• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deliberately obtuse? More like I'm trying to suggest that HRC's campaign isn't perfect. Why should we expect it to be? Campaigning in SC doesn't seem like the smartest idea in the world, but who knows, maybe Hillary's playing some interdimensional backgammon here.

The perfection of a campaign isn't really the issue at hand. If that is what you want to hang your hat on, that Clinton's campaign isn't perfect, then you are going to win that one unopposed.

Spending some resources in SC isn't arcane, interdimensional backgammon, it's a move that is pretty easy to understand and justify.

Boke1879

Just my takeaway. I don't know if it'll have any swing on the polls or whatever, but today wasn't a good day for Trump. It just wasn't. People can spin it, but no.

While his new hires have run a tighter campaign so to speak I do not think they are geniuses. If they were they would have known better. What I think happened is Trump and his campaign got a bit brazen and it backfired.

Hillary got sick and was out of commission for a few days. Trump and crew saw a rise in the polls. You noticed a bit of vintage Trump when he attacked the black pastor for literally no reason. He then went on to mock the press and say how glad he was that they couldn't make his rally. Then that bullshit ass statement on the whole birther issue that has everyone calling his ass out on.

Cut to today. Trump holds a press conference essentially promoting his new hotel while the media thought it would be about the birther issue. Which Trump just only mentioned in a passing manner. I'll admit Trump played their asses and hopefully they wake up. After that everyone started tying the birther shit to him. No one is buying what he's selling on that front.

Then he insinuates another attack on Clinton's life. In a just world that shit would disqualify him.

Deliberately obtuse? More like I'm trying to suggest that HRC's campaign isn't perfect. Why should we expect it to be? Campaigning in SC doesn't seem like the smartest idea in the world, but who knows, maybe Hillary's playing some interdimensional backgammon here.
I'm saying trying to make a point about Clinton's data team being imperfect by bringing up a dumb T-shirt likely done by a completely different department is being obtuse.

Clinton's messaging team has had its hits and misses, the data team is on point and lightyears ahead of any other.

TL;DR Trump: "It's Friday, you ain't got no job, you ain't got shit to do."
It's Friday and I'm gonna get you high..

Animorphs_bk03.jpg
Somewhere Adam sprung an erection and he doesn't know why..

Yeah, the hope is that a lot of these offices can be reopened for local stuff in each state.
Yup. Even in SC, none of the congressional seats are really competitive, but Democrats can make headway in the state legislatures and local courts which could give them a stronger hand in redistricting.

The next political revolution will take place when African-American voters represent clear majorities in Southern states and districts. It'll turn American politics completely on its head. Hispanics too but they need to get registered and start voting regularly. And Clinton needs to pass immigration right away so Dems have them on lockdown for a generation.

Cyanity

Banned

I'm saying trying to make a point about Clinton's data team being imperfect by bringing up a dumb T-shirt likely done by a completely different department is being obtuse.

Clinton's messaging team has had its hits and misses, the data team is on point and lightyears ahead of any other.

Okay, okay, I'm going to have to concede on this. The best strategy for the dems long term *is* a 50-state strategy so I can see where they're going with SC.

Grief.exe

Did Trump implicitly threaten Hillary during a rally again?

I learned this week that white nationalists/alt-right/neo-nazis/etc are considered the number one threat to America by FBI and local law enforcement, not terrorism.

Boke1879

I'm so glad Lemon is spending majority of the time on the Birther bullshit. They caught on to Trump's tactics.

Real talk. He played the media and I think they realize that. Not to mention he straight up lied about the birther shit. The media knows that. Glad they haven't moved on yet.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
That OT thread with people arguing Johnson and Stein are being silenced, and it's noble to elevate third parties at every step of the democratic process... *inhale* *exhale*

I can't. This ain't a fucking game where everyone deserves a participation trophy and an invite to the pizza party. Grow up.

-------

Top of the NYTimes front page:
1jp8bR6.png

Not bad, not bad.

Boke1879

Did Trump implicitly threaten Hillary during a rally again?

I learned this week that white nationalists/alt-right/neo-nazis/etc are considered the number one threat to America by FBI and local law enforcement, not terrorism.

He said her secret service agents should disarm and lets see what happens to her.

User1608

Banned
Real talk. He played the media and I think they realize that. Not to mention he straight up lied about the birther shit. The media knows that. Glad they haven't moved on yet.
I'm a broken record at this point but if there's one thing that I'm certain of, it's that Don Lemon has won my respect back 1000%.

Gloria La Riva needs to be in the debates.

I want to hear her defend North Korea and the Holodomor, that will be very important for America's citizens and decision making process. We can't silence her voice by not allowing someone who may get .05% of the vote to debate.

Grief.exe

I'm so glad Lemon is spending majority of the time on the Birther bullshit. They caught on to Trump's tactics.

Just opened a live youtube stream. Lemon and a commentator were running a train on Lewandowski.

Next segment is on whether the birther movement was founded on racism.

That OT thread with people arguing Johnson and Stein are being silenced, and it's noble to elevate third parties at every step of the democratic process... *inhale* *exhale*

I can't. This ain't a fucking game where everyone deserves a participation trophy and an invite to the pizza party. Grow up.

-------

Top of the NYTimes front page:
1jp8bR6.png

Not bad, not bad.
"surrendered to reality" is an amazing phrase

watershed

Banned
Trump is going to lose this election and it will take a miracle for this not to be the case. In the meantime, I'm tired of all the crap he says. I have no more concern or thought left to give to his rambling mess.

Yup. Even in SC, none of the congressional seats are really competitive, but Democrats can make headway in the state legislatures and local courts which could give them a stronger hand in redistricting.

The next political revolution will take place when African-American voters represent clear majorities in Southern states and districts. It'll turn American politics completely on its head. Hispanics too but they need to get registered and start voting regularly. And Clinton needs to pass immigration right away so Dems have them on lockdown for a generation.

Yep. The South as a region is insanely close to flipping thanks to rising demographics (white emigration, black/Hispanic immigration, and turnout are key here). If white people in the South voted like they do in other parts of the country, you couldn't get elected as a Republican here.

The rural South isn't far from turning into Maryland. If these states had urban areas like Baltimore and DC, they'd already be Maryland. The goal should be to set up the 50 state press and really push for more governor's mansions and state legislatures. Once you get more states on board, you really start to expand your federal programs (since the ones you can't get passed federally are frequently blocked with the scapegoat "Leave it to the states" and most of those are red). If the state control map changes, then we're in business.

To continue with a war analogy (and we do use war, it's why there are battleground states and campaigns), the 50 state strategy also gathers intel on a possible right-wing Bill Clinton who could pull the GOP back from the edge of unelectability. Figure out who it is quickly, and make sure you either keep them out of the national spotlight for as long as possible or you figure out if you can work with them and then don't sweat their possible election.

Keeping It 1600 is one of my favorites, though they are sometimes too far in in Clinton's tank. (They acknowledge this.)

I also do the Run-Up and NPR Politics, though Sam Sanders occasionally gets my dander up.

Any other solid politics podcasts out there?

I like Brian Beutler's Primary Concerns a lot.

Yep. The South as a region is insanely close to flipping thanks to rising demographics (white emigration, black/Hispanic immigration, and turnout are key here). If white people in the South voted like they do in other parts of the country, you couldn't get elected as a Republican here.

The rural South isn't far from turning into Maryland. If these states had urban areas like Baltimore and DC, they'd already be Maryland. The goal should be to set up the 50 state press and really push for more governor's mansions and state legislatures. Once you get more states on board, you really start to expand your federal programs (since the ones you can't get passed federally are frequently blocked with the scapegoat "Leave it to the states" and most of those are red). If the state control map changes, then we're in business.

To continue with a war analogy (and we do use war, it's why there are battleground states and campaigns), the 50 state strategy also gathers intel on a possible right-wing Bill Clinton who could pull the GOP back from the edge of unelectability. Figure out who it is quickly, and make sure you either keep them out of the national spotlight for as long as possible or you figure out if you can work with them and then don't sweat their possible election.
Yup. The only thing I hope for is that there's some overlap between the eventual Southern Democratic control and Democrats still remaining competitive in the Midwest so we can just have like one amazing cycle. Although for the time being it seems the only Midwestern states where Democrats are possibly in trouble are Iowa and Ohio (state parties getting their shit together would help greatly).

Trump is going to lose this election and it will take a miracle for this not to be the case. In the meantime, I'm tired of all the crap he says. I have no more concern or thought left to give to his rambling mess.

As a vehement Anti-Trump conservative I sadly disagree. This forum leans far left, others I read far right but among more moderate forums and through personal antecdotal evidence I believe Trump is really gaining momentum.

Even in the Twitter trends that appear to be negative for Trump he has momentum. The #birther trend contains many articles and comments on Hillary's former campaign manager being the "founder" of the birther movement. True ir not it is a massive narrative.

I think the Clinton campaign has made serious errors by going full out after Trump while he has been stating his "platform" pretty consistently this week. Her health scare is a massive negative whether people want to aknowledge it or not.

She needs a good first debate while looking strong and not having coughing spells or saying stupid shit like the "deplorables" comment.

I think Michael Moore was right when he said Trump's message is going to resonate with a lot of the rust belt states. I am worried he is going to pull it off. I am not a fan of Hillary at all, and I disagree with her politically on most things but I think she is a much less risky choice and I am afraid she is going to lose. I think the last month has been a disaster for her and she needs to pivot immediately.

I was just thinking, are there any ideas about what HRC's cabinet will look like? What do people think? Will there be a lot of carryover from Obama?

The only thing that's obvious, and isn't really a cabinet position, is that Huma will be Chief of Staff. Beyond that, I really don't know.

This woman on Don Lemon is putting in some real talk. Talking about the media, including herself, playing up a false equivalency and enabling the normalization of Trump's behavior. Don agreeing.

Just got home from the movies, opened up Edge to see the top stories. My goodness. Good polls for Clinton. Trump suggesting Clinton's secret service disarm and 'see what happens to her'. Trump being called an outright liar all over the place for his birther comments today.

What a day.

Great job putting this whole birther stuff behind you Donnie. GREAT JOB.

I think the Clinton campaign has made serious errors by going full out after Trump while he has been stating his "platform" pretty consistently this week. Her health scare is a massive negative whether people want to aknowledge it or not.

Polls say that voters don't give a shit. So I'm going to need to see receipts.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...pneumonia-scare-reuters-ipsos-poll/ar-BBwfChz

According to a separate Reuters/Ipsos poll conducted this week, most American adults said the issue would make "no difference" to how they voted.
A negligible percentage of Clinton supporters said concerns about her health made them "less likely" to vote for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom