• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Bernie Sanders voters are WARNING establishment Democrats now, before a Donald Trump White House. BRING BACK BERNIE! Trump defeats HRC

I'm going to need a gif from Robin Hood Men in Tights that says "Leave us alone, Bernie voters!" instead of "Leave us alone, Mel Brooks!"

Teggy

CsLC9ZrVUAALhBK.jpg:large

You don't have to take every poll at face value. You can scrutinize the methodology (which we should do in order to get better polls!) and take them for what they are. That's not unskewing: sometimes, there is bad science in polling.

Yes, that's what I meant. Look at the sampling and methodology, reach your own conclusions but move on.

From CNBC today:

CsKwDK-XYAA0Lvh.jpg:large

It's annoying to see the comparisons to Mitt's 47%.

Mitt's comments were attacked because they were wrong. They weren't wrong in that Obama had 47% of the electorate baked in (this is probably true) but that he said they paid no taxes with the implication that no-tax paying voters are Obama voters.

This was wrong on two accounts.

1. They paid SS, sales, property, etc taxes still

2. A huge chunk of the so-called non-tax payers were reliable GOP voters

Hillary's comments were true (with the possible exception of the word 'half,' since it might be more or less technically speaking). But it's what her campaign has largely been about! She gave a whole speech about it!

The faux outrage is annoying. And whenever Trump or his surrogates complain, someone in the media should respond about how this is political correctness gone amok! Just like the conservatives and Trump whine about!

I really am growing a disdain for how the election is being covered. 4 years ago it was the BS "dead heat" shit but this stuff this time is validating the worst aspects of our culture and it's horrifying to watch in real-time.

The Trump Foundation story should be #1 right now. Along with a handful of other negative Trump stories. Hillary's stuff is nothing compared to Trump calling someone Pocahontas, a racist epithet, or basically scamming millions from charity.

I don't see the 47% bit having gotten much traction outside of FOX. I see them trying, but it doesn't seem to be sticking.

I think this isn't really sticking because people, deep down, know Hillary isn't wrong.

I think it's not outrage that she said something wrong, but that she said something that's uncomfortable to admit is true.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think this isn't really sticking because people, deep down, know Hillary isn't wrong.

I think it's not outrage that she said something wrong, but that she said something that's uncomfortable to admit is true.

Pretty much. We've got polling that says it's not only true, but that she's downplaying the number.

Nate Silver, the ESPN journalist behind the FiveThirtyEight website, gave a presentation on the 2016 battleground map to a group of powerful Republican donors in Manhattan last week.

Silver was paid to give the presentation by the American Opportunity Alliance, a group led by some of the biggest Republican donors in the country, including hedge fund billionaire Paul Singer and the Ricketts family, which owns the Chicago Cubs.

Silver’s closed-door session was part of a two-day confab, held Sept. 7-8 at Le Bernardin Prive, a private dining room inside a New York City restaurant run by celebrity chef Eric Ripert.
Upwards of three-dozen top donors attended the gathering, along with senior Republican Party officials and strategists. Silver’s presentation on Wednesday afternoon was a highlight of the two-day event, people at the event said.

The statistician summed up Trump's chances by showing a slide with a colleague’s tweet: “Remember it's entirely consistent to say 1. Polls have tightened. 2. Clinton still leads. 3. Trump can win. 4. Clinton probably will win.”

He then walked the donors through a battleground map, from Nevada to Florida, providing non-partisan analysis and projections based on the FiveThirtyEight model.

Attendees said his insights were valuable, though they involved no information that wasn’t already on his website in one form or other.

Donors who participated in Silver's session besides Singer and Todd Ricketts included Ron Weiser, finance vice chair of Donald Trump's campaign; Betsy DeVos, a Michigan-based billionaire from one of the country's most powerful political families; Joe Craft, a Kentucky coal magnate and major Trump booster; and New York investor Cliff Asness.

Combined, they and their families have channeled hundred of millions of dollars into Republican politics; and they will play a major role in giving the party the resources it needs to save the House and Senate this year.

It’s not clear how much Silver was paid for the presentation or whether he has also given similar presentations to Democratic donor groups.

Attendees noted to The Hill that Silver gave them no advice on strategy.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...closed-door-presentation#.V9b_pdXQMkw.twitter

Looks like Silver is in on the scamming GOP billionaires racket, now.

Wilsongt

David Axelrod
David Axelrod‏ @davidaxelrod

Antibiotics can take care of pneumonia. What's the cure for an unhealthy penchant for privacy that repeatedly creates unnecessary problems?
Sep 12, 2016, 8:20 AM

Really, queen?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
The faux outrage is annoying. And whenever Trump or his surrogates complain, someone in the media should respond about how this is political correctness gone amok! Just like the conservatives and Trump whine about!

I really am growing a disdain for how the election is being covered. 4 years ago it was the BS "dead heat" shit but this stuff this time is validating the worst aspects of our culture and it's horrifying to watch in real-time.

The Trump Foundation story should be #1 right now. Along with a handful of other negative Trump stories. Hillary's stuff is nothing compared to Trump calling someone Pocahontas, a racist epithet, or basically scamming millions from charity.

I have totally done a media blackout of this election. I am probably going to miss something really important, but the coverage has been a farce. Candidates now can say whatever they want and not get challenged at all. So what is the point of the media? Candidates should just have youtube channels and make videos instead.

David Axelrod

Antibiotics can take care of pneumonia. What's the cure for an unhealthy penchant for privacy that repeatedly creates unnecessary problems?

Really, queen?

Read a few pages back. It was a trap set for Conway and she fell for it. He later explained that transparency goes both ways.

I mean... the article isn't bullshit though

No it's definitely bullshit because if they so much as checked Axelrod's Twitter feed they would have seen the second tweet about transparency going both ways.

And again, what Conway "pounced on" was a trap.

Either the person who wrote that article didn't do basic research, or they did and deliberately ignored what they found.

thebloo

No it's definitely bullshit because if they so much as checked Axelrod's Twitter feed they would have seen the second tweet about transparency going both ways.

And again, what Conway "pounced on" was a trap.

Either the person who wrote that article didn't do basic research, or they did and deliberately ignored what they found.

It wasn't a trap, come on. You don't bash a candidate in the hopes that the other candidate's campaign manager says something. He made a shitty comment.

David Axelrod

Really, queen?

Is he wrong? Consider the original story given before they finally decided ok, let's go with pneumonia. These are the puzzling unforced errors that have marred every national Clinton campaign since 1992. And this is a preview of what a Clinton WH will look like. Drip drip drip, drag drag drag.

Guys, dont engage with the Trump supporters in OT. It will only give you high blood pressure and a diablosy stomach. Just chill for a few days. Play Witcher 3, which is the official game of PoliGAF.

PBY

Banned
It wasn't a trap, come on. You don't bash a candidate in the hopes that the other candidate's campaign manager says something. He made a shitty comment.

Yeah, seriously. Come on, this is the most alternate reality view of things ever.

He crushed Hillary on his twitter account, this isn't a trap, regardless of his next tweet. Politico, while they could (or even should?) have included the follow up, wrote about the main tweet, with good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom