• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
;sbvlsbvo;sbrfnir

foubvOSbrvoislfbno;dfinboiznb.dznbozibhrpongzd

rgl;WBE:eek:fnER:bnWOHg;iRngopiRNo;iWNrg;inr;oivberob

Alex Witt on MSNBC is interviewing the President of the NAACP, and she tried to play a clip from Hillary's speech this week...but they accidentally played a KFC commercial clip. The look on her face. LOL

I'm dead.

I'm done.

Bury me.
Yo, I was like WTF?! I bet she's cursing people out during commercial break.

Steve Coates just said Trump doesn't have the Mexican American street cred that Bush had. WTF?! Dude, you don't speak for Hispanics. Hispanics aren't a monolithic group. I don't think they even like to be referred as Hispanic. I know I don't.

Trump fixed the spelling at least

sqEv8aP.png

More like Trump's staff fixed the spelling.

Hmm...

Washington Post said:
Present were Conway and newly hired campaign chief executive Stephen Bannon, as well as communications adviser Jason Miller. They were joined by Ailes and Giuliani, both longtime friends of Trump; Ingraham, who is close to Conway and admired by Trump for her cutting Clinton commentary; and Trump’s daughter Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner, according to people familiar with the meeting, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the talks were private.

Conway/Maddow interview said:
MADDOW: So that meeting at the Bedminster golf club in New Jersey on Sunday, August 14th, that wasn't — that didn't happen? Like, this is what the New York Times reported in terms of him coming on board to help Donald Trump prepare for the debates, and becoming a formal or informal adviser, that didn't happen?

CONWAY: I was not there on August 14th. So I didn't see who was or was not there. But I will tell you that they're old friends and they talk. I'm sure they talk, and I'm sure — but he talks to many different people from every side of the aisle …

pigeon

Banned
This article is pretty great: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...g-off-the-trump-and-sanders-campaigns/497501/

Basically, you know how Trump and Bernie's campaigns had problems with FEC compliance, such that they let people donate too much and then had to give the money back?

And you know how purchases of campaign tchotchkes like buttons and yard signs from the campaign are technically considered donations, to avoid people using them to bypass the donation limit?

This guy bought $25,000 of merchandise from the Trump and Sanders campaigns and resold it on Amazon at a markup. In addition to the money he gets from selling it, the FEC will require Trump and Sanders to give most of the money he spent on merchandise back, so he'll get it for free.

Disruptive!

Bowdz

I don't know why I'm shocked that GOP operatives would write this down, but here it is:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-card-e:homepage/story&utm_term=.2b31191009d5

There isn’t a snowball’s chance that Donald Trump will stop his bombast and preening. If he’s in trouble today, just bet that it’s going to be worse tomorrow.

It appears a political landslide will sweep the country. That’s not all bad. The larger the margin, the greater the chances a Clinton administration will overplay its hand, handing Republicans a clear opportunity to repair the damage in 2018 and 2020.

Second, a massive educational program needs to be initiated on how to “split ticket” vote. Staying home is not an option. Turnout for the down-ticket races is key. Trump will drag down the entire ticket, but it is vital that Republicans maintain control of the Senate, if possible, and at the very least, the House.

With a Republican House, attention-getting hearings can be held every week on the inevitable missteps in a Clinton administration. The domestic scene, from the economy to health care to trade to infrastructure, will quickly ripen for congressional oversight.

Meanwhile, Republicans can shift focus to the midterms. Over the past 21 off-year elections, the president’s party has lost an average of 30 House seats and an average of four Senate seats.

We may also reasonably expect many of the 25 nervous and vulnerable Senate Democrats up for election in 2018 to join forces with the GOP on spending and other issues. Targeting and wooing that group should start immediately both in Washington and in their home states.

Third, there will be more than 2,000 presidential appointees, many requiring Senate confirmation — the entire Cabinet and sub-Cabinet, agency heads and commissions. Republicans should pick and choose carefully the most egregious liberals and expose their views.

Pending Supreme Court nominees still require 60 votes for cloture, and although the pressure to confirm nominees will be heavy, it is not unheard of to vote against justices (think about Robert Bork) or to postpone confirmation hearings indefinitely. Sometimes doing nothing in the Senate is doing something.

They are literally saying their plan is to block everything and have tons of phony investigations. This in addition to the Politico article talking about how the GOP is planning to stymie every proposal Clinton puta forward should knock any delusion out of the bipartisan crowd. Sure, if the GOP is willing to work in good faith on certain bills, embrace their help. But if Clinton and the DArms are lucky enough to win the House and the Senate, they should not in any way, shape, or form recruit the help of the GOP.

This article is pretty great: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...g-off-the-trump-and-sanders-campaigns/497501/

Basically, you know how Trump and Bernie's campaigns had problems with FEC compliance, such that they let people donate too much and then had to give the money back?

And you know how purchases of campaign tchotchkes like buttons and yard signs from the campaign are technically considered donations, to avoid people using them to bypass the donation limit?

This guy bought $25,000 of merchandise from the Trump and Sanders campaigns and resold it on Amazon at a markup. In addition to the money he gets from selling it, the FEC will require Trump and Sanders to give most of the money he spent on merchandise back, so he'll get it for free.

Disruptive!
He broke the system. ._.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
lolo, I hope 538 writes an article on the next 1% move in their model because I really think we are curious

Fox318

I want to know what the rest of the Pizza Hut one says....

What it should say if you buy pizza from pizza hut you aren't american.

There are plenty of local american run pizzaries in this country that are not only better to fund as they provide more local jobs to the comminity but they also have better pizza.

Most are more than competitive with national brnad chain pizza places.

Nate's latest tweet about noise in polling makes the volatility of his model even more bizarre. "There's lots of noise in polling but our model will react violently to every move!"

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The FEC only requires that campaigns refund excess contributions after they are given; it doesn’t force them to reject them in the first place. This loophole allows Treibel to make an even bigger killing than he imagined. Although he shelled out nearly $25,000 for the merchandise initially, he will get all but $8,100 back in refunds from the campaigns. (Though both the Trump and Sanders campaigns have reported issuing thousands of dollars in refunds to Treibel, he said he’s only received a partial one from Trump and nothing from Sanders.)

The sanders campaign really was a scam machine there at the end, lol. Love how OUR REVOLUTION is basically a Weaver money machine~

edit: Nobody buys hillary trash :(

Iolo

Nate's latest tweet about noise in polling makes the volatility of his model even more bizarre. "There's lots of noise in polling but our model will react violently to every move!"

I listened to the 538 podcast and the difference in tone is stark. The podcast was reasonable, they even said they wouldn't be concerned if they got the national vote wrong as long as they called the states right. Meanwhile, they were tweeting about a 3% drop in win percentage, which is uncertain polls filtered through an uncertain model.

lolo, I hope 538 writes an article on the next 1% move in their model because I really think we are curious

They have to. The next 1% drop gets her to 79%, and moving from the 80s into the 70s is effectively a difference of 10 percent, when you round.

I don't know why I'm shocked that GOP operatives would write this down, but here it is:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-card-e:homepage/story&utm_term=.2b31191009d5

They are literally saying their plan is to block everything and have tons of phony investigations. This in addition to the Politico article talking about how the GOP is planning to stymie every proposal Clinton puta forward should knock any delusion out of the bipartisan crowd. Sure, if the GOP is willing to work in good faith on certain bills, embrace their help. But if Clinton and the DArms are lucky enough to win the House and the Senate, they should not in any way, shape, or form recruit the help of the GOP.

Of course that's their plan. Anyone thinking the GOP was going to be interested in governing again because of Trump was blindly naive. The GOP isn't going to stop obstruction until there is a Republican President or it costs them Congress. Voters don't punish them for obstruction, why would they change? No one even talks about Garland anymore, refusing to even give hearings has been normalized.

Crocodile

It's like everyday Trump & the GOP find a way to piss me off even more. Like I know "triggered" can kind of be a joke/meme if overused but that's how I've felt way too often this election season. I want this to end and for Trump & his allies to get crushed!

The "How would Bernie Sanders be doing" thread is maybe the most delusional thing I've ever seen.

You had to have known what you were getting into when you went in there. I avoided that thread for a reason, you should have too :p

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 15m15 minutes ago
My condolences to Dwyane Wade and his family, on the loss of Nykea Aldridge. They are in my thoughts and prayers.

Really bitch?

I'm eating at Chipotle like a basic bitch. God help me and my bowels.

Never eaten at a Chipotle. I prefer authentic Mexican food, like Taco Bell or Burger King's Whooperito.

Kidding. We have surprisingly great Mexican food in my town.

Also, Trump was supposed to give his immigration speech on Wednesday. He has canceled it.

Managing expectations?
Brian Fallon
‏@brianefallon
For all his lack of substance, Trump's showmanship, as ex-TV star, makes him a formidable debate foe. He thrashed his rivals in GOP debates

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 15m15 minutes ago
My condolences to Dwyane Wade and his family, on the loss of Nykea Aldridge. They are in my thoughts and prayers.

Really bitch?

Campiagn not him, just as the corrected tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom