• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dierce

I have to admit bannon and co were a great pick up. They've mastered the say racist things claim you didn't then attack the media as lyers.

He knows how much the media won't call it out and enables them to move ever farther right while still being "mainstream". The media is a failure in this country.

They are dominating the media and it pains me to say that but it is true. I don't think any campaign in history had so much control over the media narrative by making false accusations and playing around the story. Bannon is an evil fuck but he is a smart bastard, unlike orange turd.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
It's brilliant politically speaking.

-Moves Trump away from it so he can focus on other things during the stump and coming debate
-Makes Democrats have to waste time begging him to say it himself
-Takes away from anything positive in the cycle for Hillary

edit: Not freaking out. Are you freaking out? Do you just see me post when something undesirable happens and it's like therapy to tell me to calm down when I already am?

But There are statements of him after 2011.

If hillary can bring these up.....

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I don't think it's that brilliant at all. He's going to get destroyed for not having said it himself and then why he had to go through multiple surrogates. It's something that the Obama coalition hates and any attention towards it puts Trump on the defensive.

Trump on the defensive? All he has to say is "no I didn't" and that's the end of it for the press.

Wilsongt

This guy on CNN is trying to defend birther movement by saying it has happened in the past in the US with other, Republican, white, candidates.

Boke1879

I would NOT be shocked if the Press believed this bullshit made up narrative just released. They'll take it as gospel with little push back.

Paskil

@dave_thomason
Why does Mike Pence always look like he's about to introduce legislation to outlaw the X-Men

Csal01IVUAE_rdc.jpg

Trump can't get any minorities. Even the super villain mutant vote won't turn out, and they are mostly in line with Trump since they hate all humans and Trump hates some.

Revolver

The only thing I'm seeing about Kasich is that he's meeting with Obama tomorrow to push TPP. The Trumpsters are shredding him over it. I just can't see him endorsing Hill.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I thought Cruz was more vile than Trump, but with each passing day I feel more like the reverse is true.

User1608

Banned
I won't ever forget in 2011 when Trump started (bringing back up) the birther shit. Went from being an entertaining blowhard to well, a piece of shit over night in my eyes, and reading the horror stories of his past and (at the time) ongoing racism truly made me regret ever giving him any attention.

The way the media is reacting to this I think this is a fuck up by Trump. Another Khan/curiel moment. People are gonna start digging for more and he has a lot of questions after the birth certificate was released that people will now quiz him on he can't keep punting and saying it's over now. Will remind people hes racist and why he can't be president

Got hit with a blue shell.

I would NOT be shocked if the Press believed this bullshit made up narrative just released. They'll take it as gospel with little push back.
On the birtherism thing? Naw mate.

Rachel was going on about it. Chris Matthews has been. Even the people following Trump are going on about it. He managed to release a statement that will piss off the media a bit. Plus, he still hasn't said it. That's the hook of the story

Joeytj

Banned
I don't think it's that brilliant at all. He's going to get destroyed for not having said it himself and then why he had to go through multiple surrogates. It's something that the Obama coalition hates and any attention towards it puts Trump on the defensive.

Or...

Hillary can ignore it, honestly.

He hasn't said it himself, and she can keep repeating that (as well as other Democrats) he was the main birther for years. Because it honestly doesn't matter if Trump now personally believes Obama was born in the U.S., and I bet most Americans imagine he believes Obama is born in the US, or don't care what he believes now. They aren't letting him off the hook, but the Trump Campaign is trying to make this about a simple statement, but it isn't about that.

He questioned Obama's legitimacy, character and ended up looking stupid. That won't change, and the Clinton camp and Obama know this and they won't give a shit if he personally says he "believes" the President was born in the U.S. Trump is trying to lower the bar of the debate to whether he personally says it now or not, when the problem has never been that.

It has always been that he hounded the first black president for years about being "foreign" and illegitimate, and it doesn't matter what he does now just a month and a half before the election.

Boke1879

I don't stress over polls and shit. I'm not even stressing over this.

But it's makes my blood boil when clear falsehoods are treated like facts with no push back. It really shows the sad state of our media and I'm afraid for elections going forward.

Why tell the truth when you can just make up shit and repeat over and over like it's truth?

Tarkus

I won't ever forget in 2011 when Trump started the birther shit. Went from being a an entertaining blowhard to well, a piece of shit over night in my eyes, and reading the horror stories of his past and (at the time) ongoing racism truly made me regret ever giving him any attention.
He didn't start it, Clinton's supporters started it in 2008.

User1608

Banned
The way the media is reacting to this I think this is a fuck up by Trump. Another Khan/curiel moment. People are gonna start digging for more and he has a lot of questions after the birth certificate was released that people will now quiz him on he can't keep punting and saying it's over now. Will remind people hes racist and why he can't be president

Got hit with a blue shell.
This is good to hear.

The worst thing about Trump's recent polling rise (aside from the whole prospect of Trump being President) is Jacobin Twitter bringing back the "Sanders led in all the polls lolz" stuff from four months ago.

The only thing I'm seeing about Kasich is that he's meeting with Obama tomorrow to push TPP. The Trumpsters are shredding him over it. I just can't see him endorsing Hill.
Why are we talking like this is a possibility. He wants to run in 2020. He's not endorsing. Though I bet he baits Trump and attacks him to help Hillary a la Cristie in 2012

shem935

Banned
You aren't kidding.

@RosieGray (Buzzfeed):

===

And Cruz and Trump are both quite vile.. but Cruz would've had the sense to build proper campaign machinery.

Ooooo yeah. Obama just got come out, call it bullshit in the sexy inspirational way he does and we good.

I don't stress over polls and shit. I'm not even stressing over this.

But it's makes my blood boil when clear falsehoods are treated like facts with no push back. It really shows the sad state of our media and I'm afraid for elections going forward.
But Media is sort of pushing back hard on this ridiculous statement. Lemon is unrelenting.

HylianTom

Banned
Oh my.

Yep, this might have legs.

@brianefallon:
Trump needs to say it himself. On camera. And admit he was wrong for trying to delegitimize the country's first African American President

==

@mmurraypolitics (NBC):
Team Trump: We're gaining on HRC and even leading in some polls!

What should we do?

Let's revive Birther story -- and send mixed messages

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
That might be the biggest bullshit of a PR statement i've ever seen.
How can such a vile piece of human excrement have millions of supporters?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why are we talking like this is a possibility. He wants to run in 2020. He's not endorsing. Though I bet he baits Trump and attacks him to help Hillary a la Cristie in 2012

He knows he has no future in the party, but he's definitely not the kind of guy who would cross the isle like this.

Joeytj

Banned
He didn't start it, Clinton's supporters started it in 2008.

Some fringe Clinton supporters made shit up about the him not being born in the US, but it was the Tea Party and Orly Taitz that made this an issue worthy of Trump's attention.

Don't doubt that Trump will latch onto those Clinton supporters as his lifeline in this coming debate abouth the birther movement.

It's brilliant politically speaking.

-Moves Trump away from it so he can focus on other things during the stump and coming debate
-Makes Democrats have to waste time begging him to say it himself
-Takes away from anything positive in the cycle for Hillary

edit: Not freaking out. Are you freaking out? Do you just see me post when something undesirable happens and it's like therapy to tell me to calm down when I already am?

How is it brilliant? It's not like Democrats have made birtherism a key part of their anti-Trump argument- there's just so much more out there to use against him.

The only reason birtherism was brought up was because the media, which has been obviously treating Trump like a sideshow instead of a presidential candidate, decided to ask him against about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom