• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Brian Fallon saying they regret their decision of hiding the pneumonia, will release more medical information this week and she's expect to return to the trail mid-week. Confirms 'no other undisclosed illness".

Releasing medical info is smart and allows them to put more pressure on Trump

Yup. All they have to do and if she comes back midweek she can really own this issue and make something positive out of it.

Trump and Co really shouldn't say anything.

thebloo

I don't recall. But we also don't have them fainting on camera.

It's been 8 years. Obama has definitely been sick. Clinton doesn't faint and we're non the wiser to it.

Ok, she's clearly going to communicate from now on. But where is the "she should have said she was sick on Friday" coming from? It's just 20/20 hindsight.

CLINTON CAMPAIGN IS DYING

Brianna Keilar ‏@brikeilarcnn 10m10 minutes ago
Robbie Mook, Brian Fallon, number of senior staff have been ill with respiratory issues in recent days per @brianefallon

CsJ7dBcW8AAkZn9.jpg

Boke1879

Ok, she's clearly going to communicate from now on. But where is the "she should have said she was sick on Friday" coming from? It's just 20/20 hindsight.

No I agree. She was out there prior to Sunday looking fine.

LMAO and Donald already saying he's going to get treated unfairly during the debates.

Iolo

Twice this year I have caught the same terrible respiratory infection which took four weeks to abate. I chalk it up to 2016 being a dumpster fire.

Probably. Swear to god, the left is the absolute worst. How the hell did Obama manage to keep everyone in line?
Yeah, that's been a wake up call for me this election cycle (it's only my second voting election and the first one I've actually closely followed before mid-October)...this Chicken Little, "glass bones and paper skin" shtick is such an unfortunate and horrible handicap.

Debirudog

People like to call the democrats as cowards, but it seems like an innate nature for the left to just wet it's pants at every inconvenience.

People like to call the democrats as cowards, but it seems like an innate nature for the left to just wet it's pants at every inconvenience.
It's PTSD. No really it's due to everything post 68.

It's changing. Your starting to see the right get it and the left get a little more confident

Boke1879

It's true. Dems get scared as fuck over everything. Sometimes justified but often times they run around with their damn heads cut off.

Syncytia

Group of people who work together all get sick around the same time?

Something is going on guys.

Trump himself is taking a surprisingly smart route with it for now...but I am glad this is helping to keep focus on Trumps "medical" letter and his health. I doubt he will release much about his physical he took. "Waiting for the numbers" seems like a cop out to say something vague and general once the results are done. "The numbers were good, they were huge. The best numbers."

It's changing. Your starting to see the right get it and the left get a little more confident

Kinda. What you starting to see is that social conservatism is plummeting and Democrats are seeing that as an opportunity to catch the GOP in an awkward position where they mostly still haven't caught up to the growing popularity of social liberalism.

HylianTom

Banned

I've thought about this at length, and I sometimes wonder if those who remember all of the shellackings from that era are more prone to bed-wet than those who weren't old enough to be around for those experiences.

The main reason that ad is so bad...Clinton literally explains who's shes talking about in that ad. She calls them Trump supporters and then goes on to list racists, sexists etc.

Also I don't know why the fuck is shows crowds of Trumps supporters clapping. And the music was terrible.

It might be the worst political ad I have ever seen.

I think liberals panic all the time because we actually have empathy, and while it's our greatest strength, it's also a weakness. For us, the stakes are much higher. People's happiness, their lives, very personal things that liberals hold close that conservatives constantly threaten.

A liberal wins, what do conservatives lose? Some money, maybe? Liberals lose and people lose their marriage, their homes, their food, their healthcare, even their lives. We get into wars. The poor get poorer. People are miserable.

This leads to a lot of emotional stress about the outcome of elections.

Debirudog

I can see why they're like that.

But with Obama and his new coalition, the GOP being fractured by their own volition, I just can't see myself diablosing too much.

My millennial is probably showing up though.

Zukkoyaki

I think liberals panic all the time because we actually have empathy, and while it's our greatest strength, it's also a weakness. For us, the stakes are much higher. People's happiness, their lives, very personal things that liberals hold close that conservatives constantly threaten.

A liberal wins, what do conservatives lose? Some money, maybe? Liberals lose and people lose their marriage, their homes, their food, their healthcare, even their lives. We get into wars. The poor get poorer. People are miserable.

This leads to a lot of emotional stress about the outcome of elections.

I would also argue that the average liberal is more educated than the average conservative. We actually understand that significant tariffs on China would have very negative consequences for the economy, for example.

Glad the DSCC is finally getting in MO and NC.

I'm guessing MO internals look pretty good. We only saw two public polls of MO in August and Blunt was only up 4 and 5 in them. It's a reach (if Dems won it it would indicate a really good night) but I think it's definitely on the table.

VP Jason Kander, baby.

Smart by Trump to basically say get well soon.

Capitalizing on the deplorables line imo

It's funny Trump gets credit for meeting the basic standards of decency any other candidate would do automatically. Deep down we all thought there was some chance Trump would say "how weak and frail Hillary looked out there yesterday! No stamina!"

I would also argue that the average liberal is more educated than the average conservative. We actually understand that significant tariffs on China would have very negative consequences for the economy, for example.

I'm hesitant to push that liberals are more educated than conservatives and therefore know better, because it easily comes across as elitist. And liberals have a big problem with people thinking they sit up in their high chairs and talk down to them. Which we, let's be honest, do a lot.

You can't really sell liberalism to people by saying "we're smarter than you, and therefore know more than you and know what's better for you, follow us"

I think the best way to attract more liberals is to reinforce critical thinking. If people heard something and stopped and thought "no wait, this doesn't sound right" they'd be much better off.

studyguy

Trump sound like a stand up guy if you disregard the fact that he called a bunch of minorities rapists, poor, uneducated, criminals, fought with veteran families and has generally been the arbiter of the white nationalist rise. But hey he told Clinton to get well soon so all good so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All that matters is the media play so it'll probably be good press.

Fuck the deplorables line. That ship has passed.

He's smart to not attack her on this. I don't see how it would have helped him. Media is upset that didn't know about it Friday.

It's funny that you guys think because he hasn't yet, he isn't going to atack her on it. As soon as she recovers, he and his surrogates will constantly bring it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom