• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I was just gonna quote this.

My guess is it was likely dehydration. If she didnt drink a lot last night or this morning it can catch up. I had the same thing happen. I hadn't drank. Didn't have a/c and almost passed out at 830 am.

Yup, I've had it happen on the way to work in the morning. If I had to walk another block certain mornings I'd have fainted at my desk.

Hopfrog

It's worth remembering we had a president serve an entire term of his presidency while suffering from early dementia.

And one who couldn't walk (but was a top tier president)

And one who had a stroke while in office (although this one ended badly)

And Kennedy was on a cocktail of various medications and painkillers during his presidency to deal with all of his problems.

The video isn't even that bad. It's heat exhaustion.
I disagree. I think the video looks horrific, even knowing the cause. I would be just as alarmed if I saw Obama being propped up and literally falling into a van.

It's worth remembering we had a president serve an entire term of his presidency while suffering from early dementia.

And one who couldn't walk

And one who had a stroke while in office (although this one ended badly)

Hillary Clinton is not a president. I believe it is a little silly to compare her health and America's willingness to accept the possibility of it being detrimentally poor to that of actual sitting Presidents from (very) different eras and in very different political environments.

It is a fair point that the video of Bush passing out and puking on the Japanese prime minister was a worse moment and it didn't sink him. I would point out, though, that we were in a different media environment then, Bill wasn't making an issue of Bush's health, Bush was an incumbent president, and he was a man. The dynamic is very different in this case. I am worried about whether the Andrea Mitchells of the media world treat this as a permanent beat to cover.

Aye.

Yup, I've had it happen on the way to work in the morning. If I had to walk another block certain mornings I'd have fainted at my desk.
I was on the subway and just rode the extra stop to the doctors. It was scary how you literally feel like you're gonna die.

My guess is it was likely dehydration. If she didnt drink a lot last night or this morning it can catch up. I had the same thing happen. I hadn't drank. Didn't have a/c and almost passed out at 830 am.

Yeah, I remember I got really worrying dehydration once. I was dizzy, my extremities felt tingly, my heart and breathing felt shallow. I tried riding a train back, but I could hardly stand without wanting to vomit, and had to rush the first time a seat opened up. I hadn't had enough water that day and had a really salty lunch. Osaka in August blows.

And that had me messed up for the next few days. Hillary seemed to recover within an hour.

I'm suggesting that people here should not be dressing up right wing conspiracy theories as journalism, which I've seen for three hours now. Anyway, obviously 9/11 means she can't do anything else today so she just has to wait until tomorrow. Definitely with a press gaggle.
Fair enough. I agree.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I was on the subway and just rode the extra stop to the doctors. It was scary how you literally feel like you're gonna die.

Seriously, it's insane how hot it can get in parts of this city. There's literally times of day I'll avoid going outside this year because the heat can get too much. Especially in the city itself, the sun bounces off all the glass and it feels way hotter than it really is. There's a reason everyone uses the temperature in Central Park as the baseline.

Yeah, I remember I got really worrying dehydration once. I was dizzy, my extremities felt tingly, my heart and breathing felt shallow. I tried riding a train back, but I could hardly stand without wanting to vomit, and had to rush the first time a seat opened up. I hadn't had enough water that day and had a really salty lunch. Osaka in August blows.

And that had me messed up for the next few days. Hillary seemed to recover within an hour.

It was probably just too many layers in the heat.

Boke1879

This election (and this thread) is certainly going to give me a health episode.

Honestly don't stress about it. Optics wise this isn't a good look, but there is nothing I or anyone else can do to change anything.

The only thing I can do is vote on election day. Sure I'm worried about a Trump Presidency but I can't worry about that shit everyday. I'll worry when it actually happens.

royalan

Hell for me, it doesn't even have to be hot.

I'm 6'4", if I haven't eaten and/or drank enough water I've almost fainted just from standing up too fast.

She's 68, it's hot and humid as fuck in NYC right now, air quality there on a GOOD DAY fucking sucks, and she's wearing a bullet proof vest. Those things are heavy AND constricting.

Debirudog

If Trump does anything stupid/callous in 9/11, it pretty much highlights his true nature which is visibly naked throughout the election.

studyguy

I'm suggesting that people here should not be dressing up right wing conspiracy theories as journalism, which I've seen for three hours now. Anyway, obviously 9/11 means she can't do anything else today so she just has to wait until tomorrow. Definitely with a press gaggle.

And she will have to address it or she'll pay the price. I think she will.

I actually do not believe the GOP or Trump himself will touch this.

One would hope that if Trump and the crew pick it up big time on health then he'd be asked to do the same. He's managed to just skate by for taxes though so I doubt it'd come out to much in the end though.

I'd sooner expect his surrogates to pounce on her for this than Trump himself.

Also I've passed out from blood loss before. I remember shouting that I was passing out too. Like you feel it coming somehow.

Crayons

Banned

My guess is it was likely dehydration. If she didnt drink a lot last night or this morning it can catch up. I had the same thing happen. I hadn't drank. Didn't have a/c and almost passed out at 830 am. Drank water was fine in an hour.

Yeah if that how it plays. It's nothing. The fever swamps will analysize the video but they arent changing anything.

I do want her to be super hydrated and side on caution though. I'd rather people think she's hiding something than have another episode.
Or maybe she DID drink a lot and that dehydrated her

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
"Sorry about that yesterday--before I headed out I was reading a list of Trump's foreign policy ideas and was thinking about him actually being president--guess it got to me!"

Press laughs. Problem solved.

Diablos

I overheated a couple times over the summer working outside. Got carried away with some yardwork, given that I have a considerable amount of upper body strength and overheated. It's brutal. I didn't do anything physical for a week.

This summer was bad. Lots of dry heat, no breeze, nothing. Easy for ANYONE to get exhausted even if you jog every day and you're 25. So Hillary, given her age... I can understand if the heat has taken its toll on her. She seriously might just be exhausted and hasn't had time to recover due to the nature of the campaign.

Really pissed that the Republicans started pushing these stories about her health that were outright lies to build a narrative that a minor health issue would feed into. Fucking deplorable.

Joeytj

Banned
Yeah, I woke after the entire brouhaha and I'm not seeing much in media and not even Twitter, which is dominated by football. And since there will be no campaigning, it won't be until tomorrow that Trump can react.

You are also forgetting something. Unlike the "deplorables" comments, if Trump attacks her for this, and she simply gets back on her feet and proves she doesn't have any serious chronic illness, he won't win that fight, he will simply anger Hillary supporters, especially older women.

It's fun to go back and see all of your reactions in real time.

By the way, notice how the "deplorable" comments are gone now?

Alright, I've had enough Political Anxiety for one day. I'm going to unplug and play video games for the rest of the afternoon. Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Zukkoyaki

"Sorry about that yesterday--before I headed out I was reading a list of Trump's foreign policy ideas and was thinking about him actually being president--guess it got to me!"

Press laughs. Problem solved.

Oh man, she neeeeeeeeds to say something like this. Press LOVES zingers.

HylianTom

Banned
Yeah, I woke after the entire brouhaha and I'm not seeing much in media and not even Twitter, which is dominated by football. And since there will be no campaigning, it won't be until tomorrow that Trump can react.

You are also forgetting something. Unlike the "deplorables" comments, if Trump attacks her for this, and she simply gets back on her feet and proves she doesn't have any serious chronic illness, he won't win that fight, he will simply anger Hillary supporters, especially older women.

It's been a pattern of the whole campaign. If you don't like the issue being covered, wait 5 minutes.
(*unless it's emails)

The video isn't even that bad. It's heat exhaustion. But fox is gonna get their medical a-team to say it's cancer or a stroke.

And when people say it's not a big deal they don't disagree it won't dominate the news (because the media sucks and aimlessly reporting health rumors is easier than digging around trumps stuff) but they know it won't affect the actual election

There's a kind of has lighting going on with the health I'm even kinda falling for it.

This. I know it'll dominate the news for a week, but I don't see it having an effect here. And Hillary had damn well better not do any response to it today. Anyone suggesting otherwise is an idiot.

Official medial report

7a.jpg

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lh9pbR2mQo

That little girl is so cute. Daww.
This isn't a good look. She clearly can't "recall" what happened to her. It's like something is wrong with her memory.

Can I get a radio show now?

In all seriousness. I'm in the camp that it's something she should address, but I'm also in the camp of not caring about this election much anymore. There's something insane happening every day. I just want it to be over.

royalan

This. I know it'll dominate the news for a week, but I don't see it having an effect here. And Hillary had damn well better not do any response to it today. Anyone suggesting otherwise is an idiot.

Certainly not today.

But she should definitely hold a press event before Trump does.

Diablos

I just hope the deplorable comment doesn't hurt her more than it should. Because that + something with her health she couldn't help over the same weekend can be particularly damaging. I mean we don't even know how the polls have reflected her comments over the weekend yet, let alone this. So now we're waiting on two lagging issues that aren't in the polls yet.

TyrantII

No news happens on a weekend. Just wait till Monday.

Debirudog

In all seriousness. I'm in the camp that it's something she should address, but I'm also in the camp of not caring about this election much anymore. There's something insane happening every day. I just want it to be over.

Same, there's only so much stupidity in this election that I can handle.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I just hope the deplorable comment doesn't hurt her more than it should. Because that + something with her health she couldn't help over the same weekend can be particularly damaging. I mean we don't even know how the polls have reflected her comments over the weekend yet, let alone this. So now we're waiting on two lagging issues that aren't in the polls yet.

Also the emails...

Hopfrog

I do wonder if a 5'4" guy who had seizures (James Madison) could rise to president in today's world.

If most of the founders had the kind of scrutiny that political figures get now most of the early major players would have been fucked. Washington was pretty squeeky clean comparatively speaking, but Franklin, Hamilton, Madison, Adams, Jefferson had plenty of skeletons, and that is just the biggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom