• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have automatic payments set up monthly for Abuela and the Democratic Party. They're small, but they're all I can afford.

I gave all my $27 to Bernie Sanders before he lost me. I wish I had all those $27 back. I gave it to him every time he asked. It seemed so much different back then. Nothing seemed as dire and the risks didn't seem so immense. I was a young fool.

I have automatic payments set up monthly for Abuela and the Democratic Party. They're small, but they're all I can afford.

I gave all my $27 to Bernie Sanders before he lost me. I wish I had all those $27 back. I gave it to him every time he asked. It seemed so much different back then. Nothing seemed as dire and the risks didn't seem so immense. I was a young fool.
Eh, don't feel bad about it. I did the same thing and he definitely helped shift Hillary further left. It was worth a shot and now you're doing the right thing and not being a dumbass Buster, so no harm no foul.

I was wondering if someone here can explain what is currently is going on with the presidential race so far? I'm reading threads in the OT and getting information left and right about what is going on in this race and getting confused and worried at the same time.
Can you help me with this, PoliGAF?

yeah, hillary can't even get people under the age of 40 to volunteer their support in a phone call for a poll. doenst portend well for november.

It's never foolish to support someone you believe in. You found something in Bernie you liked, so push those ideas forward, and then it's totally worth it.

Slizeezyc

yeah, hillary can't even get people under the age of 40 to volunteer their support in a phone call for a poll. doenst portend well for november.

giphy.gif

AndyD

aka andydumi
This is good stuff. From the gender imbalance of the plan to pretending she is unfamiliar with her father's statement. And then she just bails. Hah.
Pretending to never have heard the statement to avoid an answer is a Trump staple. He says it repeatedly when asked about what others say about him, or what happens at his rallies. Even about stuff he said in the past, and then he says he does not remember or says he actually meant something else, and did you hear what Hillary said/did! That said it is a common political deflection tool for many, not just Trump.

It seems like the Trump U stuff might not be as interesting as it seemed:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/15/us/politics/pam-bondi-donald-trump-foundation.html

The Sentinel’s report, which was published on Sept. 13, 2013, paraphrased Ms. Meale’s response and took it a step further, saying that Ms. Bondi’s office would “determine whether Florida should join the multi-state case.” Four days later, a check for $25,000 from the Donald J. Trump Foundation landed in the Tampa office of a political action committee that had been formed to support Ms. Bondi’s 2014 re-election. In mid-October, her office announced that it would not be acting on the Trump University complaints.

The proximate timing of the Sentinel article and Mr. Trump’s donation, and suspicions of a quid pro quo, have driven a narrative that has dogged Mr. Trump and Ms. Bondi for three years. It has intensified during Mr. Trump’s presidential campaign, peaking this month with the filing of ethics complaints, calls for a federal investigation by editorial boards and Democrats in Congress, and a new investigation of Mr. Trump’s foundation by New York regulators.

But documents obtained this week by The New York Times, including a copy of Mr. Trump’s check, at least partly undercut that timeline. Although the check was received by Ms. Bondi’s committee four days after the Sentinel report, and was recorded as such in her financial disclosure filings, it was actually dated and signed by Mr. Trump four days before the article appeared.

The check’s date does not categorically demonstrate that Mr. Trump was not seeking to influence Ms. Bondi, a fellow Republican. Even as he has denied trying to do so in this instance, he has boasted brazenly and repeatedly during his presidential campaign that he has made copious campaign contributions over the past two decades, including to Hillary Clinton and other Democrats, in order to buy access and consideration for his business dealings.

I am making a pact to not check this website for the next week. I won't check polls or anything. Well see how things are in 168 hours.

Okay. Ready, start.

mo60

Harry Enten just posted this. I'm pretty sure this is what 2016 will look like, plus Allegheny and maybe another county or two:

http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/state.php?fips=42&year=2002&f=0&off=5&elect=1

Are you saying hilary will win PA by 13 points or are you saying she will obliterate trump in the SE corner and maybe win a random county or two in the NE corner of the state and beat trump by over 10 points there.Anyway trump is screwed in PA if he fails to win the Philly suburbs.

Holmes

Harry Enten just posted this. I'm pretty sure this is what 2016 will look like, plus Allegheny and maybe another county or two:

http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/state.php?fips=42&year=2002&f=0&off=5&elect=1
Mmm... this is a Democratic primary though. No way will Clinton get 80%+ in the Philly burbs, even if she crushes it. But the map might look like that yeah (excluding margins) with Allegheny, Erie, Lackawanna, Monroe and Luzerne going Democratic, and maaaaaaaybe Dauphin but probably not.

Are you saying hilary will win PA by 13 points or are you saying she will obliterate trump in the SE corner and maybe win a random county or two in the NE corner of the state and beat trump by over 10 points there.Anyway trump is screwed in PA if he fails to win the Philly suburbs.

Mmm... this is a Democratic primary though. No way will Clinton get 80%+ in the Philly burbs, even if she crushes it. But the map might look like that yeah (excluding margins) with Allegheny, Erie, Lackawanna, Monroe and Luzerne going Democratic, and maaaaaaaybe Dauphin but probably not.

I'm saying this is what the map will look like.

kess

I still think Clinton pulls out Lackawanna and possibly Luzerne, even though there is strong anti-immigrant tendency in that region. The Scranton metropolitan area strongly voted for Clinton during the primaries. If she betters 2012, that brings into play Berks, Chester, Erie, Centre and Monroe.

The 2012 precinct map of PA is pretty funny. All the liiiiiitle tiny red specs all over the state are pretty amazing (red in this case is Obama).

pe2012PA_Town_Lg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom