• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hillary has just got in trouble for telling the truth and not giving a fuck about the general reaction (deplorables).

Maybe it's not a good idea to complain that she sounds robotic and "filtering" when the last time she talked about this, she revealed a pretty painful memory of why, as a woman in positions of power, she feels like she has to guard her word choice!

LYIN' CLINTON

Alexandra JaffeVerified account
‏@ajjaffe
Bill Clinton in Las Vegas said he just spoke to Hillary and she's "feeling great" & downplayed her illness—but said she had the flu.

Seriously get the act straight.

Debirudog

Axelrod doesn't seem to like Clinton. It's a pretty fair critique to her approach but calling her a computer seems pretty harsh. I wonder how much resentment he has for her (which any animosity should be let go of, for fuck sakes), or it's arrogance because he got to work for Obama and deliver him the presidency.

Or he's just a dick.

Touchdown

Banned
Axelrod doesn't seem to like Clinton. It's a pretty fair critique to her approach but calling her a computer seems pretty harsh. I wonder how much resentment he has for her (which any animosity should be let go of, for fuck sakes), or it's arrogance because he got to work for Obama and deliver him the presidency.

Or he's just a dick.

I've read his book he made after leaving the Obama campaign....There's definitely a bit of arrogance there.

Joeytj

Banned

Or he's just a dick.

Axelrod does support her, and has said he admires her a lot. He has been a regular on the Chelsea Handler show om Netflix and always says good things about her, but does also critic the way she can come off as secretive. Those crticis sound worse on Twitter and it soundbites than in real life.

Teggy

Hey, I drew out some anti-semitism on Twitter, congrats to me

Todd Goldstein ‏@teggygah 36m36 minutes ago
@joshledermanAP Same article says plant will stay open to make bigger, more profitable cars. You guys are terrible with headlines lately.

Zach Farnese ‏@WOATWOAT 30m30 minutes ago
@teggygah @joshledermanAP why not build a new plant and keep the small cars here???

Todd Goldstein ‏@teggygah 5m5 minutes ago
@WOATWOAT @joshledermanAP They sell globally so they produce globally. AP should not make it sound like they are abandoning the country.

Zach Farnese ‏@WOATWOAT 4m4 minutes ago
@teggygah @joshledermanAP of course (((you))) don't mind.

Todd Goldstein ‏@teggygah 1m1 minute ago
@WOATWOAT @joshledermanAP lol

Debirudog

Axelrod does support her, and has said he admires her a lot. He has been a regular on the Chelsea Handler show om Netflix and always says good things about her, but does also critic the way she can come off as secretive. Those crticis sound worse on Twitter and it soundbites than in real life.

huh, so I guess he's just frustrated and speaks in a blunt manner.

Obama does the exact same thing. When he's not reading a prepared statement he pauses a lot. Did he ever criticize Obama for it?

Yeah, I agree. I love Obama, but I don't think he comes off particularly different than Clinton when asked a complicated or tricky question. Neither sound robotic to me; merely careful and thoughtful -- which is what I want from a president when they are evaluating a tricky issue!

I've read his book he made after leaving the Obama campaign....There's definitely a bit of arrogance there.
Would you say the book is worth reading? Is it interesting?

Iolo

LYIN' CLINTON

Seriously get the act straight.

Saw this on Twitter, followed immediately by a clarification from his spokesman, but knew it would be instantly screamed about here. It's posts like these that make me want to leave this thread until the debates.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
If we use BMI as a (really shitty) measure of health, doesn't this make him very much not the healthiest person to ever run for President? Just thinking back to his first doctor's note.

BMI is shitty for people with high muscle mass ratios.... which obviously Trump is not. Guy is fucking obese. It's hard to tell just looking at him, I was surprised to see that weight.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
I dont think there's anything damning in that Oz interview/report. Just that he's not the healthiest person ever to run for office. If anything this will bring the discussion back to that farcical B-movie doctor.

I think the damning thing is that the letter was obviously bullshit, which begs the question, what is Trump hiding about his health? The whole Hillary thing is starting to look like projecting in order to distract from his own crap. Of course the media will ignore it.

Emarv

You guys, now I'm over here googling "Trump shirtless" trying to find a picture of just how overweight Trump actually is. I'm basically a real journalist now.

Well the polls today have sucked.

Can't wait for Clinton to be back campaigning tomorrow. Obama speech hardly seemed to get any play.

Clinton should have released her medical records, not sure why they haven't done so.

Honestly, if I were Hillary, at some point I would just play the "And he dipped the bullets in pig's blood" story over and over again and if people really want to elect a guy whose fantasies about murdering Muslims are right there in the speech, I might just give up on America.

The Pig's Blood speech is the single worst thing that has happened in this election and is something that would have been said before the Holocaust.

mo60

I still fear the media horse race narrative is going to hand this election to Trump.

I'm going to calm you down here, but I expect this election will end up just like the federal election in Canada last year. Hilary will win by a considerable margin in the end but it may take awhile for her to get a consistent and considerable lead(5+) points again. I think she may pull significantly ahead of trump in october.

Honestly, if I were Hillary, at some point I would just play the "And he dipped the bullets in pig's blood" story over and over again and if people really want to elect a guy whose fantasies about murdering Muslims are right there in the speech, I might just give up on America.

The Pig's Blood speech is the single worst thing that has happened in this election and is something that would have been said before the Holocaust.

He actually made a speech about Pig's Blood?

Touchdown

Banned
Yeah, I agree. I love Obama, but I don't think he comes off particularly different than Clinton when asked a complicated or tricky question. Neither sound robotic to me; merely careful and thoughtful -- which is what I want from a president when they are evaluating a tricky issue!

Would you say the book is worth reading? Is it interesting?

Yeah it was, he talks about his childhood and how he got into politics, very interesting but also a little dull. He's a big fan of idealistic politicians which I don't think he considers Hillary.

Boke1879

huh, so I guess he's just frustrated and speaks in a blunt manner.

He's a critic as well. I mean there is a logical argument to be had. Clinton is very calculated etc. but that's just who she is. Not changing.

And she can't win. She can tell it like it is or be calculating with her words and she'll still get scrutinized the same.

The press is impossibly PC about white people so Hillary can't tell the truth about things without getting attacked by the press. But she's a woman so she can't be evasive without being condemned as inauthentic.

Joeytj

Banned
Well the polls today have sucked.

Can't wait for Clinton to be back campaigning tomorrow. Obama speech hardly seemed to get any play.

Clinton should have released her medical records, not sure why they haven't done so.

Like I mentioned Monday and Yesterday, today was going to be the first day of polls that fully factored in the weekend. By tomorrow, polls will start showing the effects of Monday and probably Obama's speech and more Trump bad news.

It won't be until Friday and Saturday that we get the first full picture of this entire crazy week.

thebloo

You can't really tell individual occurrences on polls. Some people may be slower on the uptake. I know it's hard, but just throw them on the pile and carry on.

I went on a tirade on a friend's Facebook post last night. His post was fine, but the comments from his friends were the dumbest fucking things I've ever read.

"Lesser of two evils is still evil. I dont say anything bad about Hillary tho cuz I dont want to randomly "commit suicide" like her attorney"

Why do these people exist?

Mizerman

I went on a tirade on a friend's Facebook post last night. His post was fine, but the comments from his friends were the dumbest fucking things I've ever read.

"Lesser of two evils is still evil. I dont say anything bad about Hillary tho cuz I dont want to randomly "commit suicide" like her attorney"

Why do these people exist?

Because they wanna be special snowflakes.

QPac:

https://www.qu.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2378

LV:

Hillary: 48
Clinton: 43

LV:

Hillary: 41
Clinton: 39
Aleppo: 13
Cincinnati: 4

Cool.

18-34 year old hate Hillary despite agreeing with all of her policies other than marijuana and I'm fucking mad.

Hillary needs to suck it up and set aside her dumb beliefs about drugs and call for legalization.

I remember 2012

Yeah, I think people freaking out about polls are making a very very naive assumption about the country. Hillary is doing great for a modern election, even in the tightest polls, but people actually think this country isn't super racist and will reject Trump if given a better candidate.

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news on this one, but Obama himself would only be running like a point or so higher than Hillary (she does hold the 2nd and 3rd place for most primary votes ever, right behind Bams). Half of this country doesn't really care about policy as long as the culture war is fought for them. They don't care about child care, or health care, or tax code, or foreign policy. The only thing that matters is having a strongman stand up and say "You know what, you pussy liberals. Shut up, sit down, and mind your manners. If things aren't like Leave It To Beaver, then we'll make them be that way. And if they are, then you'll damn well like it."

The GOP base (and indeed half of the country) is just that racist. Donald Trump is running on a platform entirely built with culture war as the planks, and he'd be doing just this well against Barack Obama right now. It is what it is.

Mark Begich is talking about running a write-in campaign for Senate this year against Lisa Murkowski whaaaat?

Bruh, if you wanted to run for Senate you would have had the primary to yourself, there's already another Democrat on the ballot anyway. Save your powder for 2020 if you want to run again, this looks bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom