• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hillary looks and sounds good. Extremely mixed feelings on that outfit though. This sounds so odd to listen to after almost a week of no speeches compared to Trump's voice being stuck in my head.

Polling millennials has to be such a pain. Even back in 2004 pollsters started running into the problem of people without landlines and the number does nothing but grow. Plus, we're less likely to even pick up the phone at all.

I talked with my parents about Pepe over dinner tonight. Kill me. The internet was a mistake. Damn you, Maddow.

Wtf?

Really judging her outfit?

SexyFish

Banned
I think her coming off her days of rest did her good. These speeches today seem to be hitting harder personally. (Maybe I'm imagining it.)

Joeytj

Banned
She needs to stop playing DOnald Trumps game.
She needs to get on message and stay there.

She is just only getting to Trump. I've been seeing the speech from the beginning and she started very strong and with an excellent pro-Hispanic and immigrant speech.

Maxim726X

She's starting off strong now, and the narrative seems to be that she is back, well rested and ready for action, which is a good narrative to have.

Tbh, I think the next few weeks until the debate will be kind of quiet, and Hillary will slowly drift back up to where she was polling last week once Democrats realize she isn't dying and stop panicking and start being enthusiastic about voting again

You may be right. I still have faith in her and her campaign. This certainly isn't her first rodeo.

Diablos

is it really that bad

Isn't her lead in PA still pretty good
Hillary is not losing here in PA, win or lose the election, telling you right now. Worry about true swing states please.

Definitely

edit: Wow, the RCP average was only 4.0 on Election Day but he won by 9.5!

In early September, Romney was 2 points behind Obama in MI

Even though he won it by 10, he wasn't really polling higher than 5 or 6 the entire time.
Oh, cool.

Now we have to ask: how much of that is the polling just being bogus and how much was Obama's formidable campaigning and turnout machine that made it so much stronger in the end?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

Al Gore is one of the worst ideas for a new Clinton surrogate going. He's the male version of Hillary - uncharismatic policy wonk who struggled with enthusiasm and millenials. She may as well just campaign herself if she's going to start dredging Gore up, he just doesn't cover any bases she doesn't already have.

Hillary is not losing here in PA, win or lose the election, telling you right now. Worry about true swing states please.

Oh, cool.

Now we have to ask: how much of that is the polling just being bogus and how much was Obama's formidable campaigning and turnout machine that made it so much stronger in the end?

Michigan polling in general is bad. It's just not a swing state so no one ever cares.

Also that was a really good speech. Better than earlier today for sure, which was fine.

Al Gore is one of the worst ideas for a new Clinton surrogate going. He's the male version of Hillary - uncharismatic policy wonk who struggled with enthusiasm and millenials. She may as well just campaign herself if she's going to start dredging Gore up, he just doesn't cover any bases she doesn't already have.

He's a cautionary tale of third party voting

He's super vanilla (to a fault), so there's no real harm in having him help if he wants

Joeytj

Banned

Oh, cool.

Now we have to ask: how much if that is the polling just being bogus and how much was Obama's formidable campaigning and turnout machine that made it so much stronger in the end?

A bit of both. 2012 polling was still trying to figure out the Internet and cellphones, and Obama had a very strong ground game.

But yeah, nobody knew that about the polls back then and also took them at face value. From the perspective of 2012, the polls were as accurate as ever and everybody worked around that idea.

Although the Obama campaign supposedly always knew the race was in Obama's hands from the beginning, having data crunchers that predicted the outcome to an even more exact degree than Nate Silver.

Darkgran

Fucking hell, America, she's so much fucking better than Trump. JUST LISTEN.

I agree.

But..

The latest attack on her health was brilliant.

They failed at Benghazi, they failed at her emails. But her health was a perfect thing to attack. Clinton has a couple of coughing episodes and the seed is planted further. They were just hoping for something to happen (they know the camera is on her 24-7) and boom she has trouble at the WTC. She recovers but the damage is done.

They now have the nation questioning whether or not she is healthy.

Really pisses me off..

A bit of both. 2012 polling was still trying to figure out the Internet and cellphones, and Obama had a very strong ground game.

But yeah, nobody knew that about the polls back then and also took them at face value. From the perspective of 2012, the polls were as accurate as ever and everybody worked around that idea.

Although the Obama campaign supposedly always knew the race was in Obama's hands from the beginning, having data crunchers that predicted the outcome to an even more exact degree than Nate Silver.

the looks of online polls and the number of land line polls still being done, it looks like, 4 years later, they still haven't really figured out this whole technology stuff.

Hopefully those number crunchers still work for Obama and are being used by Hillary

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
He's a cautionary tale of third party voting

He's super vanilla (to a fault), so there's no real harm in having him help if he wants

I suppose he is the ghost of Democrats past. He can probably rattle the chains he forged in defeat at millennials and encourage them to vote for Tiny Tim Clinton, I'm just not sure how effective it will be.

I suppose he is the ghost of Democrats past. He can probably rattle the chains he forged in defeat at millennials and encourage them to vote for Tiny Tim Clinton, I'm just not sure how effective it will be.

Too bad he shaved the wicked beard

His well known environmental activism should help with some young people, as well, especially Green voters. Did you know, at one point, Al Gore owned a TV station that featured the Young Turks on it as a show? Pretty weird looking back at what they ended up becoming.

There's no harm in it, and a lot of the people he's trying to appeal to were like 3 years old when he ran for president. Or maybe I'm just optimistic because I like Al Gore.

Diablos

Yo guys who's this crazy latina blonde on CNN?
They had to cut them both off 😂😂😂

Why can't Hillary have those data crunchers? Come on Bams give us the secret recipe, you can't run again!

For these MI polls compared to 2012 are they polling cell phones more adequately? Not sure why I'm so obsessed with this

Too bad he shaved the wicked beard

His well known environmental activism should help with some young people, as well, especially Green voters.

There's no harm in it, and a lot of the people he's trying to appeal to were like 3 years old when he ran for president.

I think history has vindicated Al Gore and he'll be a net positive. Sure he's boring, etc but he was one of (if not the first l) voices to bring global warming to the forefront in the early 2000s and while it was treated as a cooky thing then, the non-believers are a small minority that would never vote Clinton anyways.

I think history has vindicated Al Gore and he'll be a net positive. Sure he's boring, etc but he was one of (if not the first l) voices to bring global warming to the forefront in the early 2000s and while it was treated as a cooky thing then, the non-believers are a small minority that would never vote Clinton anyways.

He also may be the father of the Dank Meme. One of the first major politicians to embrace this new fangled "ARPANET" thing back in the 80s and helped grow the Internet.

There's a lot to Al Gore that can appeal to young people.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
They had to cut them both off 😂😂😂

Why can't Hillary have those data crunchers? Come on Bams give us the secret recipe, you can't run again!

For these MI polls compared to 2012 are they polling cell phones more adequately? Not sure why I'm so obsessed with this

Hillary has all of the crunchers

thefro

0KNk4gf.jpg

What if it's badass Wolfman/Lumberjack Gore?

A lot of people here ask "why are you watching CNN? It's awful!" And they have a perfectly reasonable argument, of course.

For me, I grew up with CNN being the only cable news. It's what I watched the 2000 election coverage on. It's what I watched on 9/11. That last one is possibly most important. On top of "where were you on 9/11?" a lot of people can specifically recall what network they watched coverage on.

CNN also reminds me a little of wrasslin'. 99% of the time it might be garbage, but that other 1% of the time it's soooooo so good you'd feel bad if you missed it. Feels great watching stuff like that Blitzer interview with Pence live, even if all the panels the whole day had been awful. Watching the crew break out into a drunken "Sweet Caroline" in the background was awesome after the entire DNC week of forced "both sides" commentary and is my favorite media moment this year.

Maybe he can take back "inventor of the internet" like Obama has taken "thanks Obama" back.

He always should have. It was so easy for him to spin that into a positive. It's not like it's even that much of a lie, other than he literally didn't invent the Internet, but he did help it grow into what it is now.

0KNk4gf.jpg

What if it's badass Wolfman/Lumberjack Gore?

Who would have guessed that, despite being roughly the same age, it would be Al that aged better than Bill.

He always should have. It was so easy for him to spin that into a positive. It's not like it's even that much of a lie, other than he literally didn't invent the Internet, but he did help it grow into what it is now.

Who would have guessed that, despite being roughly the same age, it would be Al that aged better than Bill.

Pretty sure that's an old picture. Gore 2016:

0812_al_gore_cog.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom