• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo60

At least the good thing is trump has never lead in literally 99% of the national polling aggregates or EV simulators. It's worrying that Hilary is not beating him by a considerable margin in national polls right now, but at the same time trump never seems to get enough momentum to lead nationally unlike Stephen Harper and the CPC in last years federal election in Canada who were leading at points nationally slightly but ended up losing by a considerable margin.

kirblar

At least the good thing is trump has never lead in literally 99% of the national polling aggregates or EV simulators. It's worrying that Hilary is not beating him by a considerable margin in national polls right now, but at the same time trump never seems to get enough momentum to lead nationally unlike Stephen Harper in last years federal election in Canada.
Yup.

starmud

I just can't see Iowa swinging that far away that fast... though I do think it's been tie worthy with a trump lean... a few point trump lead wouldn't shock me.

Overall I'm concerned about Iowa and Ohio. Which feels odd to say because NC feels more plausible with all of the state issues. Ohio has become more republican friendly since 2012 though. Obama and Hillary need to hit Ohio.

As much as I want to worry about Nevada too, i can't see turnout being that low for Clinton where it counts.

The swings so far seem to be localized with a reason.

Seeing the few red states still hold close for Clinton, shows there's a large part of the electorate still voting against the idea of trump.

Hillary is obviously having a bigger than thought struggle with rural and some white suburbs. some voting blocks are going home to the republican and will present a challenge for her.

Dierce

OK, I now believe that Clinton's 'deplorable' comment was a miscalculation. It didn't help to rally her base, instead it made orange turd's base more enthusiastic for supporting their conman.

At this point I really don't know what the Clinton campaign can do. They are facing the most unqualified person running for the most powerful job in the world and many still don't care. I doubt the debates will change anyone's mind.

At least the good thing is trump has never lead in literally 99% of the national polling aggregates or EV simulators. It's worrying that Hilary is not beating him by a considerable margin in national polls right now, but at the same time trump never seems to get enough momentum to lead nationally unlike Stephen Harper in last years federal election in Canada.
I agree.

Clinton has let things get away from her, but not to a point where I think she's actually losing. If the election were held today I think her firewall would hold pretty well and she'd win a few states besides (NV, NC, FL).

I think she'll turn this around and open up a firm lead post-debates.

Wilsongt

Diablosing all up in this thread right now. Ya'll need to take a deep breath, or start locally trying to rally support for Dying Killary'a campaign.

According to some of ya'll, it's like her campaign is in shambled and on it's last leg.

One things the debates will do is show people she is "OK". That is already a win for her on it. The other part is making Trump look stupid. Non of the RNC people were able to do that...obviously stupid cant make stupid look stupid...but hey, its still a code that hasn't been cracked. Well, I take it back, most of the country knows him to be basically horrible on the issues. I do, though, think he probably has a lot more prep down for it now though. He either though will keep the same style, or he was just watering it down for the dumb RNC debates.

Or, the debates will just be Punk vs Gall.

kirblar

I agree.

Clinton has let things get away from her, but not to a point where I think she's actually losing. If the election were held today I think her firewall would hold pretty well and she'd win a few states besides (NV, NC, FL).

I think she'll turn this around and open up a firm lead post-debates.
This.

Liberals don't really have experience playing with the big stack at the table, and it shows.

Boke1879

I don't think more rallies are the cause of anything.

Trump always held more rallies since the start of this whole thing and it never truly helped him.

Last week Clinton was doing great. With the press and more visible. Unfortunately health issues sidetracked her for a few days. This weekend she needs to make herself as visible as possible.

Who wants to see a good poll?

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/dccc-poll-shows-tightening-race-minnesotas-3rd-district

Terri Bonoff (D) leading Rep. Erik Paulsen (R) 40-38 in a poll commissioned by the DCCC.

Lots of undecideds but the DCCC mentioned her numbers turned around after releasing an ad that tied Paulsen to Trump and that Dems lead the generic ballot here by 9.

Paulsen came out with a poll that had him up 26 which seemed too gaudy to be true, although I was still picturing a 10-point race or so. Come on Terri!

kingkitty

Remember, the election isn't ending tomorrow. Watch some Netflix instead of panicking (or volunteer with the campaign).

I'm gonna eat a sandwich.

studyguy

Also disagree that the Trump rallies alone helped him earlier on. Mostly it was virtually all the media across the board airing his rallies live free of commentary that did more to push him.

Are they helping him as much now? Eh. I don't see them in particular as being the drivers for his bumps as much as Clinton tumbling this week herself.

Sidebar from the panicking (won't use that one term):

Ever since Bannon came on board, notice the lack of inside scuttlebutt? Either some leakers got fired, or got scared.

Also, Trump's been waaaay better about making attacks that land as opposed to casting about.

I think despite being a huge negative himself, Bannon can be credited for whatever success Trump is having right now. And I hate that.

Trump's hatred of the environmental and farm regulations is just legendary:

CsaIqgYWEAAw7QU.jpg

He's a true Republican with this simply nuclear take.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Clinton's campaign is being run by Obama's crew, with Obama's infrastructure.

Chiiiiil

Worst case, and I do mean worst case, Clinton is POTUS and they fail to take the senate.

This is complete foolishness. You better believe Hillary's team isn't thinking this way right now, and neither should voters.

Sidebar from the panicking (won't use that one term):

Ever since Bannon came on board, notice the lack of inside scuttlebutt? Either some leakers got fired, or got scared.

Also, Trump's been waaaay better about making attacks that land as opposed to casting about.

I think despite being a huge negative himself, Bannon can be credited for whatever success Trump is having right now. And I hate that.

Ailes, Bannon, and Conway all came on at the same time so it's hard to tell which one made the difference.

Of course, all three are the worst people in the world.

thebloo

Ailes, Bannon, and Conway all came on at the same time so it's hard to tell which one made the difference.

Of course, all three are the worst people in the world.

I'm gonna guess Conway. I don't see those 2 guys keeping him quiet during the health days.

To above: i know the phrase. I don't get its meaning here. The party that won 4/6 of the last Presidentials does know how to play.

This thread is now the pee corner.

5zEmBVF.gif

Yeesh.

The Wang said:
The Presidential forecast [methods] takes a low-noise snapshot of state polls, then adds possible drift based on recent elections and this year. Because of intense polarization, few voters are movable. The calculation says that Clinton’s win probability is 90%. The Senate forecast does the same [methods], but also factors in Presidential-year or midterm-year bias. It says that Democrats’+Independents’ probability of taking control is 72%, which is in the 20-80% range, meaning that things could really go either way. Other forecasts tend to count uncertainties twice, or to overestimate how movable voters are. Other forecasts are also under commercial pressure to attract eyeballs.

Still, the comment section is still peppered with anxious questions about Clinton’s chances. Honestly, some liberals can be total ninnies. You don’t see the conservatives in hysterics…though actually, here is their version of a meltdown. I take it back. You go.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
this camera set up at this Trump economic question-taking thing is hilarious with a disembodied Mike Pence bust having reactions

iammeiam

Trump doing a Q&A at the Economic Club of New York. They ask him about how he'd make staffing decisions in the government and after rambling about how you'd hire the same way you do a business, he moves on to how we're too PC and then how this is the last election ever/Supreme Court/we're gonna be Venezuela, and now he's talking about rally crowd sizes.

Watching him answer a simple direct question is the best reason for why debates with him need a moderator.

He's now turning a question about which industries would benefit from his economic policies into a rant about ISIS killing people and waterboarding.

Edit: Asked what he'd want the Fed to do with interest rates, just bitches about how Obama has politicized the Fed and they're keeping interest rates low for political reasons.

He answered like... zero of the questions they asked that I watched.

When your opponent does 3 rallies a day it's an issue.

She should do like 6 a day! Plus weekends!

Wait, are we actually going "more rallies is better" after the constant belittling of Romney and Bernie?

What the hell are you guys on?

Ain't it something?

Okay that's probably enough of this thread for the day. See you guys after the debates.

Same. I really am so thankful I wasn't in this thread for the 2012 election. Christ that would be so annoying.

I'm gonna guess Conway. I don't see those 2 guys keeping him quiet during the health days.

To above: i know the phrase. I don't get its meaning here. The party that won 4/6 of the last Presidentials does know how to play.

I think Conway is just Surrogate Prime and doesn't really manage the campaign as such.

Dierce

I want to see Clinton absolutely humiliate this dumb fuck. I don't care what the optics say afterwards. Show him for what he truly is to millions of people on live television and if they support him out of pity then fuck them.

this 2012 Poligaf thread must have people on suicide-watch.

I was pretty panicky too back then.

I think people are on edge because the stakes in this election are the highest they've ever been in our life time. We're looking at potentially the single worst disaster of a presidency this country has ever had. On top of him winning validating white supremacists and setting back racial issues by generations. We're looking at people's lives being turned upside down. Their marriage invalidated. Their children taken away. There's also a unique opportunity this time around to really make a difference in the Supreme Court.

It's also hard to settle down from going from +8, and talking about hard red states being in play, to +2 with the potential to actually lose a couple swing states.

Grief.exe

I think people are on edge because the stakes in this election are the highest they've ever been in our life time. We're looking at potentially the single worst disaster of a presidency this country has ever had. On top of him winning validating white supremacists and setting back racial issues by generations. We're looking at people's lives being turned upside down. Their marriage invalidated. Their children taken away. There's also a unique opportunity this time around to really make a difference in the Supreme Court.

It's also hard to settle down from going from +8, and talking about hard red states being in play, to +2 with the potential to actually lose a couple swing states.

The Supreme Court is no joke. I'm reading this book right now, which details a supposedly uneventful conservative Supreme Court, but with just small rulings they were able to completely eviscerate defendant protections under the 4th, 5th, and 6th Amendments as well as completely change the path of equal opportunities in schooling post Brown v Board that are still broken to this day.

All that and I'm only half way through the book.

Clinton Supreme Court will likely balance the scales again on things like Roe v Wade and the Voting Rights Act that have been disrupted during Scalia's tenure.

�� this �� isn't �� how �� voting �� works ��

@ggreenwald 7m7 minutes ago
Glenn Greenwald Retweeted Asher Schechter
Right. It's the job of a party and candidate to convince people to support them. It's not an entitlement

and glenn wonders why his policies are never enacted

Also, Jacobin throws minorities under the bus example #45

Connor KilpatrickVerified account
‏@ckilpatrick
If you are not a millionaire and couldn't get behind Sanders, it's possible you're a spineless cretin with a dismal outlook on the world.

Bowdz

Damn, that Kander ad I straight fire. That is the way you sell background checks to American's writ large (even though they already have massive support in the country).

The Clinton campaign needs to cut ads with Bernie and Obama with them talking to the camera about why they support Clinton. Have Bernie say he supports Clinton because they worked together on a debt free college plan, will fight for single payer healthcare, and opposes the TPP.

Deplorables comment uniting republicans. "We're not deplorables! We'll show you by voting for a deplorable person!". She needs to attack the mindset and alt-right, but never his main voting base. It may be true, but it's overgeneralized and offensive. It's a 47% comment.

Meanwhile, democrats are asleep still yammering about Bernie this and terrible candidate that, with no real reasoning for their stance. When polls look bleak and the debates show her resilience and his ineptitude, I think the attitude will change (for the most part).

If the polls are like this 2-3 weeks out from the election, it's time to panic. For now, just settle into the swings promulgated by the media for those sweet clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom