• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
After I quit smoking years ago, I always have to have something to drink. A bottle of water never leaves my side. That or some seltzer. My wife on the other hand, who is fit and healthy, despises drinking water and I have to be her, "water coach" and remind her all the time. We will be done with a meal and she won't even taken a sip. It blows my mind, I need a drink of something while eating, like between every bite. Luckily we eat lots of fresh fruit and veg which probably provides enough hydration, but still, how do people not like drinking water? It is the best.

Zukkoyaki

Just a couple of weeks ago there was talk about the possibility of winning the house and now there's that low a chance of winning the senate? What happened?

Clinton's lead shrunk a bit and polls came out showing that Trump isn't having the drag down effect on Congress Republicans that many thought would happen.

Well to be fair, they consider Indiana and Bayh a toss-up, due to a lack of polls.

And they think there's a 72% chance of the GOP winning Nevada.

For the record, the reason that it's low is because of Nevada (little polling/most of the polling that's there has had high undecideds + Heck up by 1-2) and New Hampshire (NBC's Ayotte +8 poll plus Emerson swung it towards her).

Well to be fair, they consider Indiana and Bayh a toss-up, due to a lack of polls.

And they think there's a 72% chance of the GOP winning Nevada.

Yeah, and there's really not a lot of Nevada polling in general. I get why, but it's not great for these types of models and not helpful for us.

She speaks.

@HillaryClinton
Thanks to everyone who’s reached out with well wishes! I’m feeling fine and getting better. -H

@HillaryClinton
Like anyone who’s ever been home sick from work, I’m just anxious to get back out there. See you on the trail soon. -H

royalan

Axelrod can have a seat. This pneumonia-gate is more Clinton Double Standard and total bullshit. But then, why am I not surprised?

Yes, it sucks and is definitely bad optics that Clinton fainted in public, but had that not happened nobody would have known she was dealing with anything other than allergies. And people battling the flu or pneumonia suffering from dizzy spells or fainting is not uncommon, so it's not like she's dying.

Suggesting that Clinton should have disclosed that she was sick is bullshit not only because it's an expectation no recent president has been subjected to (unless you mean to tell me Obama has not been sick once in the last 8 years, Axel), but it suggests that Hillary Clinton should have been able to anticipate she would faint, and thus should have disclosed.

It seems to me like it's standard practice that high ranking officials wait until it's visibly undeniable until they announce they're battling an ailment. But with Hillary I guess this becomes unusual and how dare she.

I mean, not much to do about it how. We're knee deep in the bullshit. But geez, let's at least be aware of it.

NeoXChaos

Most likely scenario for Hillary Presidency is :

House

2017-2019 R
2019-2021 R
2021-2023 R
2023-2025 ?

where ? depends on house well Democrats do in 2018 midterms and 2020 Presidential Election to affect 2020 Redistricting for 2022 midterms.

Senate

2017-2019 D
2019-2021 R
2021-2023 ?
2023-2025 ?

where ? depends on how bad 2018 went and what seats are won in 2020

Wilsongt

Axelrod can have a seat. This pneumonia-gate is more Clinton Double Standard and total bullshit. But then, why am I not surprised?

Yes, it sucks and is definitely bad optics that Clinton fainted in public, but had that not happened nobody would have known she was dealing with anything other than allergies. And people battling the flu or pneumonia suffering from dizzy spells or fainting is not uncommon, so it's not like she's dying.

Suggesting that Clinton should have disclosed that she was sick is bullshit not only because it's an expectation no recent president has been subjected to (unless you mean to tell me Obama has not been sick once in the last 8 years, Axel), but it suggests that Hillary Clinton should have been able to anticipate she would faint, and thus should have disclosed.

It seems to me like it's standard practice that high ranking officials wait until it's visibly undeniable until they announce they're battling an ailment. But with Hillary I guess this becomes unusual and how dare she.

I mean, not much to do about it how. We're knee deep in the bullshit. But geez, let's at least be aware of it.

When will your fave campaign with pnuemonia?

ClockedT.

Speaking of Masto (weird), this is the first public poll I believe where she's up:

http://www.ktnv.com/news/ralston/white-house-senate-races-very-close-in-nevada

The survey, conducted for Project New America by the Democratic-leaning firm, Public Policy Polling, found Hillary Clinton up 3 points, 45-42, and Catherine Cortez Masto up just 1, 42-41. Both deficits are within the survey’s 3.4 percent margin of error (815 people surveyed through a combination of landlines and Internet last week).

PPP:

Clinton: 45
Trump: 42

Masto: 42
Heck: 41

Apologies that Ralston wrote the article and I linked to it.

Bowdz

It is bullshit, but to be fair, no other candidate has fainted on camera before less than 60 days out from the election in the modern era. Let's face it: the historic nature of her candidacy brings pros and cons (fairly and unfairly) just like Obama's did in 2008. He is still catching flack for being cold and robotic but he can't show too much emotion because of the angry black man stereotype.

Clinton is dealing with the inherent sexism that is undercutting this election (women are weak, they are shrill, they need to look a certain way). It sucks, it is bullshit, and it is not fair in the slightest. But that's the way the world works especially when radical change is pushing to break through.

Hillary's health isn't going to mean anything.

What's the argument? That because Hillary might die that people should switch to Trump?

Uh, no.

It just means Tim Kaine is more likely to be President, and honestly, I'd imagine more soft Rs would be happier with President Tim Kaine over Hillary or Trump.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

What's the argument? That because Hillary might die that people should switch to Trump?

Uh, no.

It just means Tim Kaine is more likely to be President, and honestly, I'd imagine more soft Rs would be happier with President Tim Kaine over Hillary or Trump.

Exactly. And considering how much more popular Kaine is than Hillary, yeah not sure what they're trying to argue here.

Nice. Hildawg continuing to do well in state polls, it seems.

What's interesting here is in the Senate race, the undecideds are more likely to be both female and Obama 2012 voters.

Turnout is key, of course. Get the Obama coalition to the polls.

Hillary/Mastro has room to grow a lot more than their opponents according to the poll's cross tabs.

Uh, no.

Soft R's and those who have an irrational hate of Hillary on the left. I don't think anyone can hate Kaine, except maybe Pence after the debate if what we know of Kaine is true.

Wolf Blitzer put his spine on today. Asking multiple followups to Pence and drawing attention to the hypocrisy of the Trump campaign feigning outrage over this.

I feel like he could have gone further but he is really hitting every big point and hammering it a lot more than I feel a lot of people do. Maybe because Pence is vaguely sane and can actually be asked these questions.

Owzers

Wolf Blitzer put his spine on today. Asking multiple followups to Pence and drawing attention to the hypocrisy of the Trump campaign feigning outrage over this.

I'm glad Wolf isn't buckling, Team Trump are precisely asking Hillary to do something that Trump did not do, it's disgusting. She said regret, but she didn't apologize. Er...that's what those same surrogates were praising Trump for.

Darkgran

Uh, no.

Absolutely spot on.

Uh, no.

tbf it's not a story about health it's a story about (blech) "trust"

EDIT: The Onion wins the day once again:

Pneumonia Virus Terrified After Remembering What Clintons Capable Of

Remember when glenn and the left were so certain saban was gonna turn the onion into a pro-clinton outlet

https://theintercept.com/2016/01/26...p-financial-supporter-now-controls-the-onion/

We got a letter from the 7 year olds teacher because in his journal he said that his Uncle got "enraged" and Crooked Grandma (what he calls my mom because she likes Hillary) took him to McDonalds. lol

Those NV numbers give me some hope though. I really don't get why NV is so hard to accurately poll. I get the problems with the caucus, but with the GE it should be easier, I would think?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
@HillaryClinton
Like anyone who’s ever been home sick from work, I’m just anxious to get back out there. See you on the trail soon. -H

Said nobody ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom