• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

So, question. There’s a lot of different people here. The Hillbots, the Berners, the Obummers, etc. Is anyone actually thinking of not voting for Hillary because of this?

Because if the answer is no...what exactly are we talking about?
Depress turnout on the Dem/Ind side. No one is gonna switch to Trump because she fainted.

Do they stay home. That's the question.

I also think when they talk about the elderly its with 75+. And Clinton is very active so she's likely to have a great immune system. Look at her at Chelsea's!

This also helps because its not her fault. She got a bacteria, she's not chronically ill. This won't affect anyone's vote because the fear is what? Something out of her control infects her? Putin releases a biological agent?

Boke1879

If she's up for it. Do a gaggle. Maybe a short press conference and move on.

Other than that. She needs rest and she can come back stronger and use that to her advantage.

If Trump and his surrogates want to attack her for what amounts to getting sick. So be it.

Well, she was there when we got engaged, so she was pretty over the moon. She loves my fiance more than me...so, that's nice. (First time I've used that word. Kinda feels weird, but good weird, not bad weird). She was nice enough to take the boys for the day so we could go do our own thing for a while. That kept her away from the news, which was a net positive.

She's a little pissed we don't want to have an engagement party. We bought the boys a go-kart instead. lol

Missed this with all the Hillary turning into a zombie news, congrats Adam. Even if the Browns will only cause you pain and suffering, at least you've found another source of happiness and love!

Slayven

I also think when they talk about the elderly its with 75+. And Clinton is very active so she's likely to have a great immune system. Look at her at Chelsea's!

This also helps because its not her fault. She got a bacteria, she's not chronically ill. This won't affect anyone's vote because the fear is what? Something out of her control infects her? Putin releases a biological agent?

I hate to sound inhuman, but pneumonia is something everyone can relate too. And shouldn't be that damaging

pigeon

Banned
IF you already have a bunch shit going on like AIDS or just don't get it treated.

But so is the common cold

I mean, my wife has had pneumonia three times. I'm not saying it's immediately death (she had it three times) but it's pretty fucking terrifying while you have it. If it's viral there isn't really any treatment, just fluids and come in fast if you have a fever.

I'm pretty impressed that Hillary was up to doing anything at all while she had pneumonia.

The common cold is dangerous literally because it becomes pneumonia!

To be clear, she should probably just get better and everything will be fine again. I didn't mean to say like people should worry about her campaign because she had pneumonia. I just meant I hope she's okay.

I mean, my wife has had pneumonia three times. I'm not saying it's immediately death (she had it three times) but it's pretty fucking terrifying while you have it. If it's viral there isn't really any treatment, just fluids and come in fast if you have a fever.

I'm pretty impressed that Hillary was up to doing anything at all while she had pneumonia.

The common cold is dangerous literally because it becomes pneumonia!

To be clear, she should probably just get better and everything will be fine again. I didn't mean to say like people should worry about her campaign because she had pneumonia. I just meant I hope she's okay.

She was given antibiotics. Its not viral

Boke1879

I mean that video still isn't the best look, but at least with this statement you're ahead of it before tomorrow. Her campaign and her are probably coming up with the best way to answer questions on this.

don't know how she'll respond, but say something like " I thought I was handling it just fine. Maybe I didn't drink as much water as I should have and it just got a little too hot"

Then say some shit like despite all that I felt the need to be out there even though i wasn't 100% to keep fighting for the American people.

It's kind of a conundrum. While she needs to rest, it would undoubtedly help if she did make some appearance tomorrow, even a short one, just to quell some of the concerns she's in a hospital bed hooked up to an IV.

I agree with this, make a few short appearance (30 minutes) throughout the week so the press won't go OMG Hillary is in a bunker with IV's and a tube up her ass mode.

Her voice has sounded different the last few days. Pneumonia makes sense and it has the ring of truth to it. It's actually not what I would go with if I was lying. Pneumonia is serious and sometimes fatal. She will get treatment and be fine and we can all find something else to worry about.

pigeon

Banned
Ya welll, that's what big-pharma WANTS you to think. Checkmate.

I know you're mocking me, but when my wife got sick they offered her antibiotics even though they told her they would be useless, because people always want to have some fucking pill to take.

Boke1879

Assuming Clinton wins.

God probably told her. "I'm going to through a bunch of bullshit your way. Some warranted some not. To prove your resilience and your ability to bounce back even stronger."

Her voice has sounded different the last few days. Pneumonia makes sense and it has the ring of truth to it. It's actually not what I would go with if I was lying. Pneumonia is serious and sometimes fatal. She will get treatment and be fine and we can all find something else to worry about.

You don't lie with a specific medical condition. You lie with vague quotes

Emarv

I'll be real here and kind of conspiratorial for a second. Sanjay Gupta on CNN raised a decent point that pneumonia is often diagnosed with things like blood tests and chest x-rays, typically in a clinic-type environment. We've had no word of that. I'm curious if she either went to one secretly or now that it's out in the open she'll go to a medical facility for further testing.

shem935

Banned
I'll be real here and kind of conspiratorial for a second. Sanjay Gupta on CNN raised a decent point that pneumonia is often diagnosed with things like blood tests and chest x-rays, typically in a clinic-type environment. We've had no word of that. I'm curious if she either went to one secretly or now that it's out in the open she'll go to a medical facility for further testing.

Would a doctor's visit have made the news? Especially since she just started taking press with her last week?

Edit: Anyway, fluids, bed, short events for the next couple weeks then.

I know you're mocking me, but when my wife got sick they offered her antibiotics even though they told her they would be useless, because people always want to have some fucking pill to take.
Oh, I wasn't mocking you :)

I was going to make it into a Jill Stein joke, but I'm intellectually lazy. Unfortunately, I know all about the over prescribing of antibiotics. It's one of the reasons my eye infection got as bad as it did a few years ago.

I mean that video still isn't the best look, but at least with this statement you're ahead of it before tomorrow. Her campaign and her are probably coming up with the best way to answer questions on this.

don't know how she'll respond, but say something like " I thought I was handling it just fine. Maybe I didn't drink as much water as I should have and it just got a little too hot"

Then say some shit like despite all that I felt the need to be out there even though i wasn't 100% to keep fighting for the American people.
"My doctor advised me to rest over the weekend. However I felt that the need to be there at the 9/11 anniversary was too important and personally too close to home for me to pass up. I'm glad I was able to commemorate the 15 year anniversary of 9/11. Next time, I should remember to remain hydrated."

Emarv

Would a doctor's visit have made the news? Especially since she just started taking press with her last week?

They said she was diagnosed on Friday. I'm not intimately familiar with how often the press pool is with her, but I'm pretty sure they were this weekend.

I'm sure Clinton has medical equipment to not have to go to some medical facility unless it's completely necessary.

I'd assume so, too. Or at least some procedure for statespeople to seek treatment without always having to go in. Again, not trying to be a truther, just find the hidden medical practices of global elites kind of fascinating.

I'm sure Clinton has medical equipment to not have to go to some medical facility unless it's completely necessary.

of course

TGzxyAs.jpg

16th dimentional chess IMO

Read my edit

Maengun1

I hate this shit.

Twitter, Reddit, CNN (they've looped the clip of her wobbling about 1000 times in the 15 minutes I've been watching), 50+ page thread here. It's like throwing a steak into a piranha pit.

Teggy

So she had Pneumonia and still thought it was important to go to the 9/11 ceremony. Not exactly a bad story.

She's getting a lot of shit twitter from reporters for not taking them with her or something, though.

I hate this shit.

Twitter, Reddit, CNN (they've looped the clip of her wobbling about 1000 times in the 15 minutes I've been watching), 50+ page thread here. It's like throwing a steak into a piranha pit.

It should calm down now that there's a diagnosis.

Most of the hubub was speculating on what was wrong with her.

Boke1879

So she had Pneumonia and still thought it was important to go to the 9/11 ceremony. Not exactly a bad story.

She's getting a lot of shit twitter from reporters for not taking them with her or something, though.

Excuse her for not thinking of the press as she was fainting.

Wilsongt

I hate this shit.

It's what happens when the media and a half of American spends a quarter of a centry making her out to be a harpy, shrew, murderer, liar, etc.

Is this shocking? They bitch if they have anything withheld but you know anything but everything about trump. Its just a given he's never going to reveal anything

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Sad that if she was a man, she could have just said a week ago that she was sick, and was taking a week off, and no one would have thought anything about it.

Was a bad play by her team to try and go to the ceremony. They should have just said this on Friday. Would have given the right wing nuts far less fuel for their conspiracies.

Boke1879

If she's up for it. She could probably do something Tuesday. If not have your surrogates campaign. She should focus on rest and staying hydrated.

Like I said you can spin this to mitigate some of the damage.

My mom had pneumonia a few years ago. She passed out too. She hadn't kept hydrated, and she just, literally, took a face plant into the bath tub. So, ya, that shit can be serious and annoying. Glad she's getting it taken care of. Hopefully, she can rest for a few days to get better. The thing is, no one's going to be able to make an issue of this. What exists, exists. If Trump or the GOP tries, they'll look like dicks.

Sad that if she was a man, she could have just said a week ago that she was sick, and was taking a week off, and no one would have thought anything about it.

Was a bad play by her team to try and go to the ceremony. They should have just said this on Friday. Would have given the right wing nuts far less fuel for their conspiracies.

Going to the ceremony was the right thing. Sorry you don't miss that and give it to trump it literally would have played right into his attacks on her health.

Emarv

lol yassssss

Mark Agee
‏@MarkAgee
I mean if Hillary really is using her last months and dying breaths to save America from fascism she should get her face on Rushmore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom