• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine what the 2012 election must have been like here when every poll showed a different winner for like the last month of the election.

Romney wasn't an existential threat to the United States.

In the BEST CASE scenario, Trump will invade Iran and it will be as bad as Vietnam and Iraq.

It's almost like building your coalition around young people is a bad strategy.

Well, yeah, for Hillary tho :p

@Nate_Cohn
Pretty simple illustration of the Clinton third party issue. Would you consider supporting a third party candidate?

CsVpXtyWcAApEl_.jpg

royalan

Get Bernie out there and get Hillary to embrace legal weed, jesus fucking christ.

I don't care if you have personal feelings against weed, Hillary, I have personal feelings against Trump invading Iran and making the Rape of Nanking look mild.

Bernie was sent out. Last week.

He has no more sway over his voters.

This election is making me hate millennials and I'm starting to see a lot of the things old people say about them might not be all that wrong, at least when it comes to politics.

Some of my most frustrating political conversations were not with Trump supporters, it was with Busters.

This thread probably would have been locked for health reasons

Well, non-millennials are the one's voting for Trump en mass, so they're in fact much worse.

I think there's evidence that it's the opposite. People like winning and hate losing; it's why turnout for a sporting event favors the team that's favored to win. People don't want to participate in a losing exercise, but it feels good to participate in a winning one.

That's pretty neat. I'd never have thought it worked like that.

John Harwood ‏@JohnJHarwood 8m8 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Gary Johnson has to be at 15% in debate commission-designated major network polls by Friday to make 9/26 debate stage. That's not happening.

So NBC/WSJ and CBS/NYT coming out until Friday?

Yes, but millennials have a chance to make this a shut out and influence policy for the next generation and they're just whining and making excuses because they'd rather vote with their heart instead of their head.

I'm sure most will come around when the time comes, or perhaps I'm just being stupidly optimistic. It is aggravating, no doubt.

Reading Russians screaming on Twitter at Simone Biles for having ADHD is the saddest thing in the world

Go drink yourselves into a coma as your country dies, leave the queen alone.

Zukkoyaki

I'm sure most will come around when the time comes, or perhaps I'm just being stupidly optimistic. It is aggravating, no doubt.

I think a good number will, maybe not most. Especially if we're in late October and things seem close. I think the closer we get to election day the more people will realize that Donald fucking Trump could very well be president and some will come around... hopefully.

HylianTom

Banned
Trump Campaign Co-Chair: “We Will Have A Lot Of Self-Deportation” In First Term

Sam Clovis, Donald Trump’s national campaign co-chairman, said Monday that there will be many undocumented immigrants who will voluntary leave during Trump’s first term in office.

“If we enforce the law, we will have a lot of self-deportation that will go along with this because then people will understand, yes, we’re serious about this,” Clovis told Philadelphia radio host Scott Adams in an interview posted Monday. “If we are able to get e-verify in place where we can send letters of notice to employers that may have people working for them unknowingly that are illegal, then I think we’ll have employers that will help start this process to make sure that all their employees are legal.”

History getting miiiighty close to repeating itself.

As a filthy 22 year old myself, my social media feeds are still unpleasantly full of the sort of condescending Douche and Turd, both sides the same, "I'm staying home/voting with my conscience" bullshit as ever. It's the most disheartening smug sophomoric crap pretending to be moral righteousness and it's fucking nauseating.

Well, we have reason to believe support for third party candidates will come down, and we know that's better for Clinton than Trump, so it's something to look out for on results day.

But we have every reason not to get complacent.

Dierce

As a filthy 22 year old myself, my social media feeds are still unpleasantly full of the sort of condescending Douche and Turd, both sides the same, "I'm staying home/voting with my conscience" bullshit as ever. It's the most disheartening sophomoric crap pretending to be moral righteousness and it's fucking nauseating.

Inundate their feeds with orange turd quotes such as this recent one: "When they circle our beautiful destroyers with their little boats and they make gestures at our people that they shouldn't be allowed to make, they will be shot out of the water, OK? Believe me."

So they want to leave the world most powerful military in the hands of a madman? I thought they hated war.

Inundate their feeds with orange turd quotes such as this recent one: "When they circle our beautiful destroyers with their little boats and they make gestures at our people that they shouldn't be allowed to make, they will be shot out of the water, OK? Believe me."

So they want to leave the world most powerful military in the hands of a madman? I thought they hated war.

That doesn't work on them. They just say "I don't vote against someone, I vote for someone!" or whatever some type of babble similar to that. They have to be special little snowflakes and are completely naive on how government works.

I've dealt with Busters since the primaries started. It's nearly impossible to get through to them on anything. They've convinced themselves Trump is a pacifist and Hillary will kill us all, that the Supreme Court doesn't matter, and that after 4 years of Trump, the US will become a liberal utopia. And economic policy is the single most important issue, bar none, so even if gay marriage goes away, or abortion goes away, or black people lose the right to vote, it doesn't matter because Hillary is a "neoliberal" a term they don't understand, but they heard it on Twitter, so they repeat it all the time.

Trump knows it's Republicans that largely fucked Flint... right? Because he sure doesn't sound like it with his Flint attitude. Also, I'm shocked anyone even let him in the city.

That doesn't work on them. They just say "I don't vote against someone, I vote for someone!" or whatever some type of babble similar to that. They have to be special little snowflakes and are completely naive on how government works.

I've dealt with Busters since the primaries started. It's nearly impossible to get through to them on anything.

Ain't that the truth. I was trying to convince one of them today that he'd be better off fighting for the changes he wants to see happen than arguing that Clinton needs to drop out and let Sanders step in. Because maybe he can help us move towards free college, but he sure as shit can't resurrect Sanders 2016.

He didn't want to hear it of course.

I'm very thankful that none of these individuals I personally know live anywhere even remotely swing-statey, because I'd rather walk on hot coals than get into a political argument with 20 year old Busters on Facebook.

thefro

Get Bernie out there and get Hillary to embrace legal weed, jesus fucking christ.

I don't care if you have personal feelings against weed, Hillary, I have personal feelings against Trump invading Iran and making the Rape of Nanking look mild.

That's actually a pretty good suggestion.

Maxim726X

As a filthy 22 year old myself, my social media feeds are still unpleasantly full of the sort of condescending Douche and Turd, both sides the same, "I'm staying home/voting with my conscience" bullshit as ever. It's the most disheartening smug sophomoric crap pretending to be moral righteousness and it's fucking nauseating.

I had an argument with a friend of mine, an engineer, who is voting for Johnson. When I asked him 'what is one position of Johnson that speaks to you?' he couldn't answer it.

He merely said 'its not Hillary or Trump'.

This is from a very well educated 30-something. So it's not just bright eyed, bushy tailed 20 somethings.

I've dealt with Busters since the primaries started. It's nearly impossible to get through to them on anything. They've convinced themselves Trump is a pacifist and Hillary will kill us all, that the Supreme Court doesn't matter, and that after 4 years of Trump, the US will become a liberal utopia. And economic policy is the single most important issue, bar none, so even if gay marriage goes away, or abortion goes away, or black people lose the right to vote, it doesn't matter because Hillary is a "neoliberal" a term they don't understand, but they heard it on Twitter, so they repeat it all the time.

The Young Turks brainwashed them good.

Maxim726X

Florida is gonna be reeeeal tight.

Perhaps the demographic argument was a bit overstated, as the NYT article suggests.

Hillary has had an awful month, Trump has had a good month, and OH was always going to be tough.

This is really bad, relatively speaking.

But that's the thing- He didn't have a good month. He's done nothing noteworthy in the last 4 weeks. He had a terrible showing last week. It doesn't seem to matter.

Hopfrog

Think that once this election is over many in the media should be taking a long look at themselves for how they have handled Trump over the past year.

And they will have plenty of time to do so once President Trump tosses them in the gulags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom