• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its really frustraiting that the media is pretending like trump has been really "sane" this week and not done any curiel or khan moments. That's because you're not reporting them!

The CNBC interview should be on that level, it was literally insane. Oh and their was violence at his rallies again. But "sane!"

Everything seems to be meta-coverage nowadays. It's annoying.

Dierce

I hate to say this but it appears that the Clinton campaign no longer has a strategy. I understand that initially they were attempting to run down the clock but it seems that the enthusiasm problem caught up and when they tried to revert that the media turned against them.

Seriously it is beyond a depressing thought that millions of Americans are being conned by a man that deserves less respect than horse shit. A man who's ignorance is only rivaled by his prejudices. This election shouldn't even be close. This is America, a land of immigrants and whose very existence and success is attributed to its diversity and values for progress and liberty. We do not condone fucking tyrants and autocrats. We should not stand to see this country taken over by a shit faced mother fucking fascist and racist who pretends to know more than the absolute trash he is. If you happen to be a Trump supported who is reading this and feel even more enthusiastic for supporting that bastard just know that your stupidity will haunt you for the rest of your miserable life. Because he will not only drag the disenfranchised down the hole he has created with his pretend bravado, he will drag everyone down because his name is more important to him than this country, its people and especially his own supporters who are too blind to see that they are being treated like pawns.

I hate to say this but it appears that the Clinton campaign no longer has a strategy. I understand that initially they were attempting to run down the clock but it seems that the enthusiasm problem caught up and when they tried to revert that the media turned against them.

Seriously it is beyond a depressing thought that millions of Americans are being conned by a man that deserves less respect than horse shit. A man who's ignorance is only rivaled by his prejudices. This election shouldn't even be close. This is America, a land of immigrants and whose very existence and success is attributed to its diversity and values for progress and liberty. We do not condone fucking tyrants and autocrats. We should not stand to see this country taken over by a shit faced mother fucking fascist and racist who pretends to know more than the absolute trash he is. If you happen to be a Trump supported who is reading this and feel even more enthusiastic for supporting that bastard just know that your stupidity will haunt you for the rest of your miserable life. Because he will not only drag the disenfranchised down the hole he has created with his pretend bravado, he will drag everyone down because his name is more important to him than this country, its people and especially his own supporters who are too blind to see that they are being treated like pawns.

A currently struggling strategy is not no strategy.

Do you really believe the thousands of employees on her campaign are flying blind simply because the results you'd prefer aren't happening?

Dierce

A currently struggling strategy is not no strategy.

Do you really believe the thousands of employees on her campaign are flying blind simply because the results you'd prefer aren't happening?

They have demonstrated that they are usually slow to respond when the political environment changes because they are very cautious. But when they attempt to respond in a timely manner and disregard caution it backfires due to the standards set by the media, hell it is set by our entire society who gives the benefit of the doubt to men seeking political power but must dig up every last bit of dirt on a women politician.

Boke1879

Now this I don't get. They do have a strategy. They have a ground game.

There isn't anything she can do to make the media cover Trump to the standards he needs to be. There is very little she can do about her favorables at this point.

She honestly IMO just needs to focus on her policy. Jab back at Trump when need be but focus on what you'll do as President.

Emarv

I'm unmoved by the "Trump momentum". Let him have that narrative. Gives the press more coverage as they continue to pound him over all of these scandals leading up to the debate. Get Dems more motivated.

Until I see him leading PA by a considerable amount, it's all just horserace stuff.

Jesse Rodriguez ‏@JesseRodriguez 8m8 minutes ago
Per an audience member at Dr. Oz taping with Trump, he said he likes fast food because "at least you know what they are putting in it."

Jennifer Jacobs ‏@JenniferJJacobs 14m14 minutes ago
ON KISSING: Ivanka kissed Dr. Oz & her dad. Oz commented on kiss. Trump said he kisses her "as often as I can," audience tells @FayCortez.
LOL

Closest I'll get to watching Dr. Oz.

I think having a media strategy is important. But really, how do you counter today's Trump cycle? He once again shifted the talk from the Newsweek article, Trump Foundation investigation and Pam Bondi stuff by keeping the media guessing about WILL HE OR WONT HE and finally having a nice PR assist from Dr. Fuckin Oz. Really how do you counter this?

Ecotic

This is getting ridiculous, Hillary and her campaign need to get off their ass tomorrow. Trump is winning most days now. She needs to hold a large, headline grabbing rally every other day with a high-powered surrogate like Obama, Biden, Warren, or Sanders. Use the opportunity to hammer home a message.

Emarv

these leaked emails just make me want to learn way more about Colin Powell. Dude seems kinda crazy and probably really fiery behind closed doors.

BigAl1992

After all this talk that's been going on over the last few days, I think a better question right now is this; As of right now, how would the election results turn out, and has there been a significant shift in polling to say that Clinton wouldn't be elected, or are the polls tightening in a natural formation as it usually does in the final weeks to election day to say that this is more of a case of a bad week at the office? Be honest, because the last thing anyone needs now is more unverified bullshit sprouted for the wrong reasons.

Emarv

quote of the day

Benjy SarlinVerified account
‏@BenjySarlin
So based on reports from Dr. Oz show: Trump is a 267 lb. 70-year old who doesn't exercise and loves fast food.

Maybe release more info?

thebloo

Honestly, it is pretty worthy of panic that a white nationalist candidate whose only ideas about the country are that brown people should not be in the country is close.

That says very bad things about the United States.

Anyway... Colin Powell:

CsVCsztXgAAwOAl.jpg

Way to go, Colin. It's her fault Bill is (allegedly) dicking around.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

At least Diablos had paragraph breaks.

This is getting ridiculous, Hillary and her campaign need to get off their ass tomorrow. Trump is winning most days now. She needs to hold a large, headline grabbing rally every other day with a high-powered surrogate like Obama, Biden, Warren, or Sanders. Use the opportunity to hammer home a message.

She had a pretty good excuse for not being out there the last few days.

thebloo

Obama spoke yesterday.

I'm unmoved by the "Trump momentum". Let him have that narrative. Gives the press more coverage as they continue to pound him over all of these scandals leading up to the debate. Get Dems more motivated.

Until I see him leading PA by a considerable amount, it's all just horserace stuff.

Yeah. We definitely need motivating so let this shit unfold. The vote is not tomorrow.

Grief.exe

69 year old lady with pneumonia.

BiggNife

I mean

I'd much rather she takes a few days off instead of pushing herself and risking death from pneumonia

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Melania Trump's lawyer released a letter explaining her legal status:

"Because Mrs. Trump did not enter the United States until August 27, 1996, the allegation that she participated in a photo shoot in 1995 in not only untrue, it is impossible," Michael J. Wildes wrote.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...r-on-immigration-status/ar-BBw91Er?li=BBmkt5R

Thing is he's not denying she entered earlier - the date he's referring to is her "visa entry" for the intention to work. It's worded very oddly if the intention was to eliminate the shadow of a doubt.

For example - I "entered" the US with the intention to work in like, 96 or something on an H1B (during the OJ trial), but I had "traveled" to the US many times before for vacation and business (not "work" but reporting for my UK employer).

Just an odd way to phrase things and it could have been much more complete.

However, I think going after Melania for a minor immigration violation is a disproportionate idea, even if it's her own hypocritical husband's fault. I don't feel comfortable with punishing her and their kids because he's a douche.

I think having a media strategy is important. But really, how do you counter today's Trump cycle? He once again shifted the talk from the Newsweek article, Trump Foundation investigation and Pam Bondi stuff by keeping the media guessing about WILL HE OR WONT HE and finally having a nice PR assist from Dr. Fuckin Oz. Really how do you counter this?
We're all getting played. Dammit

Nafai1123

Banned
Hillary really needs to overload us with her health records this week. Just put out so much information nobody can say shit about transparency anymore regarding her health and they can focus back on Trump's astonishingly excellent medical records magic show.

Emarv

Honestly, as dumb as those statements are, Trump can be kind of funny in public settings. He's an entertainer. Depending on how he said it, the exercise comment and the "At least I know what's in fast food" comments could be solid jokes that get a laugh.

If they weren't, then yeah, he's just an idiot.

Emarv

Oh snap. WrestleGAF got a secret fan.

Aaron BlakeVerified account
‏@AaronBlake
BREAKING: Colin Powell watches professional wrestling cc @TheFix
CsVN3brXYAE4Pis.jpg

All kinds of SNAFU:

MJ Lee ‏@mj_lee 49m49 minutes ago
Another audience member tells me Trump said he was put on a Statin drug to lower cholesterol, and it's now at a good level

MJ Lee ‏@mj_lee 49m49 minutes ago
So much so, she said, that Dr. Oz remarked only a young person would have a cholesterol level that is that good.

MJ Lee ‏@mj_lee 48m48 minutes ago
Trump also said on Dr. Oz he is so good at golf he could play with the PGA, according to an audience member.

MJ Lee ‏@mj_lee 4m4 minutes ago
Audience member: Trump instructs person picking up his fast food to NOT say order is for him bc he wants to ensure food isn't tampered w/.

Joeytj

Banned
Colin Powell's reputation will probably take a hit. I mean, he will most likely endorse Hillary (he says it in other emails) but these rants are pathetic.

Good thing he trashes Trump.

Oh, is it time for poligaf to freak out again.

I really don't think you can just call this chicken littling anymore. Dismissing Trump as a nonfactor until it was too late is what got him the nom in the first place. Hillary's got a lot of structural advantages, but polls are polls. They can't all be faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom