• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
Just to be clear, you guys do realize that basically every major member of Congress has the same conflicts of interest as are being suggested for Trump here and it's actually legal for them to trade on insider information based on legislation and intelligence right? (Unlike Trump. Or Clinton. Until they get caught.)

Mark Warner isn't worth $200 million because he was a really good lawyer once. (He's never practiced law in fact.) He owns a massive share of Russia's largest search engine, which is a competitor to Google among other things. (And whose billionaire owners certainly wouldn't have any ties to the Putinstate, never, no billionaires in Russia would have anything to do with Putin, ever, it's just not a thing in their culture. The culture of a flowering democracy which will be shown in their upcoming Duma elections.)

Nancy Pelosi and her husband are constantly trading on insider information, most famously when she moved credit card legislation onto the House floor after buying thousands of shares of Visa, then immediately selling it after a 50% jump in the stock price before killing the legislation which sent the stock plummeting back down.

I use two Democratic examples because they are the ones I remember details of. But John Boehner did the same exact thing as Pelosi with other stocks I just don't remember the details.

A whole shitload of Congresspeople have their wives and families owning businesses that they just later happen to be involved in key legislation over. (Usually, it's money they married into...like John Kerry and Michael McCaul.)

Chris Dodd, to use another Democratic example for consistencies sake, is arguably the most shameless and amazing example of this. And it's hilarious that it only ever became an issue for him right when he decided to "retire" and immediately become the head of the MPAA.

What I think some people are missing, but honestly, until I read the story, I can't say, is that this is a conventional issue that voters actually do care about AND the media knows how to cover it. I think the biggest thing with Trump's other whatevers is that they have no idea how to touch any of this. How do you touch his Khan comments? How do you cover throwing out a baby? This is traditional journalism, and it puts them on solid ground, maybe, to be critical.

Again, that's without reading it and being optimistic which....I shouldn't be.

Yup.

"Follow the money" is something the media can do. They have struggled with "How much of America is racist as fuck?"

Diablos

Lol, this is the ultimate Diablos map. Bet he gets nightmares about it.

This is Trump winning every single swing state!
Do you really need to call me out like this?

That map means nothing to me. I'm concerned about Hillary losing and I care about Hillary winning, I don't care what the fucking path is I just want her to WIN and not exhibit any more unforced errors and debate well.

A loss is a loss and it will be catastrophic for this nation if Donald Trump is the next President.

And can we be real for one fucking second here, if she loses because of ME-02 she would have to be severely under performing. Hillary's problems would have to be bigger than ME-02 for it to matter that much and at that point it's not even worth obsessing over Maine as her campaign would have officially shit the bed at that point. Come on.

Fucking hell.

Valhelm

contribute something
M6zkkfs.jpg

e3lmACV.jpg

Aj6i1oG.jpg

This is good

Might not be juicy, but it will take the attention off Clinton's pneumonia

The presidential election isn't decided by any of those votes. The electors decide it. And they're elected in each state and D.C. as a single slate. (Except Nebraska and Maine.) They'd still all be Democratic electors no matter whose name is next to the slate on the ballot. (In some states it still specifies that you're actually electing a slate of electors and not the person named.)
So votes for Hillary on the Democratic ticket as well as Bernie on the Democratic ticket would all go to electing that slate of electors?

Do you really need to call me out like this?

That map means nothing to me. I'm concerned about Hillary losing and I care about Hillary winning, I don't care what the fucking path is I just want her to WIN and not exhibit any more unforced errors and debate well.

A loss is a loss and it will be catastrophic for this nation if Donald Trump is the next President.

And can we be real for one fucking second here, if she loses because of ME-02 she would have to be severely under performing. Hillary's problems would have to be bigger than ME-02 for it to matter that much and at that point it's not even worth obsessing over Maine as her campaign would have officially shit the bed at that point. Come on.

Fucking hell.
It's all good fun brehs.

And honestly, you have been lot more chill and optimistic this election than the past ones, so I think it's time to retire "diablosing".

benjipwns

Banned
So votes for Hillary on the Democratic ticket as well as Bernie on the Democratic ticket would all go to electing that slate of electors?
I don't see why the party would need to substitute the already chosen slate of electors since they aren't bound to vote for any candidate anyhow. As long as they're the Democratic slate, they can later vote for Bernie and save the country no matter what name was next to the slate on the ballot.

Wait, Dole is THAT Dole?
lol no

oh me

I don't see why the party would need to substitute the already chosen slate of electors since they aren't bound to vote for any candidate anyhow. As long as they're the Democratic slate, they can later vote for Bernie and save the country no matter what name was next to the slate on the ballot.
Well yeah, I'm not concerned about the electors changing.

Just wondering if a vote for Bernie and a vote for Hillary would both count towards that slate of electors.

You're voting for the party and the electors they chose, the candidate's name is irrelevant. In other words.

benjipwns

Banned
It would depend on state law. I mean "early voting" is new to us. But there wasn't a single election day for Presidential elections until 1845 and they seemed to figure it out.

Without the internet. True story.

benjipwns

Banned
Actually, I do wonder if early voting laws do take a candidate changing between when it starts and "election day" into account like that or if they just dismiss the results. I mean we've seen candidates drop out like in Kansas for Senate, or been replaced like in New Jersey for the Senate. With fights over trying to keep them on the ballot to harm a party. And that was just for the normal election day.

I should look into it rather than musing about it. I would have to assume they merge votes for the party's ballot line. Since I doubt many states allow parties to have multiple ballot lines in general elections? Candidates can have them certainly. But it would seem to undermine the party selection process being part of election law if the convention/primary was somehow ignorable.

Diablos

It's all good fun brehs.

And honestly, you have been lot more chill and optimistic this election than the past ones, so I think it's time to retire "diablosing".
Well I still do my fair share but can you blame me or anyone during THIS election?
And yes the me-ing is coming out in full force this year but it's not my fault..

On another note, it's funny Jill Stein quoted Tupac. Earlier today I thought it would have been hilarious if Hillary went on stage at a rally and did a lip sync of Can't C Me. That would pretty much be the best thing you'd ever see.

Retromelon is a threat to this nation and this party and will destabilize our democracy if we continue to aid and abet his existence. His very posts are an offense to our sense of morality. At best he is nauseating, at worst a literal metaphorical terrorist. Of course, I expect nothing less from a registered Republican.

Someone is shook.

@realDonaldTrump:

Trump is tweeting his own press releases, and thanking the Reps who are mentioned in them to pat himself on the back for his maternity leave plan. A plan that he, himself, does not have in place in any of the businesses he owns.

Because, of course.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 54s54 seconds ago
Russia took Crimea during the so-called Obama years. Who wouldn't know this and why does Obama get a free pass?

YOU! You didn't know this! Also "So called Obama years?"

Paskil

Obama was pretty decent today. Not his best, but not a bad start. One of my coworkers gave me a Clinton/Kaine button today. It made me pretty happy because she's basically my favorite person.

rjinaz

Trump is tweeting his own press releases, and thanking the Reps who are mentioned in them to pat himself on the back for his maternity leave plan. A plan that he, himself, does not have in place in any of the businesses he owns.

Because, of course.

YOU! You didn't know this! Also "So called Obama years?"

Lol you sound like Kyle giving Cartman a lecture. Real life is really becoming South Park thanks to this election. It amazes me.

Obama was pretty decent today. Not his best, but not a bad start. One of my coworkers gave me a Clinton/Kaine button today. It made me pretty happy because she's basically my favorite person.

My fiance had to tell one of the cashiers at his job that she couldn't wear a Hillary button today. He felt so bad. He kept telling her that he loved Hillary, and that I was obsessed, but they have a no politics rule. But, if she wants, I can get her a sign or something. He then calls me in a panic like 'I'm leaving work early, have a sign or something ready so we can give it to this girl!" lol

Remember that a lot of pretty knowledgeable security experts thought the Sony hack was an inside job as well. It's not completely far fetched, especially if it was someone who wanted DWS gone really badly, or simply someone who social engineered their way in through a contact.

I mean, if it's me, I take Roger "Huma's genitals were mutilated" Stone's speculation every time.

So much credibility as a founder of:

Citizens
United
Not
Timid

The anti-Hillary group.

(people talk about false flags all the time because people are stupid. The same reason people believed Jade Helm was a thing)

Things Roger Stone also believes in:

-LBJ killed Kennedy.
-Bill Clinton should be executed for "selling missile secrets to the Chinese."

Retromelon is a threat to this nation and this party and will destabilize our democracy if we continue to aid and abet his existence. His very posts are an offense to our sense of morality. At best he is nauseating, at worst a literal metaphorical terrorist. Of course, I expect nothing less from a registered Republican.
Gw7zw5R.gif

democrats smfh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom