• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to repeat. I don't care if Donald Trump is literally insane or whatever; half of this country would vote for a corpse if you put an R or a D next to it. The statement "Trump isn't Romney" is a point in my favor; the difference between the two is huge, and it doesn't matter.

If people want to keep basically typing that comment over and over again, they're welcome to do so, but it's going to understandably annoy some people. I've typed something similar to this like 3 times today alone. This country is polarized right now. We've all said this for years and years, and for some reason, when evidence of this is clearly presented, people have decided that the polarized talk was a joke or something.

Remember: Literal dog turds would win 45% of the vote if they had an R on the ballot.

Look, user, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I once said a thing. There, I said it. I said something! And I said it very well. Let me be clear: I am saying something. And I don't care what other people say, because I am going to keep saying that I am saying something.

So let that be said and done.

diablos said:
And then we have outside factors like the DNC getting hacked and the emails thing just. not. dying. Even when you see Colin Powell emails hacked, you better believe it turns a lot of voters off and they probably associate that negative feeling to Hillary and what they thought about that. You don't want to head into the election with stories about hacks and emails and Clinton Foundation stuff, even if it's bullshit, filling the air along with any other problems and unforced errors that come along. Don't forget about the CIC forum, and yes Matt Lauer sucks but he kind of trolled Hillary with unrealistic questions for the setting and he succeeded in that sense.

One thing that's bullshit: Any given scandal from Hillary's past can completely consume the airwaves in an impactful way, with little in the way of a substantial update.

There's no such effect for Trump. It's actually kind of amazing how goldfish-like the average voter's memory is. I seriously worry about people, man. If Americans are this dumb, maybe we deserve this.

I haven't given up hope, though. I fully believe the Democrat machine is holding back a real ship-sinker to drop on Trump in October.

royalan

I've been using the phrase "talk to your base" a lot lately on GAF and irl because it struck me yesterday how long it has been since Hillary has done that.

I mean, think about it.

Hillary spent most of July before and after the convention trying to sway NeverTrump Republicans.

Then she spent most of August with her head down fundraising and campaigning locally.

When was the last time that Hillary, in conjunction with her campaign and surrogates and prominent Dems, hit with a message that seemed tailored to speak to her core support? At least nationally? Where is her outreach to minorities, to young people? Where are the awkward-but-necessary MTV and Breakfast Club interviews? Where is her Verge profile? Her Black Lives Matter roundtable? Her Oprah interview? I'm just shooting shit off the top of my head, but I hope she's got stuff like this lined up.

Contrast this with Trump, who is ALWAYS talking to his base. Even when he makes a show of appealing to minorities, it's done in a way that speaks even louder to his support.

You want your base enthused, keep them enthused.

NeoXChaos

Is there any way that we can just allow five million people from India to immigrate as long as they go to Georgia or Mississippi?

I feel so bad for the black people who have to live under those state governments.

It's not all that bad. You just need 35-40% of the white vote to win statewide here as a Democrat. There's hope for the future if the young millennial whites didn't move out lol.

Crayons

Banned
I've been using the phrase "talk to your base" a lot lately on GAF and irl because it struck me yesterday how long has been since Hillary has done that.

I mean, think about it.

Hillary spent most of July before and after the convention trying to sway NeverTrump Republicans.

Then she spent most of August with her head down fundraising and campaigning locally.

When was the last time that Hillary, in conjunction with her campaign and surrogates and prominent Dems, hit with a message that seemed tailored to speak to her core support? At least nationally? Where is her outreach to minorities, to young people? Where are the awkward-but-necessary MTV and Breakfast Club interviews? Where is her Verge profile? Her Black Lives Matter roundtable? Her Oprah interview? I'm just shooting shit off the top of my head, but I hope she's got stuff like this lined up.

Contrast this with Trump, who is ALWAYS talking to his base. Even when he makes a show of appealing to minorities, it's done in a way that speaks even louder to his support.

I think you're absolutely right, she needs to spend more time making sure her base goes out and votes on election day. It's really futile at this point trying to get republicans. If their mind hasn't been changed at this point, it never will be.

I never felt more uncomfortable in my life than when I had to demo the shoulder, arm, and hand in anatomy. Never again.

What??? You're telling me that you don't recite the spinal level contributions to the brachial plexus and how it splits and reforms and splits and reforms and what each of those nerves contain???

Save me please. Also true pass/fail is a blessing

studyguy

I've been using the phrase "talk to your base" a lot lately on GAF and irl because it struck me yesterday how long it has been since Hillary has done that.

I mean, think about it.

The woman had 3 pressers back to back before she got hit with pneumonia with the press. It was a nice change of pace at least in opening up but I'd wager the shitfest that happened this weekend has taken the wind out of those sails. Maybe she buckles down again from all the criticism, maybe she just gets up and keeps it up but anyway, we'll see.

At some point she needs to be cloned to talk to multiple groups at once since for whatever reason there's always the impression that some group is always being left by the wayside with her.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Trump's base is has comparatively less education than previous Republican compositions, and less education statistically means less turnout all other things being equal. This has traditionally been more of a Dem problem but it's not quite as pronounced this year.

I hope you're right. That particular demographic seems more enthusiastic to vote than anyone the Republicans have put up for a good while.

Look, user, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I once said a thing. There, I said it. I said something! And I said it very well. Let me be clear: I am saying something. And I don't care what other people say, because I am going to keep saying that I am saying something.

So let that be said and done.

Hey, I'll take my own drivel over this rambling!

It's not all that bad. You just need 35-40% of the white vote to win statewide here as a Democrat. There's hope for the future if the young millennial whites didn't move out lol.

Yeah, we need more JBE democrats to run in these states. You barely need any of the white vote to flip in MS. Though, as you allude to, the emigration from these states will kill them. MS is gonna have a population like Japan in a decade.

royalan

The woman had 3 pressers back to back before she got hit with pneumonia with the press. It was a nice change of pace at least in opening up but I'd wager the shitfest that happened this weekend has taken the wind out of those sails. Maybe she buckles down again from all the criticism, maybe she just gets up and keeps it up but anyway, we'll see.

At some point she needs to be cloned to talk to multiple groups at once since for whatever reason there's always the impression that some group is always being left by the wayside with her.

She gave two gaggles and two press conference with Trump being the dominant topic.

What part of that was selling herself to young people and minorities?

Boke1879

Well she's back on the campaign trail tomorrow. What that means? I don't know.

I've maxed out my donations to Hildawg, but if you donate to her campaign, I'll do a matching donation to the Democratic party

kwaVm1R.png

Thanks fam

Crayons

Banned
I maxed primary and GE. :/ Which...I didn't have the money, really.....thank god I gots a mans now to pay for my shit. And he has to BECAUSE he put a ring on it.

I will admit that I have been fortunate to be pretty well-off financially ... but I feel like that makes me particularly obligated to use those resources to support the candidate whose policies will help the less fortunate or privileged (socially / economically) rather than the rich asshole who's only interested in himself.

Obviously, it took a chunk out of my savings, but I figure that if Trump gets elected, anything I was saving for in the future is going to be moot anyway, so this takes priority :p
Wow. That altruism. That's really amazing tbh.
I'll be over here pretending I'm not poor

leroidys

Man, I don't want to make a separate topic for it, and this is the closest thing to a "general US news" thread we have, but I just accidentally started reading about the Victoria Martens case. That's enough internet for today. Fuck this planet.

Debirudog

Sometimes, I'm not really diablosing but more so feeling depressed from this election and the polls. I want Clinton to do great but this sickness issue has been such an unnecessary hassle just when the press is swinging to her favor. Here's hoping she'll get back into her groove quickly.

I'm wondering what Rass will have. Last week they actually showed a decent shift towards Hillary, but I doubt they'd turn down a chance to have Trump +7 or something downright hilarious like that.

I'm wondering what Rass will say. Last week they actually showed a decent shift towards Hillary, but I doubt they'd turn down a chance to have Trump +7 or something downright hilarious like that.
Rass will say SKY FALLING. EARTH OPENING UP. SAN FRANCISCO SWALLOWED BY GAPING MAW OF MOTHER NATURE.

TRUMP +4.

The way you describe them opportunistically displaying a number is pretty disingenuous. Do you think pollsters are sitting at computers tweaking their LV models until the numbers look good enough for their corporate overlords?

AlphaDump

Gold Member
I maxed primary and GE. :/ Which...I didn't have the money, really.....thank god I gots a mans now to pay for my shit. And he has to BECAUSE he put a ring on it.

as a man that just put a ring on it, that doesn't sound cool.

but any donation against trump is a positive.

Rass will say SKY FALLING. EARTH OPENING UP. SAN FRANCISCO SWALLOWED BY GAPING MAW OF MOTHER NATURE.

TRUMP +4.

It'd be kind hilarious if they showed Hillary actually increased since the last time. I was a bit surprised at their last poll, as it showed a Hillary bump when everyone else showed her decreasing.

The way you describe them opportunistically displaying a number is pretty disingenuous. Do you think pollsters are sitting at computers tweaking their LV models until the numbers look good enough for their corporate overlords

I don't know what the heck Rass does with their models, but their shifts to Trump are always exaggerated over what other polls show to the point where they seem to tweak their models to get what they want.

...other than last week for some reason.

So riddle me this...

... when hackers released private and nude photos of celebrities a couple of years ago, anybody who viewed those photos were considered to be victimizing the victims all over again and the media largely avoided posting any of the hacked content.

But Colin Powell just now had all his "private" (not government) emails hacked basically putting all his personal opinions on blast. He is not in any way involved in the current campaigns and he is more or less a private citizen now. So why are dozens of media outlets posting all kinds of excerpts from his private emails that were put out there by Russian hackers? I know many liberal media outlets have gotten a kick out of Colin Powell bashing a bunch of Republicans and Bush admin officials, but the fact is, those were opinions expressed in personal private emails. There's nothing wrong with reporting that his emails got hacked, but there's no need to report and detail the specific contents. That's precisely what the hackers wanted and it just keeps encouraging these foreign entities to hack further into US citizen's private information.

It's a shame the media hasn't shown Colin Powell the same right to privacy that they did Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities who had their personal data hacked.

The difference is that Jennifer Lawrence can sue websites to take down her pictures and Colin Powell is not going to sue for some stupid emails. Also, everyone's already seen them.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So riddle me this...

... when hackers released private and nude photos of celebrities a couple of years ago, anybody who viewed those photos were considered to be victimizing the victims all over again and the media largely avoided posting any of the hacked content.

But Colin Powell just now had all his "private" (not government) emails hacked basically putting all his personal opinions on blast. He is not in any way involved in the current campaigns and he is more or less a private citizen now. So why are dozens of media outlets posting all kinds of excerpts from his private emails that were put out there by Russian hackers? I know many liberal media outlets have gotten a kick out of Colin Powell bashing a bunch of Republicans and Bush admin officials, but the fact is, those were opinions expressed in personal private emails. There's nothing wrong with reporting that his emails got hacked, but there's no need to report and detail the specific contents. That's precisely what the hackers wanted and it just keeps encouraging these foreign entities to hack further into US citizen's private information.

It's a shame the media hasn't shown Colin Powell the same right to privacy that they did Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities who had their personal data hacked.

The difference is probably that his opinion on the race is actually considered news, while JLaw's nudes aren't.

mo60

I have to repeat. I don't care if Donald Trump is literally insane or whatever; half of this country would vote for a corpse if you put an R or a D next to it. The statement "Trump isn't Romney" is a point in my favor; the difference between the two is huge, and it doesn't matter.

If people want to keep basically typing that comment over and over again, they're welcome to do so, but it's going to understandably annoy some people. I've typed something similar to this like 3 times today alone. This country is polarized right now. We've all said this for years and years, and for some reason, when evidence of this is clearly presented, people have decided that the polarized talk was a joke or something.

Remember: Literal dog turds would win 45% of the vote if they had an R on the ballot.

Trump's not going to get 45% of the vote on November 8th. I see no evidence that shows he will get above 45% right now.

Joeytj

Banned
Harry Enten brought up a point about CNN showing obama's approval rating negative in florida and ohio and dan pfeiffer responded to him.
https://twitter.com/danpfeiffer/status/776188180202528769

That's a very good point by Pfeiffer. If CNN's polling methodology is also showing Obama underwater, when there's no indication that's happening or makes sense, then perhaps something ia wrong with them.

This, of course, is major wishful thinking on my part.

I'm getting erect just reading some of these emails. From the WaPo:

imrs.php

Schizo fantasy. Sounds right.

imrs.php

Don't take us for idiots! Just like we took the American public for idiots over the Niger yellowcake.

imrs.php

I am glad most Republicans refer to Hillary surrogates as "minions". Gives the election a very Bram Stoker feel to it.

imrs.php

HILLARY IS BASICALLY A CORPSE.

This election is so full of debauchery

I was wondering if someone here can explain what is currently is going on with the presidential race so far? I'm reading threads in the OT and getting information left and right about what is going on in this race and getting confused and worried at the same time.
Can you help me with this, PoliGAF?

as a man that just put a ring on it, that doesn't sound cool.

but any donation against trump is a positive.

I'm mostly kidding. :p My business is doing well enough, but I've only been working half days because of when the kids get home from school. Just got confirmation yesterday that I got a new client I was trying to get. May actually hire someone at this point.

I was wondering if someone here can explain what is currently is going on with the presidential race so far? I'm reading threads in the OT and getting information left and right about what is going on in this race and getting confused and worried at the same time.

Hillary Died. Don't read PoliGAF. Just check 538 and Upshot once a week.

Clinton had a bad week and is down in the polls but still leading in the national aggregate and still has a pretty solid EV firewall. Objectively, nothing to be especially worried about or elated about until after the first debate. Subjectively, the sky is falling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom