• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
M6zkkfs.jpg

e3lmACV.jpg

Aj6i1oG.jpg
He'll just say he will sever all ties should he win, safe in the knowledge that he won't win, and that it won't be binding even if he did.

Wow the Republican primaries are crazy here; Edelblut has now pulled ahead of Sununu, and Ashooh and Guinta are still within 0.1% of each other with over half the precincts reporting... I bet one of them calls for a recount...

NeoXChaos

SHESH. I didn't know R's had won the white house 12 out of 14 times between 1860-1912

New York Governor Grover Cleveland narrowly defeated Republican former United States Senator James G. Blaine of Maine to break the longest losing streak for any major party in American political history: six consecutive presidential elections.

Republicans were beast. He was the only guy to win with two nonconsecutive terms before Wilson.

No, electors can vote for whoever they want. Hillary can pull a Horace Greeley and die between election day and when the electors vote if she wants to.
Yeah but if you have an instance where early ballots had Clinton's name and later ballots have Sanders' name on them, they don't just roll them all into one tally right?

When Mondale stepped in for Wellstone in 2002 after Wellstone's death, they didn't add Wellstone's votes from absentee ballots to Mondale's total (not that this would have flipped the result, mind. Still one of the greatest tragedies of American politics, both Wellstone's death and that Coleman won it)

trump foundation story is not a deal breaker for him.

anything he does in regards to lying or being shady doesn't help hillary since she does it anyway.

newsweek would've needed to dig up legit racist things he's done for it to be an issue. thats what moves the polls for hillary.

Ties to criminal underworld is closest you will ever get. Its not like Trump Organization will ever get involved in drug trade or prostitution rackets.

benjipwns

Banned
SHESH. I didn't know R's had won the white house 12 out of 14 times between 1860-1912
There were only two Democratic Presidents from 1861 until 1933.

One of them was a top President, the other was a racist tyrant who established a totalitarian government that stomped on every civil liberty imaginable. Then his wife became President.

Yeah but if you have an instance where early ballots had Clinton's name and later ballots have Sanders' name on them, they don't just roll them all into one tally right?

When Mondale stepped in for Wellstone in 2002 after Wellstone's death, they didn't add Wellstone's votes from absentee ballots to Mondale's total (not that this would have flipped the result, mind. Still one of the greatest tragedies of American politics, both Wellstone's death and that Coleman won it)
The presidential election isn't decided by any of those votes. The electors decide it. And they're elected in each state and D.C. as a single slate. (Except Nebraska and Maine.) They'd still all be Democratic electors no matter whose name is next to the slate on the ballot. (In some states it still specifies that you're actually electing a slate of electors and not the person named.)

Trump actually being corrupt doesn't matter because Clinton not actually being corrupt but the right wing and angry far left weirdos are convinced that she's corrupt without actual grounding in reality.

The A-rated charity engaged in improving global health is just as bad as the fake charity used as a cover to try and stave off prosecution.

The racist practices already revealed and flagrant actual lying by Trump doesn't matter because Clinton was once not a gay marriage proponent.

Welcome to the post factual world.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
There were only two Democratic Presidents from 1861 until 1933.

One of them was a top President, the other was a racist tyrant who established a totalitarian government that stomped on every civil liberty imaginable. Then his wife became President.

<3

Also, didn't the Reps make it really difficult for Dems to win after the Civil War for a little while?

Mayor of Flint is not having it with Trump. He's not going to be able to tour the water treatment plant. She's not meeting with him. No one from the city is. LOLOLOL

benjipwns

Banned
<3

Also, didn't the Reps make it really difficult for Dems to win after the Civil War for a little while?
Well, they did openly steal the 1876 election.

And yes, though to be fair, the Democrats quickly reversed that when allowed to essentially ban blacks from voting in the South. For example, in South Carolina blacks were 60% of the population shortly after the war. Obviously, allowing them to vote would have harmed the Democratic Party quite a bit. So that was fixed.

The GOP acquiesced by conceding the south since they couldn't win it with only white votes. (When TR tried to take the nomination from Taft one method was by trying to ban black delegates from being able to vote because "they can't contribute to the November election" so their power was outsized within the Party if they could.)

NeoXChaos

<3

well they only got 2 nonconsecutive Grover Cleveland wins and 2 Woodrow Wilson wins before FDR so yeah.

It's the reason Hillary winning is historical

-1st woman President
-1st Democrat in the post war era to win a third term for her party since FDR pre-ww2 era
-1st Democrat to directly succeed their Democratic predecessor not from death(FDR-Truman, Kennedy-Johnson) since Van Buren & Jackson in 1836

Hopfrog

Three, technically. Cleveland and Wilson obviously, but Johnson was technically a Democrat. Of course he was never elected president.

1864 election was a rather unique circumstance though.

Trump actually being corrupt doesn't matter because Clinton not actually being corrupt but the right wing and angry far left weirdos are convinced that she's corrupt without actual grounding in reality.

The A-rated charity engaged in improving global health is just as bad as the fake charity used as a cover to try and stave off prosecution.

The racist practices already revealed and flagrant actual lying by Trump doesn't matter because Clinton was once not a gay marriage proponent.

Welcome to the post factual world.

This is so on point

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
They're saying he and his family *have* to sever ties with the Trump Org. or he'll be the most conflicted president in history. And with shady foreign entities. It's not nothing and it's not boring.

Voters won't care.

benjipwns

Banned
Actually, it's another pro-Trump story from the corporate media. If Trump acts based on what's best for maintaining financial ties and benefits to the Trump Organization it will override his incredibly poor decision making and unhinged disastrous foreign policy ideals.

They're saying he and his family *have* to sever ties with the Trump Org. or he'll be the most conflicted president in history. And with shady foreign entities. It's not nothing and it's not boring.

Thinking of the wouldn't the Trump org have to change it's name? Having the family name of a sitting president that is integral to that org's reputation seems like it would violate rules.

...and Sununu is back ahead of Edelblut again. This is what, the 4th time the leader of this race has changed just tonight? I guess it all depends on which precincts have reported; I can't wait to see the maps afterwards...

DogDude

What is going to stop Republicans from saying literally the same thing about Clinton and her time as SoS though? It's not nowhere the year but the surface details are there where they'll just handwave this shit away.

And wtf wasn't this supposed to be his a smoking gun in his medical records? I had my hype up for this and swear I saw that on twitter and was supposed to expose him after the Dr Oz joke.

benjipwns

Banned
Thinking of the wouldn't the Trump org have to change it's name? Having the family name of a sitting president that is integral to that org's reputation seems like it would violate rules.
This was a major concern about Dole in 1996 and why the fruit company spun off its real estate arm.

It will be treated like nothing though.

Trump has presented no feasible ways to sever himself from his self named private company in which he has pecuniary interest. But no one seems to care.

royalan

The Newsweek story is useless at this point. The sky is blue. Water is wet. Trump is corrupt.

What's frustrating about it is that nobody thought to question THE OBVIOUS conflict of interest that is Trump's for-profit business dealings and what would happen to them should he become president, and instead chose to hound Clinton for weeks over a charity that has saved countless lives.

Shameful and disgusting.

The Newsweek story is useless at this point. The sky is blue. Water is wet. Trump is corrupt.

What's frustrating about it is that nobody thought to question THE OBVIOUS conflict of interest that is Trump's for-profit business dealings and what would happen to them should he become president, and instead chose to hound Clinton for weeks over a charity that has saved countless lives.

Shameful and disgusting.

That no one even bothered to ask these things is the biggest evidence (in addition to the polls that confirm this) that most people, Dem or GOP, think Trump will lose. It's just such a foregone conclusion to a lot of people that there's no point. Starting any P => Q statement with P ={ Trump wins in November} is vacuously true.

What I think some people are missing, but honestly, until I read the story, I can't say, is that this is a conventional issue that voters actually do care about AND the media knows how to cover it. I think the biggest thing with Trump's other whatevers is that they have no idea how to touch any of this. How do you touch his Khan comments? How do you cover throwing out a baby? This is traditional journalism, and it puts them on solid ground, maybe, to be critical.

Again, that's without reading it and being optimistic which....I shouldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom