• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

It's funny that this is what broke the media on Trump.

i think it's been building since the convention, big bump was his immigration back and forth, softening and hardening. Katrina Pierson saying his policy hasn't changed, only his words have. Trump surrogates have been progressively treated less seriously, met with quicker fact checking when they repeat the same lies.

Grief.exe

This woman on Don Lemon is putting in some real talk. Talking about the media, including herself, playing up a false equivalency and enabling the normalization of Trump's behavior. Don agreeing.

She's dropping bombs and she's balling as fuck while she's doing it. Stylish glasses and some sweet jewelry.

i think it's been building since the convention, big bump was his immigration back and forth, softening and hardening. Katrina Pierson saying his policy hasn't changed, only his words have. Trump surrogates have been progressively treated less seriously, met with quicker fact checking when they repeat the same lies.

I just haven't seen anything like this treatment on CNN, even during the frankly scary Convention speech.

NeoXChaos

Yep. The South as a region is insanely close to flipping thanks to rising demographics (white emigration, black/Hispanic immigration, and turnout are key here). If white people in the South voted like they do in other parts of the country, you couldn't get elected as a Republican here.

The rural South isn't far from turning into Maryland. If these states had urban areas like Baltimore and DC, they'd already be Maryland. The goal should be to set up the 50 state press and really push for more governor's mansions and state legislatures. Once you get more states on board, you really start to expand your federal programs (since the ones you can't get passed federally are frequently blocked with the scapegoat "Leave it to the states" and most of those are red). If the state control map changes, then we're in business.

To continue with a war analogy (and we do use war, it's why there are battleground states and campaigns), the 50 state strategy also gathers intel on a possible right-wing Bill Clinton who could pull the GOP back from the edge of unelectability. Figure out who it is quickly, and make sure you either keep them out of the national spotlight for as long as possible or you figure out if you can work with them and then don't sweat their possible election.

if southern and rural whites voted like their north counterparts, the South would be more Democratic than the North. It's not conceivably hard to win here. You just have whites voting 90-10 R. The magic number for a D from TX to SC is 30-40% of the white vote.

She's dropping bombs and she's balling as fuck while she's doing it. Stylish glasses and some sweet jewelry.

Yeah she's cute. Her somber delivery really set the tone.

After last night and today, I don't think Don Lemon's program is going to be very welcoming to Trump surrogates. He seems done.

Boke1879

I just haven't seen anything like this treatment on CNN, even during the frankly scary Convention speech.

We'll see if this lasts. I'm not so sure just yet.

But if this is a turning point then it's about time honestly. They shouldn't be treating him any different or pushing this "they're both the same" narrative. Clinton wouldn't get away with half the shit Trump has said.

WoodWERD

That Trump thread in OT is.....enlightening to say the least.

Is it wrong for me to wish that Trump supporters had their avatars changed after the election to "I voted for Trump" stickers, or maybe adding some turd emojis next to their usernames?

Please don't kill me mods

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Is it wrong for me to wish that Trump supporters had their avatars changed after the election to "I voted for Trump" stickers, or maybe adding some turd emojis next to their usernames?

Tag: Trump won so much he won the loss!
(Hopefully )

....and these are probably the smarter ones, considering most of the Trump friendly folks that were here probably got wiped out during one of the Gamergate/Anita/etc. threads that popped up over on Gaming.

Kangi

....and these are probably the smarter ones, considering most of the Trump friendly folks that were here probably got wiped out during one of the Gamergate/Anita/etc. threads that popped up over on Gaming.

Gaming side is still full of all sorts of... characters. See: thread today where people really, really wanted to be allowed to say the n-word.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Don asking for corey for receipts
--

HOLY SHIT DON GETRING MAD

Had to mute everyone and took everyone off screen for a few seconds

Don Lemon on CNN just told his producers to cut off all of the guests' mics so Corey would stop spouting his bullshit.

Don Lemon about to go nuclear on Corey's ass lol.

I really hope that today is a pivotal moment for the media when it comes to Trump and the mortal danger to our Republic.

User1608

Banned
Don Lemon on CNN just told his producers to cut off all of the guests' mics so Corey would stop spouting his bullshit.

Don Lemon about to go nuclear on Corey's ass lol.

I really hope that today is a pivotal moment for the media when it comes to Trump and the mortal danger to our Republic.
That is my hope too. May they realize their own asses are on the line as well.

Kangi

Seriously?

Of course. Tons of people there don't avoid throwing slurs because they know it's wrong; they avoid it because they know they can get banned for it. So naturally they'll take the opportunity to preach how we should move past demonizing such words and stop being offended and please let me call people n*****s and f**s please pretty please.

I'm sure it's present in OT, too, but you see fewer "political" threads on gaming side, so when one pops up you see all sorts of people and their not-long-for-this-world accounts come out of the woodwork.

From FiveThirtyEight's forecast it looks like the free-fall of Hillary's numbers is about to settle, while still having a 20% lead. That's pretty good news.

From FiveThirtyEight's forecast it looks like the free-fall of Hillary's numbers is about to settle, while still having a 20% lead. That's pretty good news.

It was just from being sick. She came back really strong, so that would help. Too bad we'll never know how much it helped coming back strong, because now Trump will have caused the polls to shift because of him

Hopefully we've finally reached that tipping point of "Trump is pretty crazy but he's hilarious to argue about and makes easy headlines = ratings" versus "you know, we'd be legit fucked if this man won so maybe we should do our damn jobs."

Being treated like crap the past few days might have been the last straw for the media? There's been a complete 180 today, and absolutely everywhere. Something bigger might have been going on behind the scenes this week. It's been day after day of promises to be more transparent just to troll the media harder every time.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Hopefully we've finally reached that tipping point of "Trump is pretty crazy but he's hilarious to argue about and makes easy headlines = ratings" versus "you know, we'd be legit fucked if this man won so maybe we should do our damn jobs."

Being treated like crap the past few days might have been the last straw for the media? There's been a complete 180 today, and absolutely everywhere. Something bigger might have been going on behind the scenes this week. It's been day after day of promises to be more transparent just to troll the media harder every time.

Hmm, not the worst theory. We should hear about it soon if that's the case.

Slizeezyc

As a vehement Anti-Trump conservative I sadly disagree. This forum leans far left, others I read far right but among more moderate forums and through personal antecdotal evidence I believe Trump is really gaining momentum.

Even in the Twitter trends that appear to be negative for Trump he has momentum. The #birther trend contains many articles and comments on Hillary's former campaign manager being the "founder" of the birther movement. True ir not it is a massive narrative.

I think the Clinton campaign has made serious errors by going full out after Trump while he has been stating his "platform" pretty consistently this week. Her health scare is a massive negative whether people want to aknowledge it or not.

She needs a good first debate while looking strong and not having coughing spells or saying stupid shit like the "deplorables" comment.

I think Michael Moore was right when he said Trump's message is going to resonate with a lot of the rust belt states. I am worried he is going to pull it off. I am not a fan of Hillary at all, and I disagree with her politically on most things but I think she is a much less risky choice and I am afraid she is going to lose. I think the last month has been a disaster for her and she needs to pivot immediately.

I don't agree with much of this, but stick around you beautiful conservative man. We'll give you liberal kisses and listen to your righty ways at the very least.

Hmm, not the worst theory. We should hear about it soon if that's the case.

Would love it if some of his staff had begun making moves towards establishing his rumored post-election media network and they were noticed by the old guard media.

I just could really get into that story.

Teggy

LOL Conway saying that Hillary is pissed that she won't be able to hit Trump on birtherism at the debate because a low level campaign worker once suggested it (and was fired) and taking Patty Solis Doyle's "yeah" out of context like in their press release. These people are insane.

Boke1879

Would love it if some of his staff had begun making moves towards establishing his rumored post-election media network and they were noticed by the old guard media.

I just could really get into that story.

Well I wouldn't be shocked if Trump regresses. As in he starts shitting on the media in a MAJOR way after this, then spewing how the debates won't be fair to him. I still think his news network is the ultimate goal.

Boke1879

LOL Conway saying that Hillary is pissed that she won't be able to hit Trump on birtherism at the debate because a low level campaign worker once suggested it (and was fired) and taking Patty Solis Doyle's "yeah" out of context like in their press release. These people are insane.

His surrogates are trying to spin this, but no one is buying this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom