• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyanity

Banned
Does anyone else feel like this week is actually going to reflect positively on Hillary's campaign? First she says what's aready been on everyone's minds about Trump supporters, and then shows that she can, in fact, be vulnerable with the pneumonia diagnosis. This humanizes her and might end up helping her campaign.

edit - ESPECIALLY if she recovers quickly from the pneumonia and looks strong on the debate stage.

PBY

Banned
Does anyone else feel like this week is actually going to reflect positively on Hillary's campaign? First she says what's aready been on everyone's minds about Trump supporters, and then shows that she can, in fact, be vulnerable with the pneumonia diagnosis. This humanizes her and might end up helping her campaign.

Shes going to dip lower in the polls, almost assuredly.

edit: to be clear, the above is a short-term assessment; who knows long-term.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
David Axelrod
David Axelrod‏ @davidaxelrod

Antibiotics can take care of pneumonia. What's the cure for an unhealthy penchant for privacy that repeatedly creates unnecessary problems?
Sep 12, 2016, 8:20 AM

Really, queen?

With friends like this...

Dierce

Guys, dont engage with the Trump supporters in OT. It will only give you high blood pressure and a diablosy stomach. Just chill for a few days. Play Witcher 3, which is the official game of PoliGAF.

Ugh it is never a good thing when they feel empowered to show up. The downside of the comment Clinton made is that it will make these assholes more enthused to support their conman turd clown. I only hope that it has a similar or even greater effect on out side.

Hillary apparently refuses to drink enough water.

Marco Rubio needs to give her a talk.

(Also, Rubio sweats a lot and Hillary can't sweat which is probably related).

Zukkoyaki

edit - ESPECIALLY if she recovers quickly from the pneumonia and looks strong on the debate stage.

She is scheduled to be on Ellen DeGeneres and hold a rally in Vegas on Wednesday. She'll be fine. If there is a dip I expect a minor one that'll be gone in a week or two.

Edit: Also Tim Kaine is also in Ohio today and Michigan tomorrow. President Obama is campaigning for her in Philly tomorrow.

Crisco

Banned
Axelrod is right though, the only reason this pneumonia story matters is because she spent weeks telling us there was nothing wrong. Well, turns out she's had a chronic cough caused by allergies that lead to respiratory infection. Sure, it's not a life threatening illness, but it's not nothing either. When you have a candidate whose perceived as too insular and dishonest, this kind of shit doesn't help.

Dierce

I hope so but the media is already turning it all into a negative. That is the narrative across different sources and they are the ones that ultimately shape the decide the election.

Axelrod is right though, the only reason this pneumonia story matters is because she spent weeks telling us there was nothing wrong. Well, turns out she's had a chronic cough caused by allergies that lead to respiratory infection. Sure, it's not a life threatening illness, but it's not nothing either. When you have a candidate whose perceived as too insular and dishonest, this kind of shit doesn't help.

To be fair, she did say she had allergies. It wasn't until Friday that she was diagnosed with pneumonia.

Emarv

You guys thinking Axelrod was playing some type of chess move trap for Conway are kidding yourselves. Yes he's a key Democratic strategist and friend of Clinton's but he's also an analyst now giving a hot take of a typical Clinton criticism.

If anything, he's critiquing them to hopefully get across to them to be more transparent and quick than they have been.

..... She had allergies up until Friday.

"Nothing is wrong" is the correct response when you have a cough but Trump's people are accusing you of having Parkinson's.

You guys thinking Axelrod was playing some type of chess move trap for Conway are kidding yourselves. Yes he's a key Democratic strategist and friend of Clinton's but he's also an analyst now giving a hot take of a typical Clinton criticism.

If anything, he's critiquing them to hopefully get across to them to be more transparent and quick than they have been.

Exactly. But there's a better way to critique -- how about calling Mook?

also, wat

CsLg5Y4VIAAL2Sd.jpg:large

studyguy

Back to the important question.
What other game encapsulates PoliGAF as well has Civilizations?
I mean you have selfserving asshole leaders ready to bomb you on account of not trading them cinnamon or getting nicer boats than they do then turning around the next year and asking for free trade treaties.

Zukkoyaki

TRANSPARENCY INCOMING

Clinton camp to release 'Additional Medical Information' this week

"We'll release that to further put to rest any lingering concerns about what you saw yesterday," said Fallon, referring to Clinton's abrupt departure from a 9/11 memorial ceremony which the campaign initially said was due to her being "overheated." Clinton's doctor Lisa Bardack later released a statement that the former Secretary of State was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday.

Fallon said Monday, "There is no other undisclosed condition."

Link

pigeon

Banned
We'll see how much any of this actually matters.

I kind of expect Clinton to start climbing in the polls once protest voters realize that Trump could win.

Emarv

Exactly. But there's a better way to critique -- how about calling Mook?
I think you're right, but unfortunately that's not the route he took. Oh well, it's giving him lots of airtime today.

speaking of Mook, probably because he's top dawg but I appreciate how much more leeway he has in interviews than his other people. Going toe to toe and "rejecting Tapper's premise" on her lack of transparency is at least interesting to watch and not just regurgitated talking points.

Cyanity

Banned
"Clinton's reluctance to drink water"

As someone who habitually drinks water throughout the day, I can't imagine *not* wanting to drink water. Great way to stay sick if you are sick, too.

Is he wrong? Consider the original story given before they finally decided ok, let's go with pneumonia. These are the puzzling unforced errors that have marred every national Clinton campaign since 1992. And this is a preview of what a Clinton WH will look like. Drip drip drip, drag drag drag.

Yup exactly.

You know we cant and shouldn't depend on the media to report these things like adults. They should have known better/

I drink 10-15 glasses of water a day and sweat like I'm in a fucking furnace 24/7.

These (along with being good looking) are the only things I have in common with Rubio.

Hopefully I don't lose my hair in my 40s like Rubio though. My hair is great right now.

studyguy

Drinking water = Eating something (maybe a chance to choke idk)

Also we all know Clinton refuses to eat in public not for the fact that media shames candidate eating habits in public, but because she only drinks the blood of pure conservative Christian babies in private. Duh

Oh my god, I'm 99% sure Hillary Clinton IS my mom. My mm NEVER drinks water. After he fainting spell, I had to force her to drink a half a bottle of water a day. And it was like pulling teeth.

That's just how a lot of people are, though. It's normal to not want to worry others or to make your health issues a burden for others, especially at that age. It's reasonable to understand and accept someone's preference for privacy, especially when it comes health issues. Clinton is a lot like my Grandma, she kept a lot to herself and wouldnt let anything stop her from going about her routine and doing what she wanted regardless of her health.

edit: damn, my Grandma was like that about drinking water, too. Same thing happened to her health at one point- the coughing, pneumonia, dehydration.

Is he wrong? Consider the original story given before they finally decided ok, let's go with pneumonia. These are the puzzling unforced errors that have marred every national Clinton campaign since 1992. And this is a preview of what a Clinton WH will look like. Drip drip drip, drag drag drag.

It will be a long 4 or 8 years.

I drink 10-15 glasses of water a day and sweat like I'm in a fucking furnace 24/7.

These (along with being good looking) are the only things I have in common with Rubio.

Hopefully I don't lose my hair in my 40s like Rubio though. My hair is great right now.

10-15 glasses? Like tall glasses? That's a shit ton of water!

I drink a few glasses during the day and with dinner (unless I'm having beer/wine). None during breakfast (OJ, choco milk, or tea for me...though a 16 oz cup of tea is just flavored water) and if I play basketball I bring a 32oz water bottle with and finish it. And some if I work out. I also drink the occasional gatorade.

I'd say like 5-8 tall glasses is where I'm at. 15 in a day sound like me doing a race. I should drink a bit more water, probably. But I also eat soup from time to time, so it's not like I'm short on liquids!

studyguy

Axe is right.

Like you can't shake this any other way. The problem is optics would have been shit regardless of what she did. The right was slamming her health anyway, admitting pneumonia would have looked bad as would have avoiding the 9/11 ceremony.

It's just bad luck more than anything. Thems the breaks but getting ahead of it and biting the bullet was something that could have been done. Would it have been better, fuck no.

But it's moot to debate now. Clinton was damned regardless of what happened here. I'd wager they just bet on her stamina holding up through the pneumonia and lost. It probably could have worked but here we are.

Bowdz

No. I don't think that this will impact the election in the end, but this is objectively the nightmare scenario of most campaigns.

Having your candidate collapse or feint on camera, regardless of what precipitated it, is a terrible image for any campaign. I'm a die hard Clinton fan, but I feel like this week has gotten away from her in a terrible way. The coverage of the deplorable comment has, IMO, been very negative and following that up with the health incident felt like a one-two punch.

Polls have been solid this week and I still think this is noise and the debates will be the big events coming up, but this just hasn't been a good couple of days for her.

Also, Axe is spot on IMO. She needs to be more open and proactive and less reactive. Remember when people were saying any press conference would be terrible and how she should avoid them like the plague? She crushed all of the pressers last week and they did wonders for her immediate coverage in the press. Most of the time, Clinton doesn't do anything wrong, but hiding information or be overly cautious just comes off as shifty and constantly feeds to narrative that she is subversive. This whole cycle has felt like she's reactive and not proactive (not in terms of campaign infrastructure or get-out, but in terms of personal narrative).

Bowdz

Clinton has been upgraded to Android 7.0, battery health improved.
Releasing the documents won't dispel much but I think it's a good move regardless considering the current circumstances. Where's them taxes Trump

She really should do what McCain did and just invite a panel of outside doctors and news medical correspondents (like Sanjay Gupta) and let the look at her absolute complete medical history off the record and do a summary report after they see it.

No. I don't think that this will impact the election in the end, but this is objectively the nightmare scenario of most campaigns.

Having your candidate collapse or feint on camera, regardless of what precipitated it, is a terrible image for any campaign. I'm a die hard Clinton fan, but I feel like this week has gotten away from her in a terrible way. The coverage of the deplorable comment has, IMO, been very negative and following that up with the health incident felt like a one-two punch.

Polls have been solid this week and I still think this is noise and the debates will be the big events coming up, but this just hasn't been a good couple of days for her.

Also, Axe is spot on IMO. She needs to be more open and proactive and less reactive. Remember when people were saying any press conference would be terrible and how she should avoid them like the plague? She crushed all of the pressers last week and they did wonders for her immediate coverage in the press. Most of the time, Clinton doesn't do anything wrong, but hiding information or be overly cautious just comes off as shifty and constantly feeds to narrative that she is subversive. This whole cycle has felt like she's reactive and not proactive (not in terms of campaign infrastructure or get-out, but in terms of personal narrative).

I'm inclined to agree, though honestly I don't watch a lot of news so I don't really know how the deplorable comment is being processed. We'll see what happens, though honestly, I don't think there was any win for her once she got sick.

Just a couple of weeks ago there was talk about the possibility of winning the house and now there's that low a chance of winning the senate? What happened?

Lack of state polling in certain states/highly volatile polling in NH. The NBC poll having Ayotte +8 swung things the other way. We should be getting a lot more Senate polling now ala 2014 if history is any judge. I hope. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom