• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriously.

Csal01IVUAE_rdc.jpg

studyguy

We're going to get Teleprompter Trump.
When he's absolutely shook he stays 100% prompter with super minor adlibs.

Then we'll get a weekend of GOP pundits patting him on the head for being able to read. They try to push goodboy prompter Trump as the one we should discuss and run as fast as possible from birthershit.

Maxim726X

We're going to get Teleprompter Trump.
When he's absolutely shook he stays 100% prompter with super minor adlibs.

He never used to.

But I have a feeling he will now. Clearly, it's been working. Just don't sound like a fucking moron every time you get up in front of a group of people and suddenly, voters think you're more presidential.

I think the moment that most surprised me from this campaign was the lack of reaction to "Second Amendment People."

I think that will be viewed as a major turning point in American history.

studyguy

I think the moment that most surprised me from this campaign was the lack of reaction to "Second Amendment People."

I think that will be viewed as a major turning point in American history.

I don't know that there was a lack, the bigger issue was that there was another shitfest immediately following it and the media fell over themselves to keep going with the next debacle. I'm pretty sure you can track some drop in polls for him based on the firestorm of criticism he got for it. The fact that he hasn't retread the 2A ground since is probably proof that his camp learned not to mess with that fire.

iammeiam

Hype up press conference revealing stance on President's birthplace, then delay while you're huddled in a room with advisors trying to figure out WTF to say.

Before the event started, Trump was huddled in a holding room for 15 minutes with some of his closest advisers, including campaign CEO Steve Bannon, deputy campaign manager David Bossie, son Eric Trump, Rudy Giuliani, Retired Army Lt. General Michael Flynn, spokesperson Hope Hicks and policy director Stephen Miller, according to several attendees. They debated how much or how little detail Trump should give in his announcement. In the end, the advisers were unanimous: Keep it short, the attendees said

1.) where was Kellyanne

2.) how did that many people fail to realize what a terrible idea this whole thing was? Of all the things he needed a planned statement for, they let that one go off-the-cuff?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I think ads have a saturation point, and running more of them does nothing. If you have the cash, opening more offices and staff for GOTV and other operations is a better use of money.

Retro

Hillary's secret state is "all of them."

It'd be a smart move any other election, honestly. If Trump was running a real campaign, making him fight on all fronts would be a great way to drain away resources from swing states. The problem is that he has no resources to drain, at least nothing like previous campaigns. He's certainly not pulling in Romney money.

She clearly has no problem getting donations when she needs them, and she doesn't have to try very hard to outspend Trump, especially when she's got the more expensive media buys like CA and NY sewn up and he (supposedly) thinks he can win them. Might as well spend some money helping out the downticket and setting up a network in enemy territory. That's why we're talking about Georgia flipping this year, because people saw how close Obama was to flipping it and made a concerted effort to make it happen.

Might as well give her Omaha while you're at it.

Hype up press conference revealing stance on President's birthplace, then delay while you're huddled in a room with advisors trying to figure out WTF to say.

1.) where was Kellyanne

2.) how did that many people fail to realize what a terrible idea this whole thing was? Of all the things he needed a planned statement for, they let that one go off-the-cuff?

Kellyanne doesn't seem to actually be running much. She spends way too much time on TV to be actively running things. It seems her job is to be a figurehead.

There is no way Clinton wins GA/SC/AZ and still loses IA and ME-2.

At first blush, it seems demographically possible to me.

I mean seriously, may as well color Texas blue.
GA and AZ are quite winnable at the higher end of Clinton's popular vote range (+8ish).

SC I'm more skeptical about. But they wouldn't be opening up offices if their internals weren't pointing to an opportunity there.

Bowdz

Hillary's secret state is "all of them."

It'd be a smart move any other election, honestly. If Trump was running a real campaign, making him fight on all fronts would be a great way to drain away resources from swing states. The problem is that he has no resources to drain, at least nothing like previous campaigns. He's certainly not pulling in Romney money.

She clearly has no problem getting donations when she needs them, and she doesn't have to try very hard to outspend Trump, especially when she's got the more expensive media buys like CA and NY sewn up and he (supposedly) thinks he can win them. Might as well spend some money helping out the downticket and setting up a network in enemy territory. That's why we're talking about Georgia flipping this year, because people saw how close Obama was to flipping it and made a concerted effort to make it happen.

Might as well give her Omaha while you're at it.

It's been said numerous times already, but she really should do an Obama-esque infomercial or two all about her character and her policy (nothing on Trump) on all major networks. Try to recreate that DNC magic.

NeoXChaos

Plinko, officerob & Maxim has been questioning the campaign strategy.

Guys the campaign knows what is it doing. Sham, Ebay and Bigboss are right.

It's been said numerous times already, but she really should do an Obama-esque infomercial or two all about her character and her policy (nothing on Trump) on all major networks. Try to recreate that DNC magic.

Given all the money she has raised, this seems pretty likely to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom