• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think it wouldn't hurt if she gave some sort of talk today just so that people see she's healthy and doing well and not dying in some hospital bed.

I know she probably doesn't have campaign events scheduled today for obvious reasons, but the sooner she gets on camera, speaking, the better.

Ugh, what a rough week. The debates can't get here soon enough. And this is a time when they should be fighting back, not shitting the bed.

A rough week? Her polls are swinging back up, she brought racism to the national discussion, had an excellent debate thingy, and held a successful press conference.

Paches

Everyone is going to be busy watching football today so hopefully it blows over. That one video where she is practically falling down is horrible though...I am frightened now of Trump more than ever.

Ok, F this; I'm going to go back to staring at Geralt's booty & saving the countryside. Will check the news tomorrow when it's stabilized.
I acquired all the Legendary Superior Wolven gear last night. It's easily the best looking armor in game. Can't wait till I get my hands on Mastercraft.

maxresdefault.jpg

Diablos

I'm surprised she's not doing anything for the rest of the day.
At least give a brief press conference.

Hopefully the next 3 days on the west coast go smoothly.

I think a video where she's clearly not able to stand on her own or walk is going to make a whole lot of people worried about her health and ability to be president. It made ME worried about her health.

Sure, she got better in two hours. Nuclear weapon launches happen in five minutes.

edit: This is going to come up in the debates now.

This is where I am. I'm less concerned about the electoral implications if nothing else happens--it would help if she cartwheels onto the debate stage though--but I am a little about her actual health! "This is fainting weather for 70-year-olds in bulletproof vests" does not make me feel better as those two factors are not going to be improved upon.

Hopfrog

Another observation from that OT thread: It is amazing that GAF has so many medical professionals who can watch a short video and diagnose all sorts of medical conditions that Hillary probably has.

Boke1879

This is where I am. I'm less concerned about the electoral implications if nothing else happens--it would help if she cartwheels onto the debate stage though--but I am a little about her actual health! "This is fainting weather for 70-year-olds in bulletproof vests" does not make me feel better as those two factors are not going to be improved upon.

If something happens to her in office. You have Tim Kaine right there. This is what you plan for.

Jeez Adam, what's gonna happen when you finally get married?

Congrats!

Seriously have you guys thought about a nine-year engagement

(also congrats!!)

If something happens to her in office. You have Tim Kaine right there. This is what you plan for.

Yes, of course. But I'd rather not have something happen, period? It quite obviously doesn't affect my vote one iota. But right now this takes me from "lol she's fine" to "ah, hope she's okay and stuff".

Seriously how does anyone who is anti Trump go Trump after all the shit he does because she fainted?

I'm healthy and have almost fainted before. I'm in my 20s. I looked like that video.

This is only getting play because of Trumps stupid conspiracies.

We had a president with Alzheimer's and one who needed speed to functions.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think a video where she's clearly not able to stand on her own or walk is going to make a whole lot of people worried about her health and ability to be president. It made ME worried about her health.

Sure, she got better in two hours. Nuclear weapon launches happen in five minutes.

That's super crazy! Of course she would not be able to stand on her own if she fainted. Is the argument that people who faint are less reliable than those who don't because nuclear launches could occur at any given minute? If so, Clinton already has a history of those so she should have been disqualified.

royalan

I doubt the GOP has the restraint to play this hand properly.

I'm not going to worry, because I honestly think this is likely.

The GOP has operated with the tenderness of a blunt hammer all year. Go ahead, make this a big issue and piss women of even more.

That being said, Hillary needs to be sharp. And, hopefully, get that cough under control. Because that, if anything, is what gives these health conspiracies play.

Cyanity

Banned
I acquired all the Legendary Superior Wolven gear last night. It's easily the best looking armor in game. Can't wait till I get my hands on Mastercraft.

I know I said I wouldn't return until tomorrow but oh boy, that armor looks good. I've been working on Cat, but might just have to switch to Wolven now...

adam got engaged!??? wtf??? You need to tell the story?
Hahaha, yes, we did. It's not the most romantic story in the world.

We're moving in together. We talked about getting engaged but said we'd wait and see. Last night, the five year old ran up to me and said "You know Uncle Colt's going to ask you to marry him right?" while holding a ring sized box. I told him to put it up. I guess when he did put it back from wherever he found it, it wasn't in the right place. lol

Anyway, bf got home from his weekend of sin and said that he realized that moving in together wasn't enough. He wanted to make sure that I knew he wanted to not just live with me but be with me. So, in front of my mom and the boys he asked me. I said yes, obviously.

And, the ring....it's actually his ring. He's had it since he was 12. His dad gave it to him before he passed away. And ya. It was super sweet. Means a lot to me more than just something randomly picked up at a jewelry store.

But, we're not getting married anytime soon. Like. At all. :)

pigeon

Banned
Remember that poll from a few weeks ago that showed that most Americans could not care less about Hillary's health?

Yeah, because it was a totally invented right-wing narrative.

Now it's a mainstream narrative.

That number will change.

I just don't see how this event causes HRC voters to switch to Trump. If you didn't like Trump before, how is HRC stumbling into a van gonna sway your vote? This is just going to feed into the right wing hysteria and make them look petty & foolish when they're still frothing at the mouth over this two weeks from now.

I think there are voters out there who are concerned about national security and think that Trump is too unstable to control our nuclear arsenal, who will potentially feel that Hillary is too unwell to do the same. They probably won't vote Trump, but they may have been planning to vote HRC and now stay home.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So let's say Hillary steps down for health reasons.

Does Kaine do better than Hillary because he isn't Hillary, or does he do worse because nobody knows who he is?

Kaine isn't assured the spot. I think Kaine would lose, but if they put in Bernie he'd win.

JFK was doing of bunch of drugs during the Cuban missile crisis

There is an element of sexisn and stereotyping old women as unquiely frail. Unlike old men.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If Hillary steps down for health reasons, Dems lose. Period.

I can't imagine there's many people out there that would switch to Trump if Hillary wasn't the candidate. I'd guess the number would be less than 100.

Yeah, because it was a totally invented right-wing narrative.

Now it's a mainstream narrative.

That number will change.

I think there are voters out there who are concerned about national security and think that Trump is too unstable to control our nuclear arsenal, who will potentially feel that Hillary is too unwell to do the same. They probably won't vote Trump, but they may have been planning to vote HRC and now stay home.

And let Trump win...

You're not thinking rationally now. One fairing episode isn't going to do this.

The biggest issue of this is every time she doesn't do something it's going to be asked "is it because her health?"

She could run a damn marathon tomorrow and it wouldn't convince any of the people who are actually swayed by this stuff. Video is sorta totally bad, admittedly. I'm willing to openly discuss the health of both candidates when Trump releases something beyond his most non-medical medical release ever. This is a great opportunity for Trump to try to actually make a point if he put even the tiniest bit of effort into it.

Serious talk; She should do a full press conference tomorrow and can't afford to take anything off her schedule.

Boke1879

I'm not going to worry, because I honestly think this is likely.

The GOP has operated with the tenderness of a blunt hammer all year. Go ahead, make this a big issue and piss women of even more.

That being said, Hillary needs to be sharp. And, hopefully, get that cough under control. Because that, if anything, is what gives these health conspiracies play.

Right the cough if anything is more keeping shit alive.

Again. The video doesn't look great, but that's what happens when you're fainting.

If anything let Trump and the GOP make this a big deal. Just hope Hillary doesn't trip going up the steps and she's looking fine and this looks ridiculous.

JFK was doing of bunch of drugs during the Cuban missile crisis

There is an element of sexisn and stereotyping old women as unquiely frail. Unlike old men.
I mean most candidates don't have video footage of fainting.

Honestly I'm curious how this will play. There is literally now video of her having a health issue. Even if the issue itself was temporary that video is permanent.

It would be Kaine.

The ballot would still be Clinton-Kaine, it's too late to change that.

Kaine would just assume the office of presidency upon victory.

thebloo

How didn't they avoid that video? I mean it's not that hard to block the view, she's not 7 feet tall. Video looks bad, I hope she's ok.

Would depend on who they replaced her with.
And how do you effectively work that messaging in under two months when the ballots are already set in stone? It's the same reason a lot of us got giddy about the prospect of Trump stepping down when he had his Gaffe Month and Hillary was leading by 7; the system doesn't easily allow for that sort of thing.

Diablos

Okay, I saw that video. It looks really bad even if it's not as bad as it looks. Yes the GOP has already been harping on her over her health but they're really going to up the ante now.

Some shitty SuperPAC or Trump will run ads with it, no doubt.

Crayons

Banned
Hahaha, yes, we did. It's not the most romantic story in the world.

We're moving in together. We talked about getting engaged but said we'd wait and see. Last night, the five year old ran up to me and said "You know Uncle Colt's going to ask you to marry him right?" while holding a ring sized box. I told him to put it up. I guess when he did put it back from wherever he found it, it wasn't in the right place. lol

Anyway, bf got home from his weekend of sin and said that he realized that moving in together wasn't enough. He wanted to make sure that I knew he wanted to not just live with me but be with me. So, in front of my mom and the boys he asked me. I said yes, obviously.

And, the ring....it's actually his ring. He's had it since he was 12. His dad gave it to him before he passed away. And ya. It was super sweet. Means a lot to me more than just something randomly picked up at a jewelry store.

But, we're not getting married anytime soon. Like. At all. :)
Awww that's so adorable! My stomach is fluttering. So happy for you

Realistically, it'll be in the news for a while, with that clip playing, and the Trump campaign will use it. Some people who support Hillary will be worried about it. It'll probably hang over things in the background to some extent, be a question at the debates.

I understand people freaking out a bit about it, but I have to raise an eyebrow at people now discussing Hillary stepping down. Talking about how this will likely have some impact is completely fair, but I feel like this is veering into actual Diablosing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom