• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think you can just call this chicken littling anymore. Dismissing Trump as a nonfactor until it was too late is what got him the nom in the first place. Hillary's got a lot of structural advantages, but polls are polls. They can't all be faulty.

There's no evidence trump has moved closer to winning. There are a few polls that are concerning but people act like hillary has screwed it all up

I remember 2012

iammeiam

Trump's medical report is lacking in extremes. Nothing he can say he has very, very adjective, some say even the MOST adjective anything. It's very non-Trump aside from the weird Ivanka kissing thing.

Melania Trump's lawyer released a letter explaining her legal status:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...r-on-immigration-status/ar-BBw91Er?li=BBmkt5R

Thing is he's not denying she entered earlier - the date he's referring to is her "visa entry" for the intention to work. It's worded very oddly if the intention was to eliminate the shadow of a doubt.

For example - I "entered" the US with the intention to work in like, 96 or something on an H1B (during the OJ trial), but I had "traveled" to the US many times before for vacation and business (not "work" but reporting for my UK employer).

Just an odd way to phrase things and it could have been much more complete.

The article basically ignores the second part of the lawyer's letter, which says the 1995 photo shoot actually took place after October 96, per conversations with Melania. Which is super weird given that the original report said the photos were from the January 96 issue of Max. I totally don't understand the thought process behind releasing this letter without also announcing that the media had given the wrong issue of the magazine, because the way time works prevents photos in magazines in January if they're not being taken for another 9 months.

I don't even care about her immigration status, just the apparent brazen lying baffles me.

Way to go, Colin. It's her fault Bill is (allegedly) dicking around.

I'm not sure he's blaming her. The same argument has been made by various people since 2006 from Harry Reid to Nancy Pelosi, not as a personal knock on Hillary but as an acknowledgement that it's a major liability. It's a time bomb that will go off sooner or later, and it'll hurt her campaign or White House/government.

Boke1879

A lot of us here are very reactive to polls. Whether they are positive or negative. just calm down folks.

Clinton has been with the press. Unfortunately she had an episode on Sunday. Aside from that she has been with the press before that and done well with them.

Zukkoyaki

A lot of us here are very reactive to polls. Whether they are positive or negative. just calm down folks.

Clinton has been with the press. Unfortunately she had an episode on Sunday. Aside from that she has been with the press before that and done well with them.

Good point. Just last Thursday we were all pointing out how the media blasted Trump after the Security forum and were being kinder to Clinton in general.

Emarv

"If"? They'll accept it, unless they dig up something.

Sadly I think it all comes down to direct interview or debate questions. Otherwise it won't matter.

"Mr. Trump, your opponent has released decades of tax records and extensive medical records. Your brief medical releases have been done by a widely discredited physician and pale in comparison to Secretary Clinton's. You also have not released any tax records.

How full of shit are you?"

If Anderson Cooper doesn't say that verbatim, I'm gonna count it as a loss.

Found trump's next tweet

Edit:

Ford's Michigan Assembly Plant, which currently makes the small cars, will be getting new products under a contract signed last year with the United Auto Workers union. They will likely be larger, more profitable vehicles like the Ford Ranger pickup.
So no job losses but bet that doesn't get reported!

Joeytj

Banned

The limited number of polls released before the pneumonia incident confirms that her press courting worked. But the enthusiasm gap is definitely hurting her in LV polls.

538 now has Ohio and NC red, although Hillary still winning Florida, Virginia and Nevada, enough for +300 EV.

Wilsongt

I made the mistake of reading the facebook comments on a local news post about the ACC.

I literally just saw the term "tranny potties". Hooooooooly shit.

Hillary had a bad weekend. Maybe the health stuff will affect her negatively. Oh well. The debates are soon and that probably will have more of an affect on the race than one news cycle.

iammeiam

267 is obese, even assuming Trump is a legit 6-3 minus his shoe lifts (celeb heights disagrees).

They appear to acknowledge his BMI in the interview, unsure if Oz outright calls him obese
:

Multiple attendees, including Tess Fenna, a New York University student from Minnesota, said Trump was said to have high testosterone and a body-mass index of about 30, and that the candidate acknowledged wanting to lose 15 or 20 pounds. The government’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention say adults with BMIs from 25-29.9 are considered overweight; 30 and above, obese.

All in all it sounds like exactly the medical report you'd expect from looking at the guy. Which he will relay in speeches as excellent health, I'm sure.

Ecotic

Nobody ever mentions this, but Trump is also a case of melanoma waiting to happen. He has an obvious tanning bed goggle outline around his eyes showing his tanning bed addiction.

Boke1879

The limited number of polls released before the pneumonia incident confirms that her press courting worked. But the enthusiasm gap is definitely hurting her in LV polls.

538 now has Ohio and NC red, although Hillary still winning Florida, Virginia and Nevada, enough for +300 EV.

Yea this is where you put faith in her ground game and her coalition of Obama, Michelle, Biden, Kaine, Warren and Bernie.

If we can't win with that. Then this country quite frankly deserves whatever type of hell a Donald's Trump Presidency looks like

https://theringer.com/what-to-remem...back-begins-1db1c4698eef#---308-641.k1kx5m8u3
Still, even if none of this occurs, the media will eventually grow tired of the “Trump’s finished” story line and move on to the much more clickable “Trump’s comeback” narrative. Any day now, some Quinnipiac poll that shows a tied race in Pennsylvania will force Democrats to lose control of their bladders. A Trump surge in a stray tracking poll will result in a CNN Breaking News Countdown Clock that will tick down the seconds to an emergency panel of 37 pundits. The sheer hysteria of the “How Could She Blow This?” pieces will dwarf the collective freak-out that followed President Obama’s first debate loss in 2012. It won’t be prett

And that’s when we’ll all need to stop, take a deep breath, and remember this moment
Again, Clinton’s bounce may fade, or at least shrink a bit. But when that happens, we should remember a few political truths that have not been upended during this uniquely bizarre election:
1. Campaigning still works.
2. Making an argument against your opponent still works.
3. Laying out an optimistic vision for the future still works.

studyguy

I'm not gonna bother with Trump's BMI.
Honestly both candidates are old and likely suffer from some medical issues like everyone else at that age so what am I supposed to do when someone tells me an old person isn't fit as a horse? The main issue is the deflection on both sides of medical problems.

Pat McRory, HB2, and the Republicans took my sacred spring rites of Dame's into FSU baseball disappointment from me.

This election just got personal.

Whoever they hired to do their twitter and headlines needs to get the boot.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that things are Working as Designed over at the AP. Still do credible journalism, just throw a shocking headline & tweet on it so they get dem clicks. I wouldn't be shocked if this was their thing from now on.

Debirudog

I think it's pretty clear at this point that things are Working as Designed over at the AP. Still do credible journalism, just throw a shocking headline & tweet on it so they get dem clicks. I wouldn't be shocked if this was their thing from now on.

Man, social media really does lower the standard in the press...

Dan Jones is ranting about the "blacks" and how they aren't going to turn out because they don't like Hillary.

Not sure if it's good that a pollster is saying "blacks."

Dan Jones is ranting about Hillary's health now.

I dont think there's anything damning in that Oz interview/report. Just that he's not the healthiest person ever to run for office. If anything this will bring the discussion back to that farcical B-movie doctor.

Dan Jones is ranting about the "blacks" and how they aren't going to turn out because they don't like Hillary.

Not sure if it's good that a pollster is saying "blacks."

Dan Jones is ranting about Hillary's health now.
Um the Clintons have a great relationship with the African-American community.

Maybe not the younger generation who might see Hillary largely in the context of the 08 primary but this analysis is junk.

Nafai1123

Banned
Jesus fucking Christ why are CNN covering Trump's interview with Dr. Oz every fucking hour when it hasn't even aired and we're just getting second-hand accounts? Why are they not covering in detail the Newsweek article published this morning?

I'm diablosing bad today.

PBY

Banned
Jesus fucking Christ why are CNN covering Trump's interview with Dr. Oz every fucking hour when it hasn't even aired and we're just getting second-hand accounts? Why are they not covering in detail the Newsweek article published this morning?

Honestly, the Newsweek piece is pretty meh.

Zukkoyaki

They did pretty extensively earlier. It was even the main story on their website.

Um the Clintons have a great relationship with the African-American community.

Maybe not the younger generation who might see Hillary largely in the context of the 08 primary but this analysis is junk.

I don't know if we need to analyze a pollster's thoughts on African American voting after he starts talking about the "blacks."

Axe, don't talk like this, a lot of sounds like poorly gendered complains.

@sahilkapur
Harsh words from @davidaxelrod on how @HillaryClinton comes across when she speaks.

(Via The Axe Files podcast).

CsVYtB3W8AAtwhH.jpg

Nafai1123

Banned
Honestly, the Newsweek piece is pretty meh.

It still beats second-hand accounts from audience members about "how much Trump exercises?" This entire health coverage hoopla is meh because it's not even a voter issue. Who is going to switch from one candidate to another based off their health? Nobody.

They did pretty extensively earlier. It was even the main story on their website.

Well that's good I guess. Hopefully they cover it this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom