• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ad didn't care to make that distinction. I was expecting his campaign to run with this. It's an easy quote to be taken out of context and then cut into an ad built around a narrative aimed at low info and undecided voters who are just begging for reasons to make up their minds.

The people who will be swayed by the ad were already voting for Trump.

you didn't build that

Exactly. Taking stuff totally out of context doesn't really work.

The ad didn't care to make that distinction. I was expecting his campaign to run with this. It's an easy quote to be taken out of context and then cut into an ad built around a narrative aimed at low info and undecided voters who are just begging for reasons to make up their minds.

giphy.gif

I really don't get it. Do politicians specifically announce their illnesses all the time? Or is it another standard specifically for her?

Not announcing it, and then kind of being forced to announce it later isn't the best look. I don't think it's significant in any way, but with hindsight, it would have been better had she announced it. She'd have looked like a trooper yesterday, for example.

Also, if the main reason she wasn't announcing it was because of anything Trump was doing or saying, I can see why an Axelrod would think it was a bad idea.

Clinton getting caught hiding something... yeah. Not so good.

But not a big deal.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
My one takeaway from clicking on the HillarysBodyDouble trend on Twitter is that a lot of people added "Deplorable" to their username this weekend.

Trump railing on the deplorables comment is relying on his base and others not understanding math. Even with the most absurd over inflation of Trump supporters, say 50% of the entire country is in the Trump camp (clearly not), you start with a maximum of 25% of the country being in the deplorable basket. This is obviously not even close to reality, so when you split the actual population of self proclaimed Trump supporters in half, the deplorable basket would only account for a small percentage of voters. You know, but nothing as crazy like insulting entire religions, races, and genders like some other candidate has done his entire life.

The deplorables comment is a perfect example of how democrats boxed themselves out of shit talking ages ago and GOP capitalized on it and will never relent. Because dems are "the PC party" as soon as they say something offensive, their base revolts and the GOP pounces on it saying, "oh look at that, the party that apparently cares about everyone is talking shit about someone!" They lose on both fronts. GOP talks shit, dems can only say, "hey look, they are being shitty...again" and no one in the GOP base gives a shit, and if anything see it as a form of strength and "straight talk." Even before this election, the GOP and dems compete in the same sport, but are not on the same playing field.

The call to revive Bernie's career is getting louder.

I'm pretty convinced nearly every one of these people calling for Bernie to step in because Hillary got sick are Trump supporters pretending to be Busters.

What's Hillary going to do if Bernie takes over? She's only going to be sick for, like, a week at most. So after this week just she just twiddle her thumbs or something?

Geg

I basically stopped paying attention to all the news yesterday after seeing the story about Hillary at the 9/11 memorial ceremony because I didn't want to deal with reading all the reactions to that, did I miss anything significant?

Me, too. Like many pop culture concepts, I have a vague idea of what it might be, but that's about as close as o get.
These children today. With their Facebooks and their Twitters and their far right propaganda pages.
Dank to me is the feeling of walking in the basement of an old house and getting a mixture of dampness and dust.

Apparently the kids think this is a good thing?
This is the exact reason I don't go in our basement. Ugh. I hate basements. They're gross. And I'm a poor, so I'm not going to convert my basement into something livable. I just pretend it doesn't exist. Also, random, this is the first day I'm working out of my bedroom instead of what was once my office and it feels weird. Like I started a new job or something.

Goodstyle

For the debate, Republicans will be hoping Trump can make it through without losing his god damn mind, and Democrats will be hoping Hillary can make it through without passing out.

This election year man.

Oh, I didn't mention. I saw some maniac as we were driving to the airport yesterday stood on an over pass with a poster saying 'AMEXIT: NEW WORLD ORDER' wearing a Trump hat.

Fucking moron.

Dank means good weed, and has been adapted to mean good memes.
Oh, see, as a law abiding citizen, I have never partaken in the wacky tobaccy or the substance known as Mary Jane from Spidermans.
I'm a good christian woman, and I've never touched the stuff.

Weird thing about medical pot in Ohio. It's technically legal, but there's no where you can get it. It's kind of a big cluster fuck at the moment. I mean, not that I'm shocked. It's the Ohio legislature after all!

It's about the UN.

We'd lose a lot of power and gain absolutely nothing by leaving the UN.

Oh, see, as a law abiding citizen, I have never partaken in the wacky tobaccy or the substance known as Mary Jane from Spidermans.

Weird thing about medical pot in Ohio. It's technically legal, but there's no where you can get it. It's kind of a big cluster fuck at the moment. I mean, not that I'm shocked. It's the Ohio legislature after all!

Kasich is hoarding the good stuff for himself.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
All that "deplorables" ad does is make Trump's own people and base look terrible. What a stupid ad to run.

What's with that stupid OH / IO call and response chance you lot do? Heard it for the first time watching the UFCs on Saturday night from your curse breaking Croatian OHIAN god Lord STIPE.

Teggy

That Trump ad is getting bad reviews on Twitter, even from conservatives because

1) makes people wonder why Hillary is saying Trump supporters are racist
2) only speaks to people already voting for him

Also shows him handing out playdoh heh

Adam, I'm going to need you to sit down for this. Robby Mook has been sick recently with a bug that has been going around the Clinton campaign. He may or may not get pneumonia. He may or may not already be dead.

That Trump ad is getting bad reviews on Twitter, even from conservatives because

1) makes people wonder why Hillary is saying Trump supporters are racist
2) only speaks to people already voting for him

Also shows him handing out playdoh heh

That's the brilliance of the deplorables quote. As long as they keep talking about it, or trying to wear it as a badge of honour or whatever, it keeps the fact that a lot of Trump's supporters are racist / sexist / homophobic / religious bigots in the public consciousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom