• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
So without PA or VA... Where is 270 for Trump?

That would be Very Bad for Trump.

Ya, there isn't. She's at 269, if we also agree that CO is off the table. If Trump managed to take one vote from ME, he could maybe deny her 270....but he's going to have to run the table and flip the numbers in NH, pull out NV, hold on to Ohio, take Iowa (probably the mostly likely, tbh) and Florida.

Literally, Hillary needs NH and she's President. Or NV. Or Iowa. Or Ohio. Or Florida. Or NE-2.

Teggy

Holy hell! Andrea Mitchell just actually tried to get a gotcha moment with Kellyanne. Now, Kellyanne is saying Hillary is losing because she doesn't have 70% of the women vote. If you all get the chance, look this up, it's just a dumpster fire of terrible journalism.

So glad I am not watching that. I read a tweet that said KC said she couldn't find anything about Hillary's childcare plan and AM just nodded.

So glad I am not watching that. I read a tweet that said KC said she couldn't find anything about Hillary's childcare plan and AM just nodded.
In Andrea's defense, she did immediately follow up with a graphic that showed Trump has 7 policies totaling 9,000 words, and Hillary has 38 with over 112,000 words. Kellyanne just laughed and said "Do we expect people to have to go online?" Andrea then totally told Kellyanne she was wrong in that Hillary has been out there talking to people and listening. I think some of the media is getting fed up with the surrogate's bull shit.

Yeah, there is a PATH, just not a very realistic one. Also being up 8 in the H2H in Virginia does not really seem like a 3 point race nationally.

Teggy

In Andrea's defense, she did immediately follow up with a graphic that showed Trump has 7 policies totaling 9,000 words, and Hillary has 38 with over 112,000 words. Kellyanne just laughed and said "Do we expect people to have to go online?" Andrea then totally told Kellyanne she was wrong in that Hillary has been out there talking to people and listening. I think some of the media is getting fed up with the surrogate's bull shit.

Wow, so really? Candidates should have simplistic policies like "we will make the military super strong!" and not have to detail them in any other way? Kellyanne is trash.

Was there a discussion on this? I'm sure I missed it with the speed of this thread.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-do-the-presidential-candidates-know-about-science/
Clinton, Trump and Stein answer 20 top questions about science, engineering, technology, health and environmental issues

Trump clearly didn't write these answers, but this is just nonsense from the aide that did:

Donald Trump: The implication of your question is that there should be central control of American agriculture by the federal government. That is totally inappropriate. The agriculture industry should be free to seek its best solutions through the market system. That said, the production of food is a national security issue and should receive the attention of the federal government when it comes to providing security for our farmers and ranchers against losses to nature.

Like... Is food a federal government concern or not...? The answer is wildly different from sentence to sentence.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Trump clearly didn't write these answers, but this is just nonsense from the aide that did:

Like... Is food a federal government concern or not...? The answer is wildly different from sentence to sentence.

It is when we want it to be but not when we don't. Pretty clear to me.

Kellyanne Conway also defended Trump's doctor's short letter by saying, literally:

"I don’t know why we need such extensive medical reporting when we all have a right to privacy”

🤔🤔🤔

Syncytia

Was there a discussion on this? I'm sure I missed it with the speed of this thread.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-do-the-presidential-candidates-know-about-science/
Clinton, Trump and Stein answer 20 top questions about science, engineering, technology, health and environmental issues

Trumps answers read like a freshman high schoolers first essay. It's quite obvious he doesn't know anything of substance in regards to policy.

And as a public health/global health person, this straight up pissed me off
Perhaps we should focus on eliminating lingering diseases around the world like malaria.
The question was about climate change...

I'm not even going to quote anymore. His answers to the public health and vaccination questions shows how little he knows about anything. I mean, all his answers do but. Ugh.

Kellyanne Conway also defended Trump's doctor's short letter by saying, literally:

"I don’t know why we need such extensive medical reporting when we all have a right to privacy”

🤔🤔🤔

But Hillary kept stuff secret for two days!! We need to know this information!!

So transparent and hypocritical it hurts.

🤔🤔🤔

Let me guess, they didn't ask the obvious followup: "Why does Hillary need to show extensive medical reporting then?"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

������

She literally does not have the ability to self-reflect.

Let me guess, they didn't ask the obvious followup: "Why does Hillary need to show extensive medical reporting then?"

It wouldn't have done any good, you cannot knock her off a talking point with a bulldozer.

Virginia looking like a lock for Clinton is good. Kaine was a halfway decent VP pick after all???

Virginia is probably just a bad state for Trump, so I'm not sure Kaine is making that big a difference there. Nevertheless, I do think Kaine has been a better pick than I thought he would be.

Zukkoyaki

VA and PA seem to be in the same pile as MI, MN and WI as virtual locks on election day. That puts Clinton at 269... NH polls have also been extremely encouraging which would give her the win.

So basically Trump needs to sweep FL, NC, OH, IA and NV, AND flip one VA, PA, NH, MI, MN or WI.

I'm liking this friends

Brinbe

VA and PA seem to be in the same pile as MI, MN and WI as virtual locks on election day. That puts Clinton at 269... NH polls have also been extremely encouraging which would give her the win.

So basically Trump needs to sweep FL, NC, OH, IA and NV, AND flip one VA, PA, NH, MI, MN or WI.

I'm liking this friends
Yep. Been that way for a month or so now. I use this enough that it's on easy stand-by.

Igfc630.png

Until this map changes in any significant way, there's no reason to stress too much.

Shouldn't we discount polls right now until we see how people will react to the "deplorables" comment and the health incident? I wouldn't call anything a lock this week.

I didn't want to vote for Trump because he's a racist bigot with borderline fascist ideals but, that Hillary health scare has me thinking more about this.

BigAl1992

I didn't want to vote for Trump because he's a racist bigot with borderline fascist ideals but, that Hillary health scare has me thinking more about this.

Well, if for any reason Clinton gets majorly ill, there's always Tim Kaine to step into the breach. The guy certainly seems popular from what I've seen, possibly even more than Clinton herself.

Also can't forget the people that aren't voting for Hillary now that her campaign called their favorite cartoon frog a white nationalist symbol.

Holmes

Last Ohio poll had Clinton at +7 too, and YouGov at that. While the Clintons lost the more rural, salt-of-the-earth type in the state that they carried in the 90s and 08, they haven't lost the working class if the primary was anything to go by, and Clinton's strength/Trump's weakness among college educated (suburban) whites along with the state's high African-American population are more than enough to make up for the Clinton's loss in SE Ohio.

In states like WV and KY, a loss of that voting group pretty much put the states out of play for the Democrats for a long time but we all know that.

NeoXChaos

But let’s look at the reality of 2012. Republicans won not by spreading their vote thin but by packing all the Democrats into five districts where they won overwhelming victories: Robert Brady won the state’s 1st Congressional District with 85 percent of the vote, Chaka Fattah the 2nd with 89 percent, Mike Doyle the 14th with 77 percent. Allyson Schwartz (69 percent) and Matt Cartwright (61 percent) won comparative squeakers.

The only competitive Pennsylvania district in 2012 — again, a year in which Barack Obama carried the state for a second time and Democratic House candidates earned more votes than Republicans — was the 12th, which Republican Keith Rothfus won 52-48. The percentage-point margin of victory in the other 12 districts: 13, 25, 25, 14, 19, 13, 23, 31, 17, 13, 16, 26. One more time: Republicans generated these margins of victory in a state where they got fewer votes, statewide, than Democrats. The lines are stout, and the lines matter. There is a reason why Larry Sabato’s renowned Crystal Ball Report rates only one of Pennsylvania’s 18 seats as a toss-up this year, despite Hillary Clinton’s solid lead.
http://www.salon.com/2016/09/12/the...al-ignoring-why-democrats-cant-win-the-house/

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yep. Been that way for a month or so now. I use this enough that it's on easy stand-by.

Igfc630.png

Until this map changes in any significant way, there's no reason to stress too much.

Honestly, I'm not buying Florida or Nevada as toss-ups. I think, as usual, the Hispanic population of those states is being under polled due to language issues. We saw a bit of it during the primaries.

tuffy

A lot's been said about Trump having a "floor" such that no matter what he says or does, his supporters aren't going to budge and move polls below a certain point. So it stands to reason that Clinton also has a "floor" such that she could cough up a squirrel on live TV and her numbers are going to drop only so much. Therefore this health "scare" may not amount to much at all in terms of actual poll movement.

Veelk

Banned
Why doesn't Samantha Bee air her show more than once a week? I don't think it should be 4 days in a row like the daily show, but something like twice a week seems way more managable.

Debirudog

Watching the Samantha Bee video roasting the media feels great but it also reminds me that Christopher Wallace was an horrendous pick meant to appeal to the dumpster fire.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Watching the Samantha Bee video roasting the media feels great but it also reminds me that Christopher Wallace was an horrendous pick meant to appeal to the dumpster fire.

Yup. He's the best FOX has to offer, but they could have easily found someone better.

Trumps answers read like a freshman high schoolers first essay. It's quite obvious he doesn't know anything of substance in regards to policy.

I highly doubt Clinton or Trump wrote those answers (though I'd bet that Clinton read and edited hers). But that just points towards Clinton having a better, more-knowledgable staff.

So the GOP primaries in 2020, you think they'll make changes?

Because this is just going to keep happening. White supremacists know they own the party now, and there's enough of them spread around that they can pretty much pick the GOP candidate for president.

But the GOP can't just try and cut them out entirely, but embracing other races and working towards fixing themselves because then they'll probably start losing more local elections and stuff.

But there will be candidates in 2020 who double down and assume Trump just wasn't enough of a white supremacist, and that's why he lost. That those candidates will probably do well against Rubio and Cruz 2.0 or whoever decides to throw away their career in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom