• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I'm not sure how important the ground game argument is. Unlike previous elections, the nativists are energized to vote for one of them, and so I wouldn't think they'd need canvassers and whatnot to encourage them to go to the polls.

Tarydax

Banned
This interview with Ivanka by Cosmo of all places is amazing because they actually push her on her father's hypocrisy on his child care plans and she gets beyond pissy. On my phone so I can't post the whole thing, but. Wow.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a3356886/ivanka-trump-child-care-maternity-leave-policy/

I love how Trump surrogates constantly use lines like "I don't know that he said those comments" to deflect, as though their supposed ignorance invalidates what he said.

zecpAOs.jpg

looking at the polling averages in the 2012 election, what was it like with Obama at only like +1 before election day?

giphy.gif

Actually we were mostly trusting in Best Nate (Silver at the time) who was assuring us that this was mostly in the bag for Obama. Also I'm pretty sure he was up more than +1 in the good polls. Ras was doing what Ras does and dragging the polling average down through sheer volumetric shit, plus Gallup's tracking poll was clearly drunk that year to anyone who was paying attention.

Syncytia

Can't wait to see the full Dr. Oz tomorrow. Just saw a short a clip on Chris Hayes...

"Cancer Screenings: Yearly"

That doesn't tell us anything. Can't wait for the rest to be

Heart rate: normal
Blood pressure: daily
Vision: yes

Can't wait to see the full Dr. Oz tomorrow. Just saw a short a clip on Chris Hayes...

"Cancer Screenings: Yearly"

That doesn't tell us anything. Can't wait for the rest to be

Heart rate: normal
Blood pressure: daily
Vision: yes
Agent: Provocateur
Murder: Employment
Skyfall: ?

I'm not sure how important the ground game argument is. Unlike previous elections, the nativists are energized to vote for one of them, and so I wouldn't think they'd need canvassers and whatnot to encourage them to go to the polls.

Trump's base is has comparatively less education than previous Republican compositions, and less education statistically means less turnout all other things being equal. This has traditionally been more of a Dem problem but it's not quite as pronounced this year.

giphy.gif

Actually we were mostly trusting in Best Nate (Silver at the time) who was assuring us that this was mostly in the bag for Obama. Also I'm pretty sure he was up more than +1 in the good polls. Ras was doing what Ras does and dragging the polling average down through sheer volumetric shit, plus Gallup's tracking poll was clearly drunk that year to anyone who was paying attention.

So shouldn't we be focusing on things like the Upshot and the "Princeton Election Consortium"? Both still have Clinto at a 80% chance of victory.

Seems more productive than freaking out about individual polls! CNN polls seem to generate the most freak-out anyway, they caused the shitstorm right before the Dem convention too.

Maxim726X

So shouldn't we be focusing on things like the Upshot and the "Princeton Election Consortium"? Both still have Clinto at a 80% chance of victory.

Seems more productive than freaking out about individual polls! CNN polls seem to generate the most freak-out anyway, they caused the shitstorm right before the Dem convention too.

And 538 has her at 65%...

Please enlighten us- At what point would it be okay to be concerned? Since apparently anyone who is concerned by recent trends is being irrational.

NeoXChaos

And 538 has her at 65%...

Please enlighten us- At what point would it be okay to be concerned? Since apparently anyone who is concerned by recent trends is being irrational.

mid to late october after all the debates are done. Slippage in PA, CO, WI and VA showing a tie or Trump ahead in those four.

Diablos

I think very little of forum criticism these days but honestly, the constant use of "Diablosing" is getting really annoying and it's a bit offensive. It's particularly offensive when someone mentions my posts back in 2012 and basically gives people a pat on the back to keep the meme going. Like, really? Is that necessary? This election is a shitshow and a nightmare. There's a reason why so many more people are freaking out: We have a literal fascist, racist, xenophobic, authoritarian, fraud of a "business man" with NO political experience RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT AND GETTING CLOSER TO WINNING. This is absolutlely terrifying and beyond "Diablosing". This isn't making something out of nothing or very little. This is a legitimate concern. It shouldn't be this close, period. Really, I'm not that important. I don't own worrying and freaking out over politics and elections. People are doing this on their own accord for very legitimate reasons this cycle.

Anyway, my ten cents...

The biggest shock to me regarding the CNN OH and FL polls are the college educated white voters breaking for Trump. I was NOT expecting that. There's an alarming amount of women voting for him too. Something is wrong. I don't know if it's more on the side of bogus polling or if something is SERIOUSLY wrong, but it's not a good thing to see no matter what. She needs more young voters too in those states.

Hillary had a bad month post-convention and Wrath of Khan wave and it was made even worse by her passing out at the 9/11 memorial.

I think the "basket of deplorables" comment was a calculated risk but a mistake; it is now proving to be far too risky I think, and it wasn't necessary. She could have phrased it better or said something else.

The other issue at hand, I think, isn't just the problems but how she and the campaign handled them. Hillary laid low after the convention to raise money, fine. Still, do some pressers in between, do an interview or two. Nothing major, just keep it going. Don't completely disappear.

She makes the deplorables comment and Kaine comes out swinging in her defense, saying she has nothing to apologize for and then the campaign semi-apologizes anyway. She passes out at the 9/11 memorial and disappears, leaving Kaine out of the loop once again. It just looks messy.

And then we have outside factors like the DNC getting hacked and the emails thing just. not. dying. Even when you see Colin Powell emails hacked, you better believe it turns a lot of voters off and they probably associate that negative feeling to Hillary and what they thought about that. You don't want to head into the election with stories about hacks and emails and Clinton Foundation stuff, even if it's bullshit, filling the air along with any other problems and unforced errors that come along. Don't forget about the CIC forum, and yes Matt Lauer sucks but he kind of trolled Hillary with unrealistic questions for the setting and he succeeded in that sense.

Hillary is up to her neck in bullshit, some of it's her fault and a lot of it isn't but she hasn't been good at combating it lately. That needs to change and fast or we are in big, big trouble. I am bracing for more shitty polls.

Bottom line is this election should not even be close. Yet here we are. This is Donald Trump not Mitt Romney.

PBY

Banned

We should focus on ALL credible sources, because... this is how we end up in segregated pockets of reality bubbles with different truths for everyone.

Tarkus

I get my news mainly from the shows.

In all seriousness, I have a question: How do many of you have the time to comb through all these articles on a daily basis?

It's not that I don't think it's not worth worrying about, but this thread seriously becomes unreadable at points because of everyone freaking out about whatever new poll came out. And then whenever someone tries to say something positive or talk about the debates or whatever there are "but the media will say Trump won!" or whatever. It doesn't hurt to be somewhat optimistic. It's not just this thread either.

I mean, in retrospect yeah this last weekend sucked. If Hillary comes back strong tomorrow (?) and we get some Trump health fuckery tomorrow she just needs to do well until the debates. There is an exceptionally high chance Trump says something monstrously stupid or offensive. And this is probably going to break all sorts of viewership records. I mean seriously it's going to be crazy. I feel like the debate narrative has essentially gone from "haha what are the chances Trump calls Hillary a bitch?" to "the media will say Trump wins no matter what he does!!!". We saw the fuckery at the CIC and the backlash against Lauer. The only reason we didn't see more from that was Hillary deciding to die and get replaced by a body double later!

Of course I could be full of crap! Maybe I should just stay off the internet until the 26th.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

In all seriousness, I have a question: How do many of you have the time to comb through all these articles on a daily basis?

I spend most of the day trawling through Twitter posts to post on here and be mad about

here's one

@randomjournalist Random Journalist 4h2m
Hillary is a BITCH

Can you believe this shit? Holy shit what an idiot.

Zackat

I spend most of the day trawling through Twitter posts to post on here and be mad about

here's one

Hillary is a BITCH

rabblerabblerabble

Crappy political discourse >>>> learning anatomy of legs and arms.

the amount of stuff in arms and legs is astounding. all those little muscles and nerves. never again.

I have to repeat. I don't care if Donald Trump is literally insane or whatever; half of this country would vote for a corpse if you put an R or a D next to it. The statement "Trump isn't Romney" is a point in my favor; the difference between the two is huge, and it doesn't matter.

If people want to keep basically typing that comment over and over again, they're welcome to do so, but it's going to understandably annoy some people. I've typed something similar to this like 3 times today alone. This country is polarized right now. We've all said this for years and years, and for some reason, when evidence of this is clearly presented, people have decided that the polarized talk was a joke or something.

Remember: Literal dog turds would win 45% of the vote if they had an R on the ballot.

Tarkus

here's one

Hillary is a BITCH

Lawd have mercy

You defeated

FATALITY

rabblerabblerabble

the amount of stuff in arms and legs is astounding. all those little muscles and nerves. never again.

Legs aren't that bad, brachial plexus and hands/feet are a mess. Head and neck was worse. I assume neuroanatomy will be ok because I've done research in it and its interesting to me (though all those random regions/areas are definitely made up).

I haven't read a single article in months. I just read the headlines and extrapolate extra information using my intuition. If I'm wrong, someone will correct me, right?

Tarkus

Legs aren't that bad, brachial plexus and hands/feet are a mess. Head and neck was worse. I assume neuroanatomy will be ok because I've done research in it and its interesting to me (though all those random regions/areas are definitely made up).
I never felt more uncomfortable in my life than when I had to demo the shoulder, arm, and hand in anatomy. Never again.

Is there any way that we can just allow five million people from India to immigrate as long as they go to Georgia or Mississippi?

I feel so bad for the black people who have to live under those state governments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom