• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

thcsquad

With respect, I think this is some pretty heavy revisionism. I can dig up PoliGAF peeps from before the primaries even began who were absolutely and completely confident that Sanders would only win a single primary. The average PoliGAF guess in December was two primaries (heck, I guessed eleven and was too low!). You cannot seriously be telling me that you think in 2014 you'd have pegged a candidate with Sanders' background and stances to do as well as he did. That's some bullshit.

It did catch a lot of people by surprise, though I think in the end it speaks more to the dynamics of an empty field than to Clintons weaknesses. Like, if 2012 was ron Paul vs mitt Romney, instead of a big field, Paul would have received way more votes than otherwise. The early branding of the primary as a boxing match by the media does a lot to legitimize the underdog and let them get airtime. Similarly, if you had Biden and Deval Patrick and Tim Kaine and a Castro brother in the primary, Bernie wouldn't have performed like he did.

So is Trump's new allusion to Clinton's assassination (take away her secret services guns and see what happens) an attempt to force the media to move on from birtherism?

johnsmith

remember me
Some how he thinks making up false stats will help him with minorities.

Never forget

F-Vvag7xPOFj81AxWrRYIcgWkxfI-XcskVw50Dw5lXTAYv8B5Agb3K1qcUbEFFIAsmss2-GyZCorvd0rguxRcKRLHisVxz5ISq6ZqWIBmanhvr_MW8aFzf18GKfH19h0adcE8Pvc

HylianTom

Banned
Very interesting.

Net-favorability among under-30s
+39 Michelle Obama
+37 Bernie Sanders
+35 Barack Obama
0 Hillary Clinton
-46 Donald Trump

(courtest of @WilliamJordann & @YouGov)

I love the idea of seeing Michelle Obama all over the map for the next six weeks..

---

Bernie's coming up on Chris Hayes' program.

shem935

Banned
Very interesting.

+39 Michelle Obama
+37 Bernie Sanders
+35 Barack Obama
0 Hillary Clinton
-46 Donald Trump

I love the idea of seeing Michelle Obama all over the map for the next six weeks..

Woof. I'll take the break even, way better than I thought it would be.

Wilsongt

Very interesting.

+39 Michelle Obama
+37 Bernie Sanders
+35 Barack Obama
0 Hillary Clinton
-46 Donald Trump

---

Michelle needs to get on a humanitarian project stat.
That level is likeable is huge for a first lady.

Geg

Very interesting.

+39 Michelle Obama
+37 Bernie Sanders
+35 Barack Obama
0 Hillary Clinton
-46 Donald Trump

---

Honestly 0 net favorability is an improvement for Clinton

A shame under 30s only vote for old Jewish man who attracts avians.

It's kind of easy to maintain favorability after being out of the race for three months and away from making tough campaign decisions, and far away from being the target of campaign attacks. I'm still seeing this touted as a reason why the corrupt Dems should totally replace Hillary with Bernie. The favorability!

Plouffe should just get a Youtube show where he goes off on the election and bedwetters for 30 minutes every week. Love him on Keeping it 1600 when he's guesting.

I tend to think he's like a Master Jedi who just calms everyone. Favreau and Pfeiffer sure as hell can't.

Plouffe should just get a Youtube show where he goes off on the election and bedwetters for 30 minutes every week. Love him on Keeping it 1600 when he's guesting.

Keeping It 1600 is one of my favorites, though they are sometimes too far in in Clinton's tank. (They acknowledge this.)

I also do the Run-Up and NPR Politics, though Sam Sanders occasionally gets my dander up.

Any other solid politics podcasts out there?

Maybe if Hillary has a perfect day and learns to play the piano, sculpt ice, speak french and win over Andie MacDowell, the infinite loop ends and we never have to hear about sad Birdies again.

Keeping It 1600 is one of my favorites, though they are sometimes too far in in Clinton's tank. (They acknowledge this.)

I also do the Run-Up and NPR Politics, though Sam Sanders occasionally gets my dander up.

Any other solid politics podcasts out there?

Radio Free GOP, Pollsters, Axe Files if you can live with Axelrod.

Cyanity

Banned
"Clinton's campaign is very data driven and this is a good thing". Yes, the same campaign that did
Hillary-Header.png

must have flawless judgement

Maengun1

Very interesting.

+39 Michelle Obama
+37 Bernie Sanders
+35 Barack Obama
0 Hillary Clinton
-46 Donald Trump

---

Let's get to +1 by election day! #BELIEVE

"Clinton's campaign is very data driven and this is a good thing". Yes, the same campaign that did
Hillary-Header.png

must have flawless judgement
Yes, I'm sure the person in charge of the T-shirts is in charge of the analytics and where to buy ad space as well.

You are being deliberately obtuse.

I tend to agree here. She should be doubling down in OH and FL.
No she doesn't.

She has enough ad time and offices in those states. There is a point of diminishing returns.

Cyanity

Banned
Yes, I'm sure the person in charge of the T-shirts is in charge of the analytics and where to buy ad space as well.

You are being deliberately obtuse.

No she doesn't.

She has enough ad time and offices in those states. There is a point of diminishing returns.

Deliberately obtuse? More like I'm trying to suggest that HRC's campaign isn't perfect. Why should we expect it to be? Campaigning in SC doesn't seem like the smartest idea in the world, but who knows, maybe Hillary's playing some interdimensional backgammon here.

Geg

So Bernie had a bird land on his podium, Trump had one die in his hotel, so what's Clinton gonna get? We have to complete the trilogy.

Deliberately obtuse? More like I'm trying to suggest that HRC's campaign isn't perfect. Why should we expect it to be? Campaigning in SC doesn't seem like the smartest idea in the world, but who knows, maybe Hillary's playing some interdimensional backgammon here.

As Aaron said, OH and FL aren't lacking resources, so pumping more money and resources yields less returns compared to other states.

SC wouldn't be the obvious choice, I would think AZ would take priority, but hey they know what they're doing.

It was awesome of Trump do screw up this badly on a Friday so that this will be at the front of the news all weekend! The Sunday morning shows should be a hoot.

Would love to know who decided today was a good opportunity for the birther statement. Seriously. Even by bizzaro alt-right media I don't see how this could possibly be advantageous. To a degree it makes sense in the context that the media never calls Trump out for any of his bullshit. Inexplicably they're all proud to say that his Clinton claim is false! There's probably an interesting story somewhere on media dynamics that made today the day seemingly everyone snapped. But even so, an assumption of getting a pass doesn't explain the timing. Not having surrogates prepped for talking points is also odd.

Making this big a deal of it only 10 days out almost assures it'll come up in the first debate, too. I look forward to seeing Trump try to explain saying a thing that has been universally fact-checked as completely false by every reputable news agency on the planet.

Didn't know that Trump was unironically addressing his crowds as Deplorables. His supporters say that and give zero fucks about their prejudices, sure, but the actual candidate saying it? Does he know what that word means?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom