• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five people are holding down Trump from his Android.

I'm not religious at all, but this was something that's been brought up a bit about both candidates.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...8d05321db62_story.html?utm_term=.6d95816393fc
There is one candidate who is authentically religious, who has thought seriously about what the Scriptures teach, and whose own view of the world was changed radically by her engagement with faith. Her name is Hillary Clinton.

“The Scripture tells us that faith without works is dead,” she said. “The Epistle of James tells us we cannot just be hearers of the Word, we must be doers.” Clinton explained that she embraced “an activist social justice faith , a roll-up-your-sleeves and get-your-hands-dirty faith.”

What I do doubt is the depth of the conviction of politicians whose religious commitments seem to have little connection to their lives. They paint themselves as religious by either pushing the social conservatives’ hot buttons or, as Trump did Friday at the Values Voter Summit, appealing to their sense of victimhood.

Clinton also spoke of “the awesome responsibilities of power and the frailties of human action.” I do prefer politicians who follow Kierkegaard’s lead in approaching the burdens of governing with a certain amount of “fear and trembling.” I see at least some of that spirit in Clinton. I wish I could find it in Trump.

PBY

Banned
So can we all agree now that it was a real pivot, as it applies to pivoting torwards a semblance of a functional campaign?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Nate is a bad writer.
Tldr: if she drops, most of her support would not go to Trump.

A full medical report is probably a ton of pages with a lot of information. Not only is it not simple to parse, it's also tricky because it discloses a lot of "shameful" information. Especially for a woman, there's a lot of shit in there that can be misinterpreted.

What if Clinton had figs in her rectum at some point?

Diablos

Clearly my joke didn't land. I wasn't meaning to say that at all. So, I apologize if I gave that impression. :) Sorry diablos.
No problem.

So can we all agree now that it was a real pivot, as it applies to pivoting torwards a semblance of a functional campaign?
Probably. But I don't know how that excuses a full year of his divisive rhetoric and hateful campaign. It just blows my mind that he's getting away with it if tightening polls are an indication. He's been given so many second chances it kind of makes me sick.

I just hope Hillary can make a full recovery soon. If it's actually worse than walking pneumonia then she's going to have a hard time. Otherwise, fingers crossed, she should pull through soon enough.

Pixieking

Banned
How is that a pivot? Not being an asshole is not a pivot, even for Trump. He's still playing the subject, just well for once. Kellyann is pretty competent.

Yup, it seems it's not only the media who are grading Trump on a curve. Not being a dick does not mean he's pivoting... And Kellyann must've pointed out how it would look to mock someone with (as it's now revealed) pneumonia.

Diablos

How is that a pivot? Not being an asshole is not a pivot, even for Trump. He's still playing the subject, just well for once. Kellyann is pretty competent.
He's trying to demonstrate that he can run a competent campaign. After getting 100 chances he finally starts to get it right in some regards. Just pisses me off. No one deserves that many second chances.

Y2Kev

Yup, it seems it's not only the media who are grading Trump on a curve. Not being a dick does not mean he's pivoting... And Kellyann must've pointed out how it would look to mock someone with (as it's now revealed) pneumonia.
Not really the media. Just internet liberals.

Start to panic
or not

Political Polls ‏@PpollingNumbers 8m8 minutes ago
#NEW Florida JMC Analytics Poll:

Trump 46 (+4)
Hillary 42
Johnson 3
Stein 1

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/2016/JMC_FL_Sept_2016.pdf

PIVOTING

John Harwood ‏@JohnJHarwood 27s27 seconds ago
Trump says Obama administration has proven that Justice Department, FBI and Federal Reserve are all "not independent" of the White House

John Harwood ‏@JohnJHarwood 49s49 seconds ago
Trump on @CNBC, referring to Elizabeth Warren, says "I wouldn't listen to Pocahontas" on interest rates

John Harwood ‏@JohnJHarwood 2m2 minutes ago
forget Yellen/Fed: Trump on @CNBC says Obama is keeping interest rates down, leaving it to "the new guy" in WH to raise them next January

Pixieking

Banned
Not really the media. Just internet liberals.

Heh... God, so insufferable. :p

Meanwhile...

Jenna Johnson Verified account
‏@wpjenna

On CNBC, Donald Trump brags that his schedule is the most grueling: "There's not a contest"

Phil Mattingly Verified account
‏@Phil_Mattingly

Trump's Fox interview has now turned into an advertisement for his Old Post Office hotel...

Oh, yeah, pivot... such a pivot.

Yeah, pivot confirmed.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-clinton-health-issue

“I hope she gets well soon. I don't know what's going on. I'm like you. I see what I see,” the GOP nominee said. “The coughing fit was a week ago, so I assume that was pneumonia also. I would have think it would have been. So something is going on but I just hope she gets well and gets back on the trail, and we'll be seeing her at the debate.”

Still weaning off the something-going-ons

Pixieking

Banned
Jenna Johnson Verified account
‏@wpjenna

Towards the end of a more than 30-min-long interview on CNBC, Donald Trump says he's prepared for a "rigged" and "very unfair" debate.

He just can't help himself.

Diablos

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-clinton-health-issue

“I hope she gets well soon. I don't know what's going on. I'm like you. I see what I see,” the GOP nominee said. “The coughing fit was a week ago, so I assume that was pneumonia also. I would have think it would have been. So something is going on but I just hope she gets well and gets back on the trail, and we'll be seeing her at the debate.”

Still weaning off the something-going-ons
For Trump this is tame though. He's trying to look like the compassionate one while Hillary made fun of his supporters blah blah

John Harwood ‏@JohnJHarwood 4m4 minutes ago
Trump says "I'm going to be treated very very unfairly" by debate moderators this fall. Says he wants "no moderator"

So much pivoting.

This poll has 44% of Hispanics voting for Hillary and 42% voting for Trump. Even with the Cuban population, that seems high.
It's a garbage poll.

Pneumoniagate can play out multiple ways.

Hillary Clinton had pneumonia and managed to push through to honor the lost on 9/11. What a trooper! I don't think I could do that.

Hillary Clinton had pneumonia and kept on working and potentially infecting the public. Irresponsible! Why would someone do that?

And of course, Hillary lied. Hillary died.

Zukkoyaki

This poll has 44% of Hispanics voting for Hillary and 42% voting for Trump. Even with the Cuban population, that seems high.

Eh, this pollster had Trump +5 in July BEFORE the FBI stuff and his favorability among Latinos has gotten worse since. Skepticism deserved in my opinion.

Hillary Clinton had pneumonia and managed to push through to honor the lost on 9/11. What a trooper! I don't think I could do that.

Hillary Clinton had pneumonia and kept on working and potentially infecting the public. Irresponsible! Why would someone do that?

It's been said before but yes imagine, say, McCain battling a bout with pneumonia to attend a 9/11 ceremony.

There are so many beautiful things in that Florida poll....like 40% of Hispanic voters supporting Trump's immigration plan, while only 39% don't approve. But I'm being a responsible adult at the moment and working, so I won't point out every stupid thing in it because I'm pretty sure that 90% of those numbers are just made up.

Diablos

Trump getting 42% of Hispanics? Lol what

Trump running ads about the Deplorables comment in PA, OH, NC and FL. It's pretty powerful to be honest

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

You forgot option 3

Hillary Clinton hates america and wanted out there. So, she acted as if she was sick. This whole pneumonia crap is just a cover.

Zukkoyaki

Clinton is a damn trooper. Her camp needs to push this as her fighting through a brutal illness because of her dedication to her campaign.

I don't really see why Trump thinks that the "Deplorables" ad is a good idea? Like, wouldn't the right idea be to move away from it so you don't have attached to you "the candidate of the deplorables"?

Wilsongt

I look forward to Trump releasing the most manly, testoterone driven, amazing physical results on the most respected Cardiologists' in the world TV show.

Y2Kev

I don't really see why Trump thinks that the "Deplorables" ad is a good idea? Like, wouldn't the right idea be to move away from it so you don't have attached to you "the candidate of the deplorables"?
I think it makes her look a bit like an ass but you have to remember why trump is losing: college educated whites are like um no. Hard to convince them to change their minds with that.

Diablos

I think it makes her look a bit like an ass but you have to remember why trump is losing: college educated whites are like um no. Hard to convince them to change their minds with that.
Well this ad could certainly make some working class folks on the fence think twice about supporting her though. The editing in the ad is really effective. It plays the worst part of her comment and then highlights everyday working class Americans.

Well this ad could certainly make some working class folks on the fence think twice about supporting her though. The editing in the ad is really effective. It plays the worst part of her comment and then highlights everyday working class Americans.

Those are the people she wasn't calling out. She made that quite clear

Diablos

Those are the people she wasn't calling out. She made that quite clear
The ad didn't care to make that distinction. I was expecting his campaign to run with this. It's an easy quote to be taken out of context and then cut into an ad built around a narrative aimed at low info and undecided voters who are just begging for reasons to make up their minds.

Iolo

The ad didn't care to make that distinction. I was expecting his campaign to run with this. It's an easy quote to be taken out of context and then cut into an ad built around a narrative aimed at low info and undecided voters who are just begging for reasons to make up their minds.

you didn't build that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom