• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me, everyone believes it's your hair. Even the cheapest toupee would look better than whatever you got going on up there now.
I don't want to be that guy, but I am actually afraid that Trump might get a haircut and it would vastly improve his image.

lHUdJu8.jpg

Better to get this Birther stuff out of the way now, instead of hoping it will be a silver bullet in the debates.

I don't want to be that guy, but I am actually afraid that Trump might get a haircut and it would vastly improve his image.

His current haircut is probably 60% of his brand/net worth. If he never ran, he would be remembered as That Rich Guy With The Hair. Why abandon his legacy?

Diablos

Jimmy Fallon can't interview politicians. He's not a stellar interviewer period, but he's particularly bad with politicians, except Chris Christie for some reason. Believe me, you don't want to see Fallon trying to push hard questions on Trump. It would be a spectacular failure.

Trump is so petty. Like, if the issue was put to bed in 2011 why didn't he formally declare it back then? For fuck's sake. So blatantly political but he doesn't care because he knows how dumb his base is along with some lingering lemmings who are undecided.

Fallon been corny since day 1,.

He also understands late-night comedy better than anyone else doing it. Nobody is staying up late to watch political jokes, and they definitely aren't interested in seeing canned interviews that are basically ads for movies.

Fallon's "game night" thing gets some flak online, but literally the only reason to watch a late-night talk show is to see celebrities act like normal people.

Fuck Trump, and his supporters though. While I understand why Fallon couldn't snatch Trump's hairpiece right there, it would have been glorious to see.

iammeiam

I think my favorite part is that this isn't even a statement signed by Trump. It's not statement from Trump, but from the campaign. He can't even bring himself to sign his name to a thing admitting he's changing a previous position.

Also people now need to ask him if he can also bring closure to the mystery of his tax returns, as he's clearly the only one capable of forcing people to provide unnecessary documentation.

Diablos

He also understands late-night comedy better than anyone else doing it. Nobody is staying up late to watch political jokes, and they definitely aren't interested in seeing canned interviews that are basically ads for movies.

Fallon's "game night" thing gets some flak online, but literally the only reason to watch a late-night talk show is to see celebrities act like normal people.

Fuck Trump, and his supporters though. While I understand why Fallon couldn't snatch Trump's hairpiece right there, it would have been glorious to see.
Ever since I saw him do Late Night I knew he was going to be a star. He redefined what a Late Night show can be. He's better with the jokes, impressions, games, skits etc. etc. His interviews are more spontaneous in nature and it's not his strongest suit, but it really doesn't matter, you can get that pretty much anywhere else.

From the clip that I saw, Fallon also offered Trump to mess his hair, forgetting momentarily that Trump is a germaphobe and wouldn't dare stick his tiny baby hand in that.

That statement is all kinds of terrible in all kinds of ways. The fact that TRUMP hasn't said it is the problem. Not that his campaign can release a statement. Until the words leave his lips, I think this will fuel them to hold onto it.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

2011?

Trump in 2012:

"... I'm very honored to have gotten him to release his long firm birth certificate..... Or whatever it may be"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2012/oct/25/donald-trump-obama-records-video
US tycoon Donald Trump says he will offer $5m to charity if President Barack Obama releases his college and passport records. Trump made the announcement in this video published on YouTube and released via his Twitter and Facebook pages on Wednesday. He says Obama is the least transparent president in history
--

From his twitter account:

Aug of 2012
An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/232572505238433794?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
--
Dec of 2013
How amazing, the State Health Director who verified copies of Obama’s “birth certificate” died in plane crash today. All others lived
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/411247268763676673?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

HylianTom

Banned
I've seen a few members of the press on Twitter saying that they want to hear Trump himself say this, rather than this coming from a statement released via his spokesman.

Diablos

What a gross statement to make
...but do you all see what's happening? Guess what's not being talked about now? Hillary's speech that was meant to get her back on even footing after a terrible, terrible weekend.

So you had Trump doing his thing in NH taking his good old time while Hillary had to wait for him to finish, then Hillary made her speech, then we had to endure the talking heads shouting a whole lot of nothing for some time and then BOOM he releases this after a commercial break.

What's going to get more coverage tomorrow morning? At best, it will be a draw, and that still does more damage to Hillary right now.

Trump is a shitstain but he's good at this. Fucker.

Joeytj

Banned

I don't know what to feel. Anger? Laughter? Depression?

The worst thing about this is that the media will be too afraid to call him a fucking liar, and Hillary will have to defend herself. Hope Obama also calls him out.

He's even too cowardly to say it himself, and makes his campaign release a statement that he "believes" Obama was born in the U.S.

And that he was the one to "put this ugly Hillary smear to rest".

A bunch of news alerts just came in, all of them quoting "believes" in the news alerts.

I hope to god they ridicule him for blaming Hillary for this, although I don't doubt that younger voters who don't remember the 2008 campaign will believe the lie that Hillary somewhat started the birther movement, and then the media will have to cover that false "debate", further sowing doubt about Hillary's character.

UGH

johnsmith

remember me
...but do you all see what's happening? Guess what's not being talked about now? Hillary's speech that was meant to get her back on even footing after a terrible, terrible weekend.

So you had Trump doing his thing in NH taking his good old time while Hillary had to wait for him to finish, then Hillary made her speech, then we had to endure the talking heads shouting a whole lot of nothing for some time and then BOOM he releases this after a commercial break.

What's going to get more coverage tomorrow morning? At best, it will be a draw, and that still does more damage to Hillary right now.

Trump is a shitstain but he's good at this. Fucker.

Calm down man. Birtherism is not something that's in Trump's benefit to be back in the news, even if he does finally admit he was wrong
which he's not going to do anyway judging by that statement

Diablos

Wow. That statement is beyond pale. I don't really have a lot of words besides visceral, seething anger.

It's brilliant politically speaking.

-Moves Trump away from it so he can focus on other things during the stump and coming debate
-Makes Democrats have to waste time begging him to say it himself
-Takes away from anything positive in the cycle for Hillary

edit: Not freaking out. Are you freaking out? Do you just see me post when something undesirable happens and it's like therapy to tell me to calm down when I already am?

Dierce

I've seen a few members of the press on Twitter saying that they want to hear Trump himself say this, rather than this coming from a statement released via his spokesman.

He will say it, during the debate. They are using this a way to upstage anything Clinton does during it. The headlines will then read 'Trump personally admits to Obama being born in the US during debate."

Diablos

He will say it, during the debate. They are using this a way to upstage anything Clinton does during it. The headlines will then read 'Trump personally admits to Obama being born in the US during debate."
Which would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

I can see it now... "TRUMP ADMITS WHAT THE VAST MAJORITY OF AMERICANS ALREADY KNOW; SHOWS DISCIPLINE DURING DEBATE"

I really hope he refuses so this shit makes it to the debates. Even though I think Hillary will still bring it up because why not right? This was Trumps reality for a very long time.

I have to admit bannon and co were a great pick up. They've mastered the say racist things claim you didn't then attack the media as lyers.

He knows how much the media won't call it out and enables them to move ever farther right while still being "mainstream". The media is a failure in this country.

Diablos

Kasich about to endorse Clinton?
Nice try.

Joe Biden is bringing me Dunkin Donuts tomorrow before work.

It's disappointing that Kasich won't do the right thing. My only thought is he's hoping she will win but so that he can run against her in 2020.
If he endorses now, that becomes practically impossible.

It's brilliant politically speaking.

-Moves Trump away from it so he can focus on other things during the stump and coming debate
-Makes Democrats have to waste time begging him to say it himself
-Takes away from anything positive in the cycle for Hillary

edit: Not freaking out. Are you freaking out? Do you just see me post when something undesirable happens and it's like therapy to tell me to calm down when I already am?

I don't think it's that brilliant at all. He's going to get destroyed for not having said it himself and then why he had to go through multiple surrogates. It's something that the Obama coalition hates and any attention towards it puts Trump on the defensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom