• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Problem is, what happens IF he comes out and says "I'm sorry, he was born in Hawaii."

I regret if anyone was hurt by what i said.

I think Trump could get away with the Hillary Campaign lie, but you can't immediately dive into saying all of that was put to rest in 2011. Too many lies on one page.

I mean, I'm probably too optimistic. But it seems many of them are going after Trump himself even though it's his campaign that officially said it. I don't think him uttering those words will fix this. There's too much history that's will be brought up.

edit: even CNN is fact-checking the "started with Clinton" statement

User1608

Banned
I mean, I'm probably too optimistic. But it seems many of them are going after Trump himself even though it's his campaign that officially said it. I don't think him uttering those words will fix this. There's too much history that's will be brought up.
Yup, and I do believe it's absolutely crucial Obama comments on this.

Why did you say that in the first place.

Why were you saying this as lately as Jan 2016.

Why did you question why black voters voted for Obama as "the real racists".

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Problem is, what happens IF he comes out and says "I'm sorry, he was born in Hawaii."

"Why do you now believe him? Why not earlier? Why did you spearhead a patently racist movement? Why the change of heart?"

I'd be shocked if he could give a coherent answer to that--and even if he can, any answer he gives will be so full of holes a third-grader could tear it apart. At this point he can only double down, there's no walking it back.

Bowdz

Can anyone summarize for me what happened today?

Trump dodged on the birther question in an interview and his campaign put out a bullshit statement saying Hillary started the birther movement and Trump now believes Obama was born in Hawaii. Journos are starting to call bullshit and want to hear it from Trump's mouth.

Also, the media MIGHT have found their balls ans MIGHT be fact checking the statement.

Trump dodged on the birther question in an interview and his campaign put out a bullshit statement saying Hillary started the birther movement and Trump now believes Obama was born in Hawaii. Journos are starting to call bullshit and want to hear it from Trump's mouth.

Also, the media MIGHT have found their balls ans MIGHT be fact checking the statement.

Until he says it in a debate(or even before then) and then they can pat him on the head for being a good little Donald.

The more important point he's getting dragged on is the campaign statement says he put his birtherism to bed in 2011, but there's ample evidence on his favorite social media that it's untrue.

@JYSexton on Twitter said:
This segment with Trump is like ten seconds in and already it's enraging.

Trump and Fallon, just joking around like a couple of buds who find creating a bigoted, fascist country hilarious.

Fallon now doing his Trump impression for Trump. Is this hell? Am I in hell?

Fallon says "it's been exciting to follow, amazing" in reference to Trump's campaign.
What. The. Hell.

Fallon joking about Trump and Putin's "bromance." We're talking about a murderous dictator.

Trump telling Fallon that people are trying to get Lester Holt to be tougher on him because of Matt Lauer, that it's unfair.

Fallon just mentioned Clinton getting sick, tells Trump he handled it well, asks Trump if he's been sick.

Trump and Fallon, just paling around.

It's extremely disappointing to see people try to normalize this candidate for TV ratings. Not shocking, but still distressing.

CsckqpLVUAAD3kF.jpg
ballot requests in NC vs 2012

NeoXChaos

drip, drip, drip

andrew kaczynski ‏@BuzzFeedAndrew 20m20 minutes ago Brooklyn, NY
NEW from me, Trump defending birtherism at length in 2014 Irish TV interview: https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkacz...14-despite-cam?utm_term=.tyn9y47vQ#.jlLZL9o5P …

“The president should come clean,” Trump added about Obama in the 2014 interview. “He should have come clean over the years. If you remember the very famous story where I offered him $5 million if he showed some basic records and he never took me up on it. And that would be for charity. So charities would have benefited and it would have been a great thing.”
“But he is a citizen and he produced that long form birth certificate,” host Fitzpatrick said.
“Well, a lot of people don’t agree with you and a lot of people feel it wasn’t a proper certificate,” Trump said.

royalan

Isha Sesay is DRAGGING On CNN

To Trump supporter: "LOL - I'm always taken aback when you say we should take Trump at his word. That's just not what we do...we're journalists."

drip, drip, drip

Yeah this isn't a one or even two time issue like his Iraq war lie. He is on record in support of birtherism extensively all the way up until this year. This is the kind of lie that cannot go unchecked.

The media needs to straight up call his campaign liars.

Mac_Lane

drip, drip, drip

From that same article :

“If I decide to run for office I’ll produce my tax returns. Absolutely. I would love to do that. I did produce a financial statement even though I wasn’t even running. I did produce a financial statement and it was shocking to some because it was so much higher than people thought possible.”

That lying piece of shit.

Owzers

googling top stories on Trump birther:

ABC News: Trump concedes Obama born in US, Campaign says

CNN: Trump Campaign; Obama born in the US

USA Today: Campaign says Trump believes Obama was born in U.S.

only liberal places like Mother Jones actually says something relevant: "Almost Every Word of Donald Trump's Birther Statement is a Lie"

Zackat

only liberal places like Mother Jones actually says something relevant: "Almost Every Word of Donald Trump's Birther Statement is a Lie"
He knows how to manipulate the media. It's like a reality tv show.

I hate reality tv shows :(

East Lake

The University of California, Berkeley has suspended a course dedicated to studying Palestine “through the lens of settler colonialism”, sparking international debate about academic freedom.

The course at UC Berkeley – entitled Palestine: A Settler Colonial Analysis – faced intense backlash this week from Jewish organizations, which argued that the class was “anti-Israel and antisemitic” and “intended to indoctrinate students to hate the Jewish state”.

After a stream of negative news stories and editorials the northern California school, considered the top public university in the US, announced that it was suspending the class because it “did not receive a sufficient degree of scrutiny to ensure that the syllabus met Berkeley’s academic standards”.

Israel advocates and antisemitism watchdog groups applauded the decision and called for an overview of the course review process. But pro-Palestine organizations, along with some faculty members at UC Berkeley, have criticized the suspension, arguing that administrators were silencing viewpoints and prioritizing public relations over academic discourse.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/15/uc-berkeley-israel-palestine-class-suspended-decal

Zukkoyaki

CNN changed their headline to "Trying to have it both ways" and when you click on it, it mentions campaign not Trump saying it

Kid Heart

I can't believe admitting facts that have been known for years now counts as major news. Yeesh.

Hopfrog

Here's the thing: the media don't have to hang Trump, he will do it himself. All they have to do is put the rope around his neck. And they seem really reluctant to even do that.

I don't see the issue. Headlines are being factual. His campaign says that he believes that Obama was born in the US. Obviously it is BS, but the news are simply reporting what the campaign said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom