• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

I just hope the deplorable comment doesn't hurt her more than it should. Because that + something with her health she couldn't help over the same weekend can be particularly damaging. I mean we don't even know how the polls have reflected her comments over the weekend yet, let alone this. So now we're waiting on two lagging issues that aren't in the polls yet.

No way does the deplorables comment hurt her.

It happened on a Friday before 9/11 and the first day of Football...or something.

And she got way too much good press coverage for saying it. GOP whined, but they whine about everything.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just hope the deplorable comment doesn't hurt her more than it should. Because that + something with her health she couldn't help over the same weekend can be particularly damaging. I mean we don't even know how the polls have reflected her comments over the weekend yet, let alone this. So now we're waiting on two lagging issues that aren't in the polls yet.

Trump's support has been fairly static, she won't bleed any to him. She just needs to keep her supporters enthused, the deplorable comment should do that.

Joeytj

Banned
Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lh9pbR2mQo

That little girl is so cute. Daww.

CNN is reporting the whole thing, not just the video. She overheated, kind of fainted, went to rest to Chelsea's appartment, then came out fine and greeted a girl.

That's what most news is covering, even my local news. None of them leaving out the part that she is fine and needed only to rest a while.

But it will be good if her campaign reassured everyone by putting out her latest medical records.

Boke1879

IMO those comments are one of the best things she's done. Because it needs to be said and there was decent press out of it.

After she makes a press release on what happened with her health. She definitely needs to do this first thing tomorrow. She should keep harping on that "deplorable" angle for a bit longer.

She needs to go through with what's on her schedule, and talk a bit on policy.

Hopfrog

Come to think of it, a fun Twitter feed would be Trump tweeting as if he was campaigning against long-dead political figures.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Washington needed help from the FRENCH to beat the British, not a winner in my book. SAD.

I'll be frank I think, if she does have serious health problems she should hide them. Trump is too great a danger and if trump can't reveal his taxes and ties to the mob and russian oligarchs why does hillary have to reveal her health.

I don't think that's whats actually happening but we've had sick presidents before and its better than insane ones

Alcander

Come to think of it, a fun Twitter feed would be Trump tweeting as if he was campaigning against long-dead political figures.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Washington needed help from the FRENCH to beat the British, not a winner in my book. SAD.

That is actually a great idea

Sianos

I'm personally at that stage of being sick where I've finally realized that "oh, the reason I've been feeling so run down lately is because I'm sick". Starting to feel that burning iny throat and my phlegm output would make Hillary proud.

I guess my political career begins and ends today.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That new angle video of her at the van makes her look like a malfunctioning robot.

Oh shit, got out of bed too fast and had to prop myself up against the wall to keep from passing out!

NeverGonnaBePresident.gif
This legit made me laugh, and I needed it after waking up to this news. Thanks.

I think I need to disengage from this story now, as it's affected me more than I would have anticipated. Both my mother and grandmother are battling significant health issues right now and there is a frustrating powerlessness involved in watching a loved one's health deteriorate from the sidelines.

With Clinton I think I am experiencing a similar anxiety, if somewhat unwarranted, because so much is at stake for me personally and the country as a whole and it all rides on her candidacy. Not quite knowing what's going on with her health, seeing her at anything less than 100% and having absolutely no agency regarding it immediately puts me back into a very unpleasant mental state of being at the mercy of whatever the fuck is going to happen next.

And I hate that.

Bowdz

Man, it's always something.

While I absolutely don't think this will effect the overall election, it's certainly a bad look. So much of this thread has argued that it is bad politics to play into your opponent's narrative of you, and this (regardless of the veracity of the narrative) plays into Trump narrative that Clinton lacks stamina and is too weak to be President. That video looks terrible especially in a season dominated by a conversation about America's lack of strength on the global stage.

I agree that she should do a press conference tomorrow and release even more extensive medical records to put this rest, but ANYTHING else that happens this season will be under a microscope. Her campaign has to thread the needle by not packing her schedule so much that this gets brought again but not culling it to the point she looks like she's weak.

Also, thus far, the GOP hasn't made this an issue because honestly, they don't need to. It plays into the narrative by itself. Congresswoman Black, who was a nurse from TN, was on CNN and she didn't take Tapper's bait at all.

There is no upside to this. Based off of today's coverage, next week will be about Hillary's fainting, "basket of deplorables", and the tightening of the race instead of the Trump Foundation story and his Putin comments.

johnsmith

remember me
They should use this as a chance to counter attack.

"Hillary is fine. But let's talks about Donald Trump. He's a 70 year old fat ass still eating McDonalds and KFC"

Owzers

CNN's front page is having a hard time figuring out what to title her interview about 9/11. A few hours ago it was "Hillary Clinton's 9/11" and then they must have figured out how idiotic that sounded so they changed it to "Hillary Remembers", which is still weird.

Alcander

Dudes. This health shit is freaking me out. I get that its probably nothing, but Fox News et al are going to have a field day with this, and it only serves to reinforce the trump = strong narrative that he is pushing. Ugh. It just looks so bad.

Edit: top of page. Ignore my diablosing

HylianTom

Banned

"Hillary is fine. But let's talks about Donald Trump. He's a 70 year old fat ass still eating McDonalds and KFC"

I'd love for someone like Carville or Dean or Brazille to say that..

(and someone needs to flip the video upside-down and release it as "new footage")

Wilsongt

I can't with the OT. Right now. I just can't.

Fuck. I mean, I'm 31 and if it's fucking humid outside and in the 80s I'd be miserable, also.

Especially if you're wearing fucking long pants and long sleeve pantsuit.

Fuck all with this fucking bullshit.

Bowdz

While I don't think Trump is a model of health, he hasn't fainted during the election. It would reek of desperation to try and pivot to Trump's health on this.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

I'll summarize the diablosing

JS5u6C3.gif

Grief.exe

Leaving Chelsea's apartment so quickly under her own power is good optics for this.

Most likely, she was dehydrated. I live in a high altitude area, dehydration can hit you quickly.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I think a video where she's clearly not able to stand on her own or walk is going to make a whole lot of people worried about her health and ability to be president. It made ME worried about her health

Yeah sure, when the best president you ever had was confined to a wheelchair?

Joeytj

Banned
CNN's front page is having a hard time figuring out what to title her interview about 9/11. A few hours ago it was "Hillary Clinton's 9/11" and then they must have figured out how idiotic that sounded so they changed it to "Hillary Remembers", which is still weird.

It's a prerecorded interview right? Or is she doing an interview today?

Effect

Fuck. I mean, I'm 31 and if it's fucking humid outside and in the 80s I'd be miserable, also.

Especially if you're wearing fucking long pants and long sleeve pantsuit.

Fuck all with this fucking bullshit.

She'd likely be wearing a bullet proof vest under that as well I believe.

If most of the founders had the kind of scrutiny that political figures get now most of the early major players would have been fucked. Washington was pretty squeeky clean comparatively speaking, but Franklin, Hamilton, Madison, Adams, Jefferson had plenty of skeletons, and that is just the biggies.

What was Adams' skeleton?

Also, congrats Adam. Await your mother's reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom