• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude is 92. This should have been a nothing burger but given this election...
Psst. He was 68 when he was running for president.

But in any case, considering he was exactly the same age as Hillary Clinton is when she's running for president, we can surmise that differing treatments of the same event (with the former event actually being MORE concerning) can only be unethical and an attempt to deligitimize our first woman president.

Psst. He was 68 when he was running for president.

But in any case, considering he was exactly the same age as Hillary Clinton is when she's running for president, we can surmise that differing treatments of the same event (with the former event actually being MORE concerning) can only be unethical and an attempt to deligitimize our first woman president.

To be fair, most of the reason it wasn't an issue by Election Day is because he mercifully refrained from puking or fainting on anyone for the next eleven months. I honestly can't guess how it would have played around this time of year.

Likewise, if Clinton had fainted in January it probably (probably) would have been relegated to the usual sewers and National Enquirers by now.

Maybe we should just focus on the debates. I mean, Hillary will probably dominate (until she collapses on stage) and that will be the news cycle from then until election day!

Also Obama getting people hyped up to go vote.

To be fair, most of the reason it wasn't an issue by Election Day is because he mercifully refrained from puking or fainting on anyone for the next eleven months. I honestly can't guess how it would have played around this time of year.

Likewise, if Clinton had fainted in January it probably (probably) would have been relegated to the usual sewers and National Enquirers by now.
No way! Bush got ridiculed on SNL and TV but it's not like anyone brought up the legitimacy issue. The timing for this election doesn't matter at all. The fact that she fainted at all was inevitably going to be speculated on, period.

teiresias

I've been on a plane for an hour. Has Hillary hacked and phlegmed her way through her speech announcing she's dropping out of the race? Did she collapse as she left the stage?

Hopfrog

What was Adams' skeleton?

Also, congrats Adam. Await your mother's reaction.

I should clarify. When I say skeletons I mean both things which dealt with personal matters (such as Franklin, Hamilton, and Jefferson's sex lives) as well as political stances and beliefs which would get you into trouble when scrutinized as completely as such things are today. Adams was pretty solid on the personal front but he held some political views, particularly on monarchy, that could be construed as fairly unsettling. But this was true of Hamilton and Jefferson as well; the 1790s were a pretty interesting time politically, taken as a whole.

In the end Adams, despite being often overlooked, comes out looking a lot cleaner on most things than his contemporaries.

mo60

No one planning to vote for Hilary in this election will care about Hilary fainting.This will end up like Trudeau's nice hair which the right wing focused on a lot at times in the recent federal election in Canada.The right wing will look desperate if they focus on Hilary's health fake health issues instead of the real issues of this campaign.

I think coverage is relatively reasonable, honestly. Oh well. Wish it didn't happen.

The fact that it coincidentally plays into a right-wing conspiracy theory is making them extra cautious how they report it, I think.

In that sense all the rumor-mongering bit the alt-right in the ass a little.

Joeytj

Banned
You [PoliGaf] have to admit, at least the basket of deplorables is now gone...

And for all the fear that this will play into a perceived weakness about Hillary, there isn't a lot of evidence that undecided voters actually gave a shit about the health rumors or her health overall.

Her poll numbers have gone down because of questions about her emails and the Clinton Foundation, and not because of attacks from Trump about her health, etc.

The emails and Clinton Foundation issues are damaging because it's about her character and it has been difficult for her to respond to those attacks.

But issues about her health are:

a) easily disproven once she's out and about, and by releasing her medical records,
b) not a reason many people will vote for her. Nobody is going "damn, she's dying, so I guess I'll vote for Trump".

And it's also something that will be very hard for Trump to attack without looking like an asshole. If Trump attacks her with this, she will probably just say it happens to everybody at that age and that he hasn't released his medical records anyway, bla bla.

The only way this will affect her is if it turns out she has been hiding a secret illness, playing into the narrative that she's secretive and hiding something. That is why the campaign should release, at the very least, a medical statement from her physician who treated her today or something. Results from a study or two couldn't hurt.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The fact that it coincidentally plays into a right-wing conspiracy theory is making them extra cautious how they report it, I think.

In that sense all the rumor-mongering bit the alt-right in the ass a little.

I mean, she reappeared like an hour later so you can't say uhhh I guess she had a stroke.

It's weird seeing Poligaf being quite calm, the media being quite calm/rational and yet the OT certain people are losing their shit (though how many are doing concern trolling is hard to say).

But issues about her health are:

a) easily disproven once she's out and about, and by releasing her medical records,
b) not a reason many people will vote for her. Nobody is going "damn, she's dying, so I guess I'll vote for Trump".

And it's also something that will be very hard for Trump to attack without looking like an asshole.

The only way this will affect her is if it turns out she has been hiding a secret illness, which is why the campaign should release, at the very least, a medical statement from her physician who treated her today or something. Results from a study or two couldn't hurt.
Clinton's physician has already released a statement about her health.

But anyway, no. Full medical records are private. If she's on some medication, people will scrutinize the hell out of it. President Clinton takes Ability, is she mentally qualified to be president? Guarantee you that's a bad idea.

No one planning to vote for Hilary in this election will care about Hilary fainting.This will end up like Trudeau's nice hair which the right wing focused on a lot at times in the recent federal election in Canada.The right wing will look desperate if they focus on Hilary's health fake health issues instead of the real issues of this campaign.

Replace "fake health issues" with your choice of 99% of GOP talking points and its basically nothing different than the last 30 years of US politics.

Wilsongt

I think coverage is relatively reasonable, honestly. Oh well. Wish it didn't happen.

It plays into the Trump is a virile strong man and Hillary is a weak woman narrative the right loves.

I look forward to see how Andrea Mitchell links this to the emails.

Dierce

It's weird seeing Poligaf being quite calm, the media being quite calm/rational and yet the OT certain people are losing their shit (though how many are doing concern trolling is hard to say).

There are plenty of secret orange turd supporters salivating at the thought of something that could help their great turd leader win. Personally I don't really make much of this. All the Clinton campaign has to do is release a medical report and then hold a press conference.

Zukkoyaki

I don't actually wish this on anyone but man it would be the mother of all irony if after all of this Trump has a heart attack or something in like two weeks.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Listen, we can't have her fainting when the decision to launch nuclear weapons is made. We can't. I'm in fantastic health. The best health for nuking.

Zukkoyaki

Betting markets are panicking a bit.

I noticed that too but betting markets are known chicken littles. They overreact to literally everything. The first debate in 2012 dropped Obama like 10-15% in some of the betting markets. I've noticed it's better to look at who they think is going to win rather than the actual numbers.

Boke1879

Guys GUYS!

There is literally shit circulating on twitter from Trump supporters that the woman who walked out of Chelsea's apartment was a body double.

FUCK. I think they've blown this whole charade wide open.

Joeytj

Banned
Wait, apparently Hillary does indeed have a condition that can lead to heat-exhaustion hot flashes:

She doesn't sweat. She suffers from Hypohidrosis.

Hypohidrosis is diminished sweating in response to appropriate stimuli. While hyperhidrosis is a socially troubling but benign condition, hypohidrosis can lead to hyperthermia, heat exhaustion, heat stroke and potentially death.[1] An extreme case of hypohydrosis in which there is a complete absence of sweating and the skin is dry is termed anhidrosis.

Here's a Buzzfeed interview where she jokes about having the condition, saying she's actually a robot built in Palo Alto, lol.

So yeah, we can officially stop worrying. The campaign will probably just say it's this, previously known condition Hillary has and will probably joke about it.

Here's another article about it, from Yahoo News.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's not that betting markets overreact, it's that they are tiny markets. A small number of players means any individual making a large order-- or more realistically a group of 20 individuals putting through orders-- can be market makers. They are not efficient markets.

Dierce

Guys GUYS!

There is literally shit circulating on twitter from Trump supporters that the woman who walked out of Chelsea's apartment was a body double.

FUCK. I think they've blown this whole charade wide open.

This is what we need to show up in mainstream media. Let them make believe and keep making more conspiracy theories. This will ultimately help Clinton by legitimizing her comments about these deranged crazy individuals.

Zukkoyaki

Wait, apparently Hillary does indeed have a condition that can lead to heat-exhaustion hot flashes:

Here's a Buzzfeed interview where she jokes about having the condition, saying she's actually a robot built in Palo Alto, lol.

So yeah, we can officially stop worrying. The campaign will probably just say it's this, previously known condition Hillary has and will probably joke about it.

The bit of her joking about being a robot is going to become a top story for Alex Jones.

YOU JUST SAID THAT SHE SHOULD RELEASE HER MEDICAL RECORDS. WHICH IS A SERIOUS THING.

AND 10 MINUTES LATER YOU WALK IT BACK.

Wilsongt

Here's another article about it, from Yahoo News.

Potential death?

Rip Hillary.

Trump/Pence 2016/2020

Zukkoyaki

I said this in the OT thread but Clinton really should pretend to fall at her next press conference and pop back up like, "Just kidding!" with the most trollish grin she can muster.

pigeon

Banned
Okay I'm slightly more relaxed now.

I'm tired of living in a country that is four percentage points away from electing Idiot Hitler.

The GOP needs to be razed to the ground,

Boke1879

I said the same thing. The best thing for them to do is not say anything or just say they are glad she's better. That's the best way to play this.

Going ALL in right now would only serve to placate the base but show the rest of the electorate you lack sympathy. Outside of his crazy ass base. I don't think anyone is rooting for either one to die be seriously ill.

Trouble

Banned

It does have the potential to backfire on him with the groups that he needs to appeal to. He can't help himself, though. He'll probably use what little self control he has to make it past midnight so it's not 9/11 any more when he unleashes his twitter diarrhea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom