• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibylus

Banned
Only in an election year would fainting in the heat (happens a lot, ya'll) be reason to be flailing around pissing on everything.

I fainted at the delicate little age of 23! Dehydration! That's literally all it was!

I just don't see anyone being swayed by this who wasn't already swayed by DIGITAL MAIL and FOUNDATION. And similarly, I feel like anyone who would be swayed by this would have already been swayed.

Feels like the negatives are so baked in for both candidates at this point that I don't expect a severe change in the aggregate in either direction barring an absolute meltdown at the debates.
I think this has more substance than the foundation BS.

Also I can't emphasize how damaging that video could be enough.

pigeon

Banned
Pigeon: this could be a big deal
PoliGAF: you're Diablosing this isn't a big deal
WaPo: this is a big deal
PoliGAF: STUPID CORRUPT MEDIA

Wilsongt

Thankfully I've only seen one post on Facebook so far saying she is unfit to be president because she couldn't stay outside in the heat.

People seem to forget we had a morbidly obese president as well as a wheel chair bound president who did just fine.

pigeon

Banned
Admittedly it's annoying that the primary sore point in the media coverage is that nobody told the media what was happening and they felt dumb.

Thankfully I've only seen one post on Facebook so far saying she is unfit to be president because she couldn't stay outside in the heat.

People seem to forget we had a morbidly obese president as well as a wheel chair bound president who did just fine.
You do have to remember that with FDR he tried as hard as possible to not be seen in public with his disability.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I agree that it's a big deal. She'll have to address it. But it's not a scandal and should easily be addressed. If the campaign chooses to ignore it, I think that would be a mistake.

I agree that it's a big deal. She'll have to address it. But it's not a scandal and should easily be addressed. If the campaign chooses to ignore it, I think that would be a mistake.

That's the biggest thing I fear, and this is something I could see her campaign try to ignore for whatever dumb reason.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Confidence in her as a leader? I can 100% say it didn't shake that.

And if there ever was a problem she's chosen an excellent VP who everyone loves and could take over immediately

No, confidence in her candidacy to withstand The Stupid.

yea, that's what happens when one faints

yes that is because when you faint you do not have control of your muscles

Yea she fainted and the video doesn't look good. Wish it didn't happen, But that's what happens when a person faints.

She came out 2 hours later looking fine, and she has a healthy issue they may have aided in this. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Time to Diablos # 100

I'm having a blast.

hqg-2559.gif

Yessssss, this is the DIABLOS I seek.

Y'all wanna act like this is a bad poll or a flubbed answer? Our candidate is on camera being dragged into a car looking like a damn corpse. I know you dorks aren't worried about her health -- I'm not either. But you all vastly overestimate the capacity of people that don't breathe this shit every day to overcome The Stupid. You get your candidate passing out on camera after your opponent questions her health and y'all wanna pretend like it's nothing? Really?

shem935

Banned
That's the biggest thing I fear, and this is something I could see her campaign try to ignore for whatever dumb reason.

Unlikely imo. She has a press gaggle with her now so this will come up regardless and her quick reappearance suggests she knew of the possible coverage this would receive and wanted to head that off. It's an easily countered talking point that will get a day of coverage at most as long as she doesn't start keeling over on a regular basis. "Yeah I was dehydrated, wearing a thick vest, out in the sun, on a stressful day. I fainted and didn't look very graceful but I promise to drink more water going forward. *Insert fake politician jokey laugh*"

Edit: I do agree this would be more of a problem if she doesn't address it, but I am pretty confident she will which is why I am not worried.

Y'all wanna act like this is a bad poll or a flubbed answer? Our candidate is on camera being dragged into a car looking like a damn corpse. I know you dorks aren't worried about her health -- I'm not either. But you all vastly overestimate the capacity of people that don't breathe this shit every day to overcome The Stupid. You get your candidate passing out on camera after your opponent questions her health and y'all wanna pretend like it's nothing? Really?

And what the fuck is anyone supposed to do? Maybe people can be in denial over it but it makes no difference either way.

I have resigned myself to whatever will happen at this point.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Here we go again: her health has been questioned by conspiracy theorists and insane people. This does not build on that. You are not building a history or pattern of events so much as you are tying a very real medical event with a bunch of sewage flowing from the internet's asshole. I find this to be a very egregious logical misstep.

She fainted or nearly fainted. She's dragged because she has no control over her muscles. That's a priori true!

I'm not pretending like it's nothing. I already said (like three posts up) it's serious and she'll have to address it.

But the pattern I've found during "optics" navel gazing is that every optics professor has a lower opinion of people than he has of himself; it's not a big issue to me but "the Stupid" will surely be convinced. Maybe people who are 95% concerned with how things look need concern themselves slightly more with something else.

Did I miss something, is she in critical condition at a hospital?

Slizeezyc

shrug.gif

You understand that the Fix is a WaPo blog/column, right? And that Chris Cilizza is the Washington Post's White House reporter according to his byline?
Yes. A WaPo column is never WaPo proper. You said that WaPo is saying that the health issue is now an issue. That is not true. The only place where the Washington Post ever expresses opinions with the full backing and reputation of the site is in its editorial board. A blog or column is just a space it provides for authors to express their own opinions, because it gets views and/or is popular. Or for whatever reason.

Likewise, when Paul Krugman releases an article saying the media is "goring" Hillary Clinton, I would never say "NYT: Hillary is getting gored by the media"!

And by "Chris Cillizza is not WaPo proper", I meant "Chris Cillizza publishing under The Fix blog is not WaPo proper."

royalan

OMG

Joy Reid went on a GLORIOUS rant against the #BasketofDeplorables on her twitter feed about two hours ago. I'd post them here, but it's a lot.

Really, MSNBC isn't worthy of her. One of the best journalists covering this election.

Diablos

Given that this thread is kind of a microcosm of democrats I think the party and voters may be in a bit of disarray right now. I don't know. We're really heading into uncharted territory. This whole presidential campaign has been defying the norm but this is especially fucked up.

I have no idea how bad this will be but it just occurred to me that we really don't need an ad of her fainting. That video in and of itself without anything else is just. So. Bad.

This isn't a disappointing poll or a slip of the tongue. It's Clinton stumbling into her vehicle like a zombie on the walking dead.

Timing could not be worse. I'm legit scared for this country right now. Trump cannot win. But he seriously might depending on how this all plays out. Everyone is in here disagreeing with everyone else about how much this matters. I know she isn't in critical condition but it's a perception thing. People who are low info voters will think she's in serious trouble with her health.

Teggy

Got up at 6am and spent the day doing my first century ride. Get back in the car and NPR has this Hillary overheating story. AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
John Heileman said that Hillary's "deplorables" comment is proof that Trump was right that Hillary's a bigot. :/

Given that this thread is kind of a microcosm of democrats I think the party and voters may be in a bit of disarray right now. I don't know. We're really heading into uncharted territory. This whole presidential campaign has been defying the norm but this is especially fucked up.

I have no idea how bad this will be but it just occurred to me that we really don't need an ad of her fainting. That video in and of itself without anything else is just. So. Bad.

This isn't a disappointing poll or a slip of the tongue. It's Clinton stumbling into her vehicle like a zombie on the walking dead.

Timing could not be worse. I'm legit scared for this country right now. Trump cannot win. But he seriously might depending on how this all plays out.

Trump has a big problem with women and you think he's going to release an ad mocking a 68-year old women fainting?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Timing could not be worse. I'm legit scared for this country right now. Trump cannot win. But he seriously might depending on how this all plays out. Everyone is in here disagreeing with everyone else about how much this matters. I know she isn't in critical condition but it's a perception thing. People who are low info voters will think she's in serious trouble with her health.

Breathe. 2 months left as well as the debates. Clinton's got a ton of money to blanket the airwaves. I'm worried, too. August was awful and this isn't good, either, but not time to panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom