk of releasing tax returns.

thebloo

Okay, I saw that video. It looks really bad even if it's not as bad as it looks. Yes the GOP has already been harping on her over her health but they're really going to up the ante now.

Some shitty SuperPAC or Trump will run ads with it, no doubt.

One "good" thing is that the video is not super clear and it won't play super well for those not paying attention.

Realistically, it'll be in the news for a while, with that clip playing, and the Trump campaign will use it. Some people who support Hillary will be worried about it. It'll probably hang over things in the background to some extent, be a question at the debates.

I understand people freaking out a bit about it, but I have to raise an eyebrow at people now discussing Hillary stepping down. Talking about how this will likely have some impact is completely fair, but I feel like this is veering into actual Diablosing now.

I don't seriously believe she will step down/die, I'm just kind of curious how Kaine would do, that's all.

She's going to be fine and going to be president and serve an excellent 8 years.

Okay, I saw that video. It looks really bad even if it's not as bad as it looks. Yes the GOP has already been harping on her over her health but they're really going to up the ante now.

The "GOP" hasn't said shit.

Boke1879

I think Hillary can play this to her advantage if she deals the right cards. Go ahead and release more of her medical records. That will shut the media up AND puts the spotlight back on Trump and his ID4 alien doctor, with a peripheral talk of releasing tax returns.

I was thinking the same thing. If she's truly fine. Release more medical records. Make a little joke at a presser about it and be done with it.

Pixieking

Banned

And let's say they do... So what? Even a subtle nuanced advert about Hillary's health will have the consequence of pissing off women who have fainted/felt dizzy. How many women in the workplace have had "well-meaning" emails and conversations with men about their health after fainting or a dizzy spell? Seriously, it's so antagonistic to the people that Trump is trying to woo that if they do it, they reinforce their base, and drive away everyone else.

Zukkoyaki

I don't seriously believe she will step down/die, I'm just kind of curious how Kaine would do, that's all.

She's going to be fine and going to be president and serve an excellent 8 years.

Kaine would be a fine president. He's a smart guy and pretty identical to Obama on essentially every policy. He's also super likable. In the event he becomes president, we would have nothing to worry about.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm fascinated to see how republicans handle this.

My guess is republicans in general handle it well, and Trump gets his phone back in a week and does something stupid with it.

Hillary needs to:

A) Make it funny.

B) Appeal to senior citizens with this. Seriously--there are a ton of senior citizens out there who, if she attaches herself to them, could feel like they were being attacked as well.

Diablos

I'm thinking less people switching to Trump and more undecideds/moderates staying home.
Yeah, I don't think people who hate Trump and/or Democrats who planned on voting for Hillary will vote for him, but it can definitely depress turnout, and probably will if this continues to be a thing.

This whole cycle just sucks. I don't care how Hillary wins, she just needs to.

Hopfrog

Some of you are going overboard with this. Hillary stepping down? Will never happen. She would have to be on her death-bed to step down, and she isn't, so it won't happen.

This will energize the Hillary "health truthers" and will likely get some play in the mainstream, but I don't see how it massively changes the dynamics of the election, especially if she continues to show up on the trail looking fine.

Boke1879

The "GOP" hasn't said shit.

Personally if Trump/GOP are smart. They play this lowkey as hell. Either don't say anything or release a statement saying "we saw what happened with Hillary and we are glad she's doing fine." something to that extent.

If they want to go off the deep end with it. So be it, but that could backfire.

Btw congrats Adam.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Real solution is Bill Clinton gets Hillary prosthetics every day and then at the inauguration pulls off the mask revealing it was him all along.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Hahaha, yes, we did. It's not the most romantic story in the world.

We're moving in together. We talked about getting engaged but said we'd wait and see. Last night, the five year old ran up to me and said "You know Uncle Colt's going to ask you to marry him right?" while holding a ring sized box. I told him to put it up. I guess when he did put it back from wherever he found it, it wasn't in the right place. lol

Anyway, bf got home from his weekend of sin and said that he realized that moving in together wasn't enough. He wanted to make sure that I knew he wanted to not just live with me but be with me. So, in front of my mom and the boys he asked me. I said yes, obviously.

And, the ring....it's actually his ring. He's had it since he was 12. His dad gave it to him before he passed away. And ya. It was super sweet. Means a lot to me more than just something randomly picked up at a jewelry store.

But, we're not getting married anytime soon. Like. At all. :)

nice story regardless. congrats!

In all seriousness (and speaking from a place of emotion rather than logic) if Hillary dies in office and Kaine takes over, I would sleep very well at night knowing that America's most adorable dad is taking care of things. Based on his convention appearance, the dude's got an adorkable knack for making things feel mad cozy and comfy.

Hopfrog

And this again highlights the double standard at play. Hillary can release even more detailed medical records showing that her health is fine and people will still scrutinize her to death, whereas Trump has some quack write a four paragraph letter saying he is the healthiest candidate in history and yet that is okay with many people.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think her next event matters. Does she have a public schedule? What's she doing next?

And congrats Adam.

So, whether we diablos about this or not, this will be a top story this week barring something else coming along to change the narrative.

What should Team Clinton's next move be to get out in front of this? Because the sooner they do, the better.

And this again highlights the double standard at play. Hillary can release even more detailed medical records showing that her health is fine and people will still scrutinize her to death, whereas Trump has some quack write a four paragraph letter saying he is the healthiest candidate in history and yet that is okay with many people.
No offense bruh but there is no video of trump fainting on the campaign trail

This is going to be a discussion at the debates for her going forward

So, whether we diablos about this or not, this will be a top story this week barring something else coming along to change the narrative.

What should Team Clinton's next move be to get out in front of this? Because the sooner they do, the better.

She needs to hold a press gaggle, ASAP

Personally if Trump/GOP are smart. They play this lowkey as hell. Either don't say anything or release a statement saying "we saw what happened with Hillary and we are glad she's doing fine." something to that extent.

If they want to go off the deep end with it. So be it, but that could backfire.
Why would it backfire once they actually have something substantial to feed the flames? I don't see Trump, his surrogates or the GOP failing to capitalize on this incident in a grandiose manner. The video of her unable to stand and subsequently fainting looks horrific.

PBY

Banned
Oh god. If we waste precious debate time to talk about her health instead of actual policy...

Fuck the media...
Eh

This isn't the medias fault. It's a fair question imo, there's a video of her fainting after 6 months of health rumors. she needs a perfect answer for this

I think she needs to run, like literally run to get out ahead of this. Or maybe do Yoga at a press conference.

Congrats Adam you now get to be married with children.

Pixieking

Banned
Why would it backfire once they actually have something substantial to feed the flames? I don't see Trump, his surrogates or the GOP failing to capitalize on this incident in a grandiose manner. The video of her unable to stand and subsequently fainting looks horrific.

Do pensioners vote in huge numbers?
Do children who have 1 or 2 parents in a nursing home vote in huge numbers?
Do the spouses/significant others of either of those groups above vote in significant numbers?

If yest to any/all of the above, then it'll backfire. The implication that someone is unable to do a job because they've fainted is moronic. Pure and simply, and if that affects a voters decision who to vote for, then they're moronic.

Hospitalization is one thing, but not fainting.

mackaveli

I don't understand this health concern.

How will this help trump with the minority vote or the women vote? it not like all of a sudden they going to switch to trump or not vote knowing what's at stake? Oh Hillary may not be healthy might as well vote for trump to deport my ass. Or just stay home. Seems to me they be more inclined to vote and to get out the vote.

Also educated white people won't just suddenly change since they are you know educated so won't just quickly judge the video and switch votes.

Hopfrog

No offense bruh but there is no video of trump fainting on the campaign trail

This is going to be a discussion at the debates for her going forward

It is one question and a one minute response at the debates at most. Any more than that and the moderators will be playing right into the hands of the health-truther, Clinton is dying fringe.

I don't understand this health concern.

How will this help trump with the minority vote or the women vote? it not like all of a sudden they going to switch to trump or not vote knowing what's at stake? Oh Hillary may not be healthy might as well vote for trump to deport my ass. Or just stay home. Seems to me they be more inclined to vote and to get out the vote.

Also educated white people won't just suddenly change since they are you know educated so won't just quickly judge the video and switch votes.

Folks are concerned with "optics".

PBY

Banned
It is one question and a one minute response at the debates at most. Any more than that and the moderators will be playing right into the hands of the health-truther, Clinton is dying fringe.
To be fair - there's a video of her fainting, this is beyond a fringe thing.

Eh

This isn't the medias fault. It's a fair question imo, there's a video of her fainting after 6 months of health rumors. she needs a perfect answer for this

The 6 months of health rumors were started by her shaking her head back and forth as a joke.

The man who started the rumors is a NeoNazi who sells juice supplements and is most famous for stalking Zoe Quinn during GamerGate.

Hopfrog

To be fair - there's a video of her fainting, this is beyond a fringe thing.

As if perfectly healthy people have never fainted? Especially someone who is older and is at the head of presidential campaign which can be exhausting and draining in a way that most people do not realize?

I am simply trying to be measured here. Yes she should address it, but if it starts to overwhelm more important concerns then that is just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom