• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
A liberal wins, what do conservatives lose? Some money, maybe? Liberals lose and people lose their marriage, their homes, even their lives.This leads to a lot of emotional stress about the outcome of elections.

Nobody mongers fear like the NRA. They had a mailer back in 2006 that I thought depicted a certain conservative worldview quite starkly.

Representative illustration:
335498801_9f6c619616.jpg

Link to .pdf: http://boingboing.net/images/NR-F8_PERILFINAL.pdf

I'm hesitant to push that liberals are more educated than conservatives and therefore know better, because it easily comes across as elitist. And liberals have a big problem with people thinking they sit up in their high chairs and talk down to them. Which we, let's be honest, do a lot.

You can't really sell liberalism to people by saying "we're smarter than you, and therefore know more than you and know what's better for you, follow us"

I think the best way to attract more liberals is to reinforce critical thinking. If people heard something and stopped and thought "no wait, this doesn't sound right" they'd be much better off.
Yes, if only conservatives knew how to think critically, then people like Metaphoreous would be liberal.

Wait.

Yes, if only conservatives knew how to think critically, then people like Metaphoreous would be liberal.

Wait.

I never said critical thinking = liberal. I was saying if you give people the tools to think harder and deeper, you'll attract more people to liberalism.

I'm pretty sure Metaphoreous can look at Conservative news stories about how Hillary has Parkinson's and think "this sounds stupid." Not everyone was taught the tools used to make that deduction. We even see states like Texas starting to phase out classes on critical thinking. Why else would they not want people educated on being able to make reasonable decisions?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trump is going to town on the deplorables thing in his national guard speech.

Pointless. Half his base is exactly what Hillary said. All this does is rile up his base and nobody else.

He's still going with this?

He said something about AAs and Hispanics and then "oh BTW, we're doing amazingly well with AAs, as you can see in the polls this last week".

What are the odds that at some point he says or tweets "I don't need their votes." Or something like "I guess they don't want to help make America great again. Sad!"

After the election? 100%.

Before? Unless he starts to understand he's going to lose.

I'm hesitant to push that liberals are more educated than conservatives and therefore know better, because it easily comes across as elitist. And liberals have a big problem with people thinking they sit up in their high chairs and talk down to them. Which we, let's be honest, do a lot.

You can't really sell liberalism to people by saying "we're smarter than you, and therefore know more than you and know what's better for you, follow us"

I think the best way to attract more liberals is to reinforce critical thinking. If people heard something and stopped and thought "no wait, this doesn't sound right" they'd be much better off.

See my posts a few pages back about why you SHOULD be arrogant to hardcore conservatives and white supremacists and methods of doing it.

Obviously you shouldn't be arrogant to EVERYONE that isn't liberal, but to those that are just stubborn bigots you shouldn't waste time trying to reason with them. The best result you can hope for is shaming and humiliating them until they become a lot more closeted about their bigotry.

Just going "hey that's not really nice. please listen to these facts." Doesn't work with the "deplorables". You have to have a tone of "You're a desperate fucking idiot for your beliefs and here's why. Stop bitching and moaning about me telling it like it is."

studyguy

I think and hope this is going to be the take away in the end here.

I can't imagine the media running with this instead of 'BREAKING: IS CLINTON ON HER DEATHBED? SOURCES SAY THINGS, FIND OUT MORE TONIGHT'

Maybe one of her surrogates will come out and go 'Check out this lady shrugging off a fucking case of pneumonia at nearly 70 years old' but that'll be interspersed between a lot of drummed up controversy likely.

I can't imagine the media running with this instead of 'BREAKING: IS CLINTON ON HER DEATHBED? SOURCES SAY THINGS, FIND OUT MORE TONIGHT'

At the very least the Clinton surrogates will push the "she's such a strong woman she even campaigns when she has pneumonia" narrative.

Zukkoyaki

So I just watched the "Deplorables" Trump ad and I see what you all are saying, almost comes off as an attack ad FROM the Clinton campaign. I can see why people said even conservatives aren't thrilled with it.

Debirudog

There's nothing to make the deplorable line add to his benefit. What Clinton said might be blunt but it's hard to deny you and your demographic are rancid hateful POS.

Zukkoyaki

Based one what I've seen/heard, those that are taking offense to the "Deplorables" comment aren't really denying it, just trying to spin it as "Clinton hates Americans." Not a lot of "We're not racist!!" going on.

So I just watched the "Deplorables" Trump ad and I see what you all are saying, almost comes off as an attack ad FROM the Clinton campaign. I can see why people said even conservatives aren't thrilled with it.
I laughed my ass off. You are reminding everybody just who your supporters are. I don't know who thought they could turn that around and make them look good.

Boke1879

I legit don't get that ad. At all.

It would be like if Clinton played that ad with Trump making fun of the disabled person, and Hispanics. Had that cheesy ass music playing, and then showed clips of her own supporters clapping throughout.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It's that bad, damn. I'll need to find this and give it a look.

There's nothing to make the deplorable line add to his benefit. What Clinton said might be blunt but it's hard to deny you and your demographic are rancid hateful POS.
Especially when he refuses to call out and denounce their support. That makes it real easy for Clinton to contrast Trump with McCain, W, and Bob Dole, just like she did in her alt-right speech. "Dole told the racists to leave; why can't Trump do the same?", really highlighting what makes Trump so different from his predecessors.

Wilsongt

The North Carolina Republican Party has spent years trying to cut the early voting days available in their state — after ordering studies that found voters of color disproportionately cast their ballots early. Even though they lost in federal court and are mostly losing at the county level, the leaders of the state GOP have a new argument: early voting will allow dead people to influence the election in the crucial swing state.

“We have a situation here where you have to be alive on Election Day. If you vote early, you still have to be alive,” the state GOP’s executive director Dallas Woodhouse told local Fox reporters. “In a very close race you could literally have dead people voting.”

That's it. I'm out. Fuck you, NC.

Why do you have to be alive on Election Day if you have early voting? That's... not even an argument. It's not even a bad faith argument it just makes no sense.

The GOP Twitter account embraces #HillaryforPrison2016

CsK54KPWIAAwcg9.jpg:large

Also, I was thinking, the next time the Republicans win the presidency, is there any reason to expect them to obey Supreme Court decisions? I mean, the president is only limited by democratic norms as the Supreme Court has no actual force. That would be a clear impeachable offense, but impeachment would need 20 Republican Senators willing to impeach a Republican president and... I don't think that will ever happen due to the level of polarization in the nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom