• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

I can't believe how old Gore looks.

Anyway Trump complaining about a pastor and crying about Anderson Cooper will hopefully hurt him in the polls LIKE OLD TIMES

Pretty sure that's an old picture. Gore 2016:

0812_al_gore_cog.jpg

Yeah, if I recall Beard Gore was right after the 2000 election.

royalan

He is trying to mess with the media...This is Bannon's strategy. Orange turd is just going to not answer the birther question and keep it vague but during the debates he is going to say that he now believes that Obama was born in Hawaii in order to catch Clinton off guard. It is going to be very reminiscent to what Romney did except with someone that lies a hundred times more.

This is what I expect. It's so obvious, too. However, if Hillary and her team are smart. There is a simple easy to turn this back on Trump.

If Trump refuses to acknowledge his role in the birther movement - hit him on how shameful it was to question the during President's nationality.

If Trump admits that Obama was born in the US - you hit him EVEN HARDER. Shame him utterly for ever questioning the President, for demanding his birth certificate, for trying to disqualify him. Put him in a position where just admitting Obama is American born is not enough, he has to explain and rationalize why he ever thought otherwise. This is where Trump will fall. He'll either sound moronic. Or he'll give into his ego and dig in.

Toxi

Banned
I predict the first CNN post-debate coverage will be "Clinton had a strong performance, but Donald Trump held his own a few times and defied expectations" no matter what the result is.

Boke1879

This is what I expect. It's so obvious, too. However, if Hillary and her team are smart. There is a simple easy to turn this back on Trump.

If Trump refuses to acknowledge his role in the birther movement - hit him on his shameful it if to question the during President's nationality.

If Trump admits that Obama was born in the US - you hit him EVEN HARDER. Shame him utterly for ever questioning the President, for demanding his birth certificate, for trying to disqualify him. Put him in a position where just admitting Obama is American born is not enough, he has to explain and rationalize why he ever thought otherwise. This is where Trump will fall. He'll either sound moronic. Or he'll give into his ego and dig in.

Yup. Go to the root of it. Ask him what made him believe it in the first place.

Piecake

Donald Trump’s campaign published and withdrew a policy platform Thursday that included an arcane ethanol proposal that would benefit billionaire investor Carl Icahn, a friend and supporter whom the Republican nominee has touted as a potential treasury secretary.

The proposal is unusually wonky by Trump standards, but it would satisfy a major priority for Icahn, who owns an oil refining company saddled with $200 million a year in expenses to buy credits required by a federal program that guarantees ethanol a share of the U.S. gasoline supply.

The 80-year-old activist investor’s company, CVR, has joined other small refiners in pushing to move the credits' financial burden elsewhere, fighting bigger oil companies that, in turn, are battling the corn lobby to demand that the entire ethanol mandate be overhauled or ended. Trump’s policy statement appeared to take Icahn’s side in the tangled dispute, charging that “these regulations will give Big Oil an oligopoly by destroying the small to midsize refineries.”

Icahn expressed the same argument in a letter to the Environmental Protection Agency last month, when he also complained of an “oligopoly” in the making.

Within the oil and ethanol industries, Trump’s policy statements triggered an almost immediate debate on whether he has shifted from the strong pro-ethanol stance he took before this year’s GOP caucus in corn-rich Iowa.

Trump energy proposal would aid ally Icahn

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
When DNC folks are confiding in you, do they ever mention what's in the emails that's so bad? Or do they mention the resignation letters and just trail off and stare into space?

Ask Politico, it was in their original story about the emails and DWS resigning.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Hope Hillary's cloning process revival and Trump's idiotic birtherism get independents swinging back toward Hillary.

"Our top headline tonight, Is Hillary really healthy enough to be campaigning? We also ask her more questions about her email. Trump still thinks Obama is not a real citizen. And our round table discusses Hillary's possible conflicts of interest during her time at the State Department. All this and Matt Lauer sucking Trump's dick live on the plaza..."

Clinton actually getting speeches covered today in primetime, I wonder if that would be the case if she didn't just come off being sick.

There is no way in hell the media would have covered her as much today without the pneumonia.

Nothing, but it pisses me off that he's trying to humanize this racist.

trump7.jpg

Is he humanizing him or humiliating him? In the video Trump looks weak when he lets it happen and looks pretty fucking stupid after. It looks like it legit bothers him when the audience laughs at him.

Nothing, but it pisses me off that he's trying to humanize this racist.
GRRRRRR

WHY DIDN'T JIMMY FALLON KICK HIM IN THE SHIN ON THE INTERVIEW

WHY DIDN'T HE ASK HIM TOUGH AND STRAIGHT QUESTIONS LIKE "WHY ARE YOU A RRRRRACIST?"

WHY ISN'T JIMMY FALLON ACTING LIKE A REAL JOURNALIST

GRRRRR

johnsmith

remember me
GRRRRRR

WHY DIDN'T JIMMY FALLON KICK HIM IN THE SHIN ON THE INTERVIEW

WHY DIDN'T HE ASK HIM TOUGH AND STRAIGHT QUESTIONS LIKE "WHY ARE YOU A RRRRRACIST?"

WHY ISN'T JIMMY FALLON ACTING LIKE A REAL JOURNALIST

GRRRRR

This is the worst post I've seen in this thread today, and it's been an embarrassing day for poligaf.

Piecake

Keepin it 1600 made a very good point about polling in today's episode. They said the reason why you are seeing movement and worsening polls for Hilary Clinton is simply because people are less likely to pick up their phone to participate in polls when their preferred candidate is getting a lot of terrible press and more willing to do just that when their candidate is doing great.

Movement is created because a lot of media polls just poll the first 1000 registered or likely voters. And they make the point that these recent polls have a disproportionate about of non-college educated white men because of the psychological factor and media polling laziness.

Kid Heart

I predict the first CNN post-debate coverage will be "Clinton had a strong performance, but Donald Trump held his own a few times and defied expectations" no matter what the result is.

I think the debates will probably be the first time the media can truly go in on Trump when he fails to combat Clinton on her own turf. I don't see anyway way he can somehow match her policy experience and debate her without constantly dodging the questions/looking like a fool. Not unless "defying expectations" involves just showing up to the debate fully clothed.

Also, I didn't realize Gore is almost 70 years old. Man time flies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom