• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, I'm a little confused as to what's wrong with a rally and a fundraiser, especially her first day back on the trail? Do you guys want two rallies, or am I missing something else?

I agree.

Not with "isn't looking good" part (she's still on track to win), but the rally and the fundraiser. Hillary is making the safest, most predictable, and thus most easy-to-ignore moves, and she needs to shake that up.

Luckily, this is her first major appearance and speech since her health incident so people will be paying more attention than usual. Make it count, Hill. I don't want to hear a single "temperamentally unfit..."

For fuck's sake, she campaigned harder against Bernie.

I better hope she get's it in gear next week or things might get much worse.

Suffolk University Ohio Poll Shows Trump Edging Clinton by 3 Points
Republican Donald Trump leads Democrat Hillary Clinton by 3 points in Ohio, according to a Suffolk University poll of likely voters in a state considered highly significant to the outcome of the presidential election.
Trump (42 percent) led Clinton (39 percent) in a statistical dead heat, with Libertarian Gary Johnson (4 percent), Green Party nominee Jill Stein (1 percent) and Richard Duncan, a non-party candidate certified on the Ohio ballot, at 1 percent and 12 percent undecided.

“Donald Trump is moving the dial among those who think of themselves as independents,” said David Paleologos, director of the Suffolk University Research Center in Boston. “Continued movement among independents could give Trump a bigger edge overall.”
About four out of five self-identified Democrats or Republicans favored their-party’s candidate, but among independent voters Trump led 43 percent to 16 percent, with Johnson at 10 percent and 25 percent undecided. In a Suffolk University July poll of Ohio voters, Trump and Clinton were tied among independents at 34 percent each. When voters of all parties were considered in that poll, Clinton led Trump 43 percent to 39 percent, with Johnson receiving 5 percent and Stein 1 percent.

Demographic trends

Among women, Clinton led Trump 45 percent to 35 percent but trailed the GOP nominee among men with 32 percent to Trump’s 49 percent. Trump carried white voters 50 percent to 31 percent, but minority voters preferred Clinton, 65 percent to Trump’s 10 percent, with 17 percent undecided. Among gun owner households in Ohio, Trump led Clinton 51 percent to 32 percent but trailed Clinton among likely voters without guns, 46 percent to 33 percent.
Changing perception of outcome

The poll revealed a significant shift in response to the question of who voters thought would ultimately be elected, regardless of their personal preferences. During the past four weeks Clinton held a roughly 20-point advantage over Trump on this question in the battleground states of Iowa, Nevada, Michigan, and North Carolina, where, despite close races, voters were saying that Clinton would ultimately win. In the Ohio poll, Clinton’s advantage was 8 points, 45 percent to 37 percent, with 18 percent not sure.
“After resting for a few days, Hillary Clinton’s absence from the political fray may have hurt the perception that she would easily win in November,” said Paleologos, noting Clinton’s recent pneumonia diagnosis.
Ohio voters said that the number one issue facing the next president is terrorism and national security (24 percent), followed by jobs/economy (22 percent), illegal immigration (8 percent), choosing Supreme Court nominees (8 percent), health care (6 percent), and reducing the national debt (4 percent).

U.S. Senate race
In Ohio’s U.S. Senate race, Republican incumbent Rob Portman (39 percent) led Democrat Ted Strickland (31 percent), with independents Scott Rupert and Tom Connors at 2 percent, Green Party nominee Joseph DeMare with 1 percent, and 23 percent undecided.

http://www.suffolk.edu/academics/10740.php

HylianTom

Banned
Enten said it.

Time to Diablos.
Makes sense that she's sending Warren and Bernie there. Consistent with her team being worried about the state.

Food for thought, I also looked something up from 2008:
Polling behavior after certain events in September & October:
tpm02.gif

Boke1879

Wait, I'm a little confused as to what's wrong with a rally and a fundraiser, especially her first day back on the trail? Do you guys want two rallies, or am I missing something else?

Yea I'm not sure what's wrong with it. She needs to focus on her policies and optimisim at this NC rally though. Aside from that then doing a fundraiser isn't bad.

Tomorrow Michelle speaks right? It would be nice if Clinton popped up there and made a surprise visit.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The Virginia poll getting that close is by far the worst news of the day.

Yea I'm not sure what's wrong with it. She needs to focus on her policies and optimisim at this NC rally though. Aside from that then doing a fundraiser isn't bad.

Tomorrow Michelle speaks right? It would be nice if Clinton popped up there and made a surprise visit.

Fund Raisers don't get out your message. Rallies do.

Trump still has a very challenging path to 270, but Hillary is just dragging to the finish if she doesn't change direction.

P.S.: I think private polls show less volatility, but perception is important.

The Virginia poll getting that close is by far the worst news of the day.

Their LV screen also didn't include anyone who didn't vote in 2012, which is highly unusual and my least favorite screen (just ask if they're going to vote and if they say yes, use them). It's probably a bit bigger than that.

Teggy

We need the debate now. I'm reading the things Trump is saying in his current speech and it's just lie upon lie. Not even half truths, just flat our lies. He "spent a lot of time in Flint". The country has "no growth". Hillary is "only offering a welfare check". It's so frustrating to see this.

And that one rally represents the sum total of your national exposure for the day while your opponent is doing rallies and interviews a-go-go, it's a goddamn problem.

Trump still has a very challenging path to 270, but Hillary is just dragging to the finish if she doesn't change direction.

Clinton's team got complacent after the Trump self destruction with the Khan controversy. I think someone on twitter even said at that time, while it may be fine to let the focus be on Trump when he is doing absolute shit if it turns around you run into trouble. And that is exactly what has happened.

Why didn't he just release a letter like that back when he first ran? That reads pretty much just like any other candidate's letter and is in line with what is "normal" for an election.

And it doesn't seem like it was hard for him to release it. Instead he put out a weird letter that had typos and seemed super fake and had issues with phrasing that no doctor would ever use.

I'm sure the campaign wrote the first letter and just had him sign it.

Is he lying about weight?

thebloo

Wait, are we actually going "more rallies is better" after the constant belittling of Romney and Bernie?

What the hell are you guys on?

We need the debate now. I'm reading the things Trump is saying in his current speech and it's just lie upon lie. Not even half truths, just flat our lies. He "spent a lot of time in Flint". The country has "no growth". Hillary is "only offering a welfare check". It's so frustrating to see this.

We simply do not travel through spacetime fast enough to address the concerns in the posts this morning. This thread is expanding faster than the universe.

Wait, are we actually going "more rallies is better" after the constant belittling of Romney and Bernie?

What the hell are you guys on?

Yeah, I dunno. Probably more media exposure is better, but I don't think that necessarily needs to manifest in rallies, since that's not her strong suit.

Remember just last week when everyone was happy, Trump made a fool of himself in the forum thing, Hillary was ramping up campaigning, the media was swinging in her favor.

Those were the days

Having a month of scandal and being invisible, only to have your re-emergence marred by health issues that become another scandal is going to cause problems.

It's still her race to lose and I'm hoping to see an enthusiastic return to form today. The next week is going to be pretty important, but I think her being a bit of a conceptual underdog in some ways is good for her.

Clinton's campaign will not let itself sniff their own shit and call it a good cut of beef.

This is not going to be Romney 2.0 where their internals show magical numbers.

If you see movement in Virginia, then the race has gotten tighter and their own numbers obviously show it.

They seem more concerned about Ohio, because rightfully that is Trump's only path to victory. If they can prevent Ohio from going Trump, it's GG no matter what happens on election night.

Virginia/PA is the canyons where Trump is forced into a valley to advance his troops. You take Ohio or Florida, and that is practically dropping giant boulders into the valley and trapping him in with no way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom