• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with that stupid OH / IO call and response chance you lot do? Heard it for the first time watching the UFCs on Saturday night from your curse breaking Croatian OHIAN god Lord STIPE.
It's an Ohio State thing that sort of caught on. Part of it is taken from "Across the Field" when we replaced the line "So let's win that old conference now" with "So let's win one for O_HI-O and....ya.

But it's brilliant, and if anyone ever says O-H you are required, by law to reply with I-O. Don't ask. Just do.

It's an Ohio State thing that sort of caught on. Part of it is taken from "Across the Field" when we replaced the line "So let's win that old conference now" with "So let's win one for O_HI-O and....ya.

But it's brilliant, and if anyone ever says O-H you are required, by law to reply with I-O. Don't ask. Just do.

I will keep this in mind whenever I meet Ohioans. I have a lot of fun making American's my age go 'GI JOE!' by just saying 'Knowing is half the battle.'

They can't help it. It's like being a stage hypnotist but less rapey.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That's the brilliance of the deplorables quote. As long as they keep talking about it, or trying to wear it as a badge of honour or whatever, it keeps the fact that a lot of Trump's supporters are racist / sexist / homophobic / religious bigots in the public consciousness.

Exactly. This wasn't anywhere near the gaffe that Romney's 47% comment was. Half of Trump's base are actually what she said.

That Trump ad is getting bad reviews on Twitter, even from conservatives because

1) makes people wonder why Hillary is saying Trump supporters are racist
2) only speaks to people already voting for him

Also shows him handing out playdoh heh

Adam, I'm going to need you to sit down for this. Robby Mook has been sick recently with a bug that has been going around the Clinton campaign. He may or may not get pneumonia. He may or may not already be dead.

and I still don't get that tweet from Trump Jr. of The Deplorables. Are they admitting they are a bunch of scum?

Slayven

Where's Hillary? Where's her team?

Well she sneaks around the world from Kiev to Carolina
She's a sticky-fingered filcher from Berlin down to Belize
She'll take you for a ride on a slow boat to China
Tell me where in the world is Hillary Clinton?

Steal their Seoul in South Korea, make Antarctica cry Uncle
From the Red Sea to Greenland they'll be singing the blues
Well they never Arkansas her steal the Mekong from the jungle
Tell me where in the world is Hillary Clintion?

She go from Nashville to Norway, Bonaire to Zimbabwe
Chicago to Czechoslovakia and back!

Well she'll ransack Pakistan and run a scam in Scandinavia
Then she'll stick 'em up Down Under and go pick-pocket Perth
She put the Miss in misdemeanor when she stole the beans from Lima
Oh tell me where in the world is... Oh tell me where can she be?

Ooh, Botswana to Thailand, Milan via Amsterdam,
Mali to Bali, Ohio, Oahu...!

Well she glides around the globe and she'll flimflam every nation
She's a double-dealing diva with a taste for thievery
Her itinerary's loaded up with moving violations

and I still don't get that tweet from Trump Jr. of The Deplorables. Are they admitting they are a bunch of scum?

It's amazing how many people are like 'I AM HAPPY TO BE IN A BASKET WITH DAVID DUKE!'

I'm just like, thank you for telling me.

The President *should* ignore what the racists etc want when making policies, so I have no problems with Clinton writing them off. Pandering to them is what got the republicans in trouble.

I mean if you're going 'Okay, this new bill looks great,everyone seems to like it, and I think it will really help move America forwards... but we forgot to ask the racists so let's just check if they like it before we sign it into law...'

Fuck their opinions on stuff like that.

Slayven

It's amazing how many people are like 'I AM HAPPY TO BE IN A BASKET WITH DAVID DUKE!'

I'm just like, thank you for telling me.

The President *should* ignore what the racists etc want when making policies, so I have no problems with Clinton writing them off. Pandering to them is what got the republicans in trouble.

I mean if you're going 'Okay, this new bill looks great,everyone seems to like it, and I think it will really help move America forwards... but we forgot to ask the racists so let's just check if they like it before we sign it into law...'

Fuck their opinions on stuff like that.

IT still fucks with me mentally their slogan is "Anti Racist is Anti White" do they not know what they are saying?

Sorry that I'm about to vent but I just needed to hear people's opinions on what I did:

So last night I started talking politics with a family friend, and it started out "meh" at first. But over time it was becoming apparent that the guy I was talking to had certain biases.

Now for reference, I am of the belief that you always should educate the ignorant and misinformed, but you need to shame and humiliate the bigoted.

Now at first I was categorizing this guy as simply the misinformed, but then I started noticing that every time I provided a source, he would claim the source was biased without even looking at it and start relying on implied conspiracy theories. Then when I tried to explain to him the importance of the paper trail in verifying sources, he claimed that paper trails are useless.

At that point I fucking snapped.

For another reference, one of my methods of shame and humiliation is to use political incorrectness against a bigoted person (I. E. Not mincing words when explaining why they are wrong).

Throughout the political conversation that continued I:

- Called his ideas about the media and higher education all being liberal a bunch of "dumbass conspiracy theories"

- Called him a pussy for not being able to handle someone taking the knee during an anthem

- Told him he "won't be getting a safe space" from things like Kaepernick (I already knew from earlier that he hated safe spaces).

- Told him that he needs to "stop listening and watching news like a child and start doing some actual research like a fucking adult"

- Mockingly and sarcastically (in the most blatant of ways) saying "Yeah totally racism is all over. Completely gone." Whenever he tried to claim that black people of today don't face real discrimination.

- Told him that it was actually him that was thinking with his feelings based on his irrational fears of transgender women in the ladies room, because he had zero evidence for any of what he was saying.

- constantly challenged him to provide sources "like a fucking adult", told him that his lack of sources wouldn't fly in a college setting, then proceeded to mock him and his belief that higher education is all liberal and also mock him for his lack of sources.

- Told him that he better get used things like Kaepernick and LGBTQ issues, because those things aren't trending in his bigoted favor.

- Told him that his kind is also "a bunch of pussies" for flipping out over a red Starbucks cup and thinking that there is a "war on Christmas"

- mockingly and sarcastically pouring out what was left of my bottle of beer in tribute to "those poor ol' persecuted conservatives"

- telling him he's "a fucking slippery slope idiot" for thinking that gay marriage would somehow lead to people marrying their pets.

- mockingly explaining to him that ironically it's Trump's Foundation that is turning out to be a slush fund.

- Called him "an old angry hypocrite who only has the money he has because of the jobs he got from the government paid by taxpayers" when he complained about people "being on the government tit".

- Laughed loudly at him when he desperately tried to mock the way I was arguing with him, then proceeded to let him know he's looking desperate if he has to mock the method of me telling him the facts instead of actually addressing the facts.

Overall, it felt amazing to make this guy slowly and uncomfortably realize that political incorrectness isn't just a one way road.

Zukkoyaki

Seems like the Republicans had an "Oh Shit" moment recently and realized their GOTV efforts are a joke. Conway said last week that they're opening 30 offices... in 21 states. Like that's impressive and she didn't mention Florida.

Seems like the Republicans had an "Oh Shit" moment recently and realized their GOTV efforts are a joke. Conway said last week that they're opening 30 offices... in 21 states. Like that's impressive and she didn't mention Florida.

You can't build an election infrastructure in a couple of months. It takes time to hire staff, train them, organize and plan.

Overall, it felt amazing to make this guy slowly and uncomfortably realize that political incorrectness isn't just a one way road.

Yeah. That's not been surprising, but it's still be fun to see play out.

"Oh, when you said you liked it when someone didn't worry about being politically correct and just telling it like it is, that was only when that person agreed with you, and you weren't the target of criticism? So what you really don't like is being criticized for calling black people monkeys, and not political correctness itself. Got it."

HylianTom

Banned
You can't build an election infrastructure in a couple of months. It takes time to hire staff, train them, organize and plan.
Yup. We're well past that point. I was giddy a few weeks ago when someone posted the latest Trump infrastructure update, knowing that it was too late. He's not even going to have an Romney-tier operation helping him.

And Pepe explained on cable news.. this is surreal.

Emarv

Exactly. Like , it's smart they're finally realizing, but at this point I wonder how much will just be burning money as they get everything set up. I mean, a huge part of GOTV is also early voting and they're running out of time to have an efficient operation in place.

"Oh, when you said you liked it when someone didn't worry about being politically correct and just telling it like it is, that was only when that person agreed with you, and you weren't the target of criticism? So what you really don't like is being criticized for calling black people monkeys, and not political correctness itself. Got it."

There was a point where the guy was trying to claim that I was simply showing to have a "low bar", and immeditately responded with "no it's not that my bar is lower, it's just that you're a child that only likes free speech when it agrees with your fucking bubble".

Gotchaye

While this probably is where some 8channers are coming from, possibly including whoever made the image, for most people on the right who are embracing this it's just like "bitter clingers". They're owning the insult not because they think there's something wrong with them but because being insulted by Clinton/Obama must mean they're doing something right. It's not "we're deplorable", it's "we're people who Clinton thinks are deplorable, which means we're really great Americans".

"Race realists" and other sorts of white supremacists also feel like they're making real progress with Donald Trump, and Clinton validates this when she argues that racists (a characterization they would disagree with but which they recognize as being meant to refer to them) make up half of Trump's base and that Trump is on their side. It's like that Gandhi quote: "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." They take heart from being seen as relevant enough to be worth fighting and they're proud that Clinton's taking time to denounce them specifically - it means they're going places.

royalan

Sorry that I'm about to vent but I just needed to hear people's opinions on what I did:

So last night I started talking politics with a family friend, and it started out "meh" at first. But over time it was becoming apparent that the guy I was talking to had certain biases.

Now for reference, I am of the belief that you always should educate the ignorant and misinformed, but you need to shame and humiliate the bigoted.

Now at first I was categorizing this guy as simply the misinformed, but then I started noticing that every time I provided a source, he would claim the source was biased without even looking at it and start relying on implied conspiracy theories. Then when I tried to explain to him the importance of the paper trail in verifying sources, he claimed that paper trails are useless.

For another reference, one of my methods of shame and humiliation is to use political incorrectness against a bigoted person (I. E. Not mincing words when explaining why they are wrong).

- Called his ideas about the media and higher education all being liberal a bunch of "dumbass conspiracy theories"

- Called him a pussy for not being able to handle someone taking the knee during an anthem

- Told him he "won't be getting a safe space" from things like Kaepernick (I already knew from earlier that he hated safe spaces).

- Told him that he needs to "stop listening and watching news like a child and start doing some actual research like a fucking adult"

- Mockingly and sarcastically (in the most blatant of ways) saying "Yeah totally racism is all over. Completely gone." Whenever he tried to claim that black people of today don't face real discrimination.

- Told him that it was actually him that was thinking with his feelings based on his irrational fears of transgender women in the ladies room, because he had zero evidence for any of what he was saying.

- constantly challenged him to provide sources "like a fucking adult", told him that his lack of sources wouldn't fly in a college setting, then proceeded to mock him and his belief that higher education is all liberal and also mock him for his lack of sources.

- Told him that he better get used things like Kaepernick and LGBTQ issues, because those things aren't trending in his bigoted favor.

- Told him that his kind is also "a bunch of pussies" for flipping out over a red Starbucks cup and thinking that there is a "war on Christmas"

- mockingly and sarcastically pouring out what was left of my bottle of beer in tribute to "those poor ol' persecuted conservatives"

- telling him he's "a fucking slippery slope idiot" for thinking that gay marriage would somehow lead to people marrying their pets.

- mockingly explaining to him that ironically it's Trump's Foundation that is turning out to be a slush fund.

- Called him "an old angry hypocrite who only has the money he has because of the jobs he got from the government paid by taxpayers" when he complained about people "being on the government tit".

- Laughed loudly at him when he desperately tried to mock the way I was arguing with him, then proceeded to let him know he's looking desperate if he has to mock the method of me telling him the facts instead of actually addressing the facts.

You did good.

Poeton

To make a long story short my girlfriend's father passed away in April and we have been getting the house ready to sell. He was a registered Republican, and we never told the GOP he passed away and to take him off their mailing list.

This is, maybe, over the span of a month. As near as I can tell they have been sending this crap in triplicates. The four envelopes to the left of the Trump envelopes are from GOP.

My girlfriend and I couldn't stop laughing at all this crap. Hopefully they have wasted several dollars for each mailer they sent to her Dad.

Teggy

To make a long story short my girlfriend's father passed away in April and we have been getting the house ready to sell. He was a registered Republican, and we never told the GOP he passed away and to take him off their mailing list.

This is, maybe, over the span of a month. As near as I can tell they have been sending this crap in triplicates. The four envelopes to the left of the Trump envelopes are from GOP.

My girlfriend and I couldn't stop laughing at all this crap. Hopefully they have wasted several dollars for each mailer they sent to her Dad.

Republicans trying to get the dead vote.

While this probably is where some 8channers are coming from, possibly including whoever made the image, for most people on the right who are embracing this it's just like "bitter clingers". They're owning the insult not because they think there's something wrong with them but because being insulted by Clinton/Obama must mean they're doing something right. It's not "we're deplorable", it's "we're people who Clinton thinks are deplorable, which means we're really great Americans". "Race realists" and other sorts of white supremacists feel like they're making real progress with Donald Trump, and Clinton validates this when she argues that racists (a characterization they would disagree with but which they recognize as being meant to refer to them) make up half of Trump's base and that Trump is on their side. It's like that Gandhi quote: "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." They take heart from being seen as relevant enough to be worth fighting and they're proud that Clinton's taking time to denounce them specifically - it means they're going places.

Calling yourself a bitter clinger doesn't carry quiet the same connotation as calling yourself deplorable. I know that they think they're saying 'if Clinton thinks I'm bad I must be good!' but really what they've done is proudly slapped a sticker on their own head that says 'Bigot'. It's tone deaf to think they can own this one.

But tone deafness is of course a trait of the bigot so it's not surprising.

Mizerman

You snatched his soul. Good work.

HylianTom

Banned
KellyAnnePolls took David Axelrod's bait.

Shot:
DC387BC0-7388-4E61-9DE2-0F780859D609.jpeg

Chaser:

Let's see how/if she responds..

Also applies to their arguments for freedom of speech. If an employee says, "Black Lives Matter" online, they believe it should be okay to fire them, but when someone like Donald Sterling got caught saying racist shit, they were all "What about his freedom of speech!?!"

Freedom of speech to these people means they can say whatever they want, and no one else can use the same freedom of speech to negatively respond to them.

The media is so angry the Clinton campaign didn't tell reporters she left the 911 event lol as it was happening. I mean obviously as someone who passed out I want reporters surrounding me as I'm trying to rest up for a bit.

KellyAnnePolls took David Axelrod's bait.

Shot:

Chaser:

Let's see how/if she responds..

Axelrod has been such a little baby this cycle

Kos elections gets it

@DKElections Daily Kos Elections Retweeted Mediaite
Axelrod's hostility toward Clinton says more about him than her (namely, that he's now an outsider looking in)

compare him to pfeiffer

Rikudo

Banned

Yaaaaassss! Wish I could've seen this. The only way to deal with these idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom