• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw a new ad from the Hillary camp here on locals . It's Hillary talking directly to the camera about her clean jobs and manufacturing plans.

"Trump Rally Attendees Shrug Off 'Softening' on Immigration -- So Far"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ration-so-far/ar-BBw2EJl?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

Of COURSE they do! Trump could come out tomorrow and say, "No, seriously, I've been lying this whole time. I hate the right. I want to do the opposite of everything I've ever said" and his fucking fans would go, "No, that's the liberal media."

Wow. Even when he acts like the very people they're so angry at, they just don't care. They're on this train until it crashes.

This makes me think his change was an audible during that town hall. Audience did seem kind of confused at the asking of people and he had to stop some yelling too. Don't think they were prepared for him to make a clear change right then.

Trump on Clinton News Network, that he doesn't watch anymore? SAD!

Liz KreutzVerified account
‏@ABCLiz
Reporters ask Clinton if she'll take some questions. Clinton, in response, tells reporters to try some chocolate

Not cool.

royalan

Trump on Clinton News Network, that he doesn't watch anymore? SAD!

Not cool.

Totally cool.

Hillary could have given the best speech her life just now and pointed at Trump holding a literal smoking gun his hands, and the first question from reporters would be about emails. Ignore the press right now. You've presented them with what you want them to talk about. Don't give them an opportunity to muddy the message with bullshit questions about emails and the Foundation. The media has made it clear that they need to be led like livestock.

smurfx

get some go again
How many days before Dr. Drew claims a Clinton Conspiracy got him fired?
well if he doesn't have much going for him now then i can definitely see him do this just so his name stays out there. it had been years since i even heard his name until he made the health comments. if he tries hard enough he might even get another radio show on some station.

thebloo

So what has the response to the speech been like?

Reddit is in love. Sure, most still dislike her, but the speech was great.

And the absolutely best thing about it, it's even better in written form. Consistent soundbites to repeat. Whoever wrote it is a genius.

This is actually Clinton's default response to this stuff when she gets ambushed by reporters while eating. See "try the chai."

I think you mean this is her particular version of epilepsy.

Just saw a new ad from Strickland trying Portman to Trump. Good ad. Worried it's too little too late, but a good effort.

well if he doesn't have much going for him now then i can definitely see him do this just so his name stays out there. it had been years since i even heard his name until he made the health comments. if he tries hard enough he might even get another radio show on some station.

Years? Wow, he was taking serious heat earlier this year for his unethical promotion of "miracle" products developed by his sponsors. I was really hoping it would take him down but he just kept on shilling. He should have lost his license.

The Alt-Right further ties itself to Trump, Trump is tied to the GOP (and Reince Priebus is too stupid to cut that Gordian knot). Sogood.gif

What I dug about the speech is the gasps from the folks in her crowd at the Breitbart headlines, etc. One of the things that always amuses me is when something happens that's terrible or racist that my white friends don't know about because they don't have to know, and they're shocked and appalled. I can remember times that I've been treated poorly in a way that was clearly because of my skin color with a more privileged friend with me, and those friends were more shook than I was by far.

That's sort of what the reaction from the crowd felt like to me, and it's an always friendly reminder to myself that I know very little and never to be surprised when a female or gay friend comes to me and tells me some terrible shit that someone said to or about them.

Stumptown's Cold Brew is so good. If you're in NYC, you can try it because Stumptown has an actual location out there and distribution.

For beers, if you can get the Elysian (Seattle) Split Shot Espresso Milk Stout, you are in for a treat, my friends.

I'm actually having a beer too right now. My bf grilled up burgers and I was like FUCK IT beer time.

The 7yr old had to write about his family and say something interesting about everyone. He wrote "My uncle's boyfriend is Adam. His favorite song is "Fight Song" and he likes Hillary Clinton a lot" XD lol
:jnc

Dr.Drew show is canceled...shame about that
I kinda liked him when he did his celebrity rehab show.. Sucks he turned out to be a fuckstick.

Totally cool.

Hillary could have given the best speech her life just now and pointed at Trump holding a literal smoking gun his hands, and the first question from reporters would be about emails. Ignore the press right now. You've presented them with what you want them to talk about. Don't give them an opportunity to muddy the message with bullshit questions about emails and the Foundation. The media has made it clear that they need to be led like livestock.

That's a reasonable explanation for today, but this has been the modus operandi of her campaign for over a year.

Syncytia

I think you mean this is her particular version of epilepsy.

BREAKING: HILLARY'S DEMENTIA REACHES NEW LEVELS

Every time reporters ask The Butcher of Benghazi a question, her response is "How are you liking the buffet? It's really good!"

Her brain is clearly deteriorating, and the influence of foreign donors to Clinton has her going off the rails.

Geist-

Finally finished the speech. Really good, Trump makes it way too easy to counter his platform.

I hope Clinton really does live up to those ideals she spoke of.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
100% guarantee the bit about Alex Jones laying out the trutherism and sandy hook false-flagism and Trump saying 'I won't let you down' will stick. That's bigtime.

"Alex Jones believes 9/11 was an inside job."

"You have a great reputation and I won't let you down."

"Alex Jones believes Sandy Hook was perpetrated by child actors."

"You have a great reputation and I won't let you down."

CCS

Banned
I just read the alt-right response from a few pages back.

I'm reminded of a great moment from Mock the Week:

"We've been reading your emails, and my my aren't you a bunch of racist bigots!"

Assange is just a whiny prick.

And this is coming from someone who used to defend him

Yeah, if he has anything on Clinton like he keeps squawking about, then 'strike while the iron is cold and dead and rusted' was not a good idea for him.

You know what it is? Not in recent memory have they had a candidate like this. They will stay latched on to this until the very end.
So latched on that near future nominees and candidates can't afford to dis-avow him even in later elections?

Because that would be the best thing possible!

CqvGZsMUAAAzVBZ.jpg

Well, that's the end of the pivot I guess?

I just read the alt-right response from a few pages back.

I'm reminded of a great moment from Mock the Week:

"We've been reading your emails, and my my aren't you a bunch of racist bigots!"

God, I love Mock the Week. Not as much as HIGNFY or 8 out of 10 Cats, but fuck ya.

Syncytia

Kelli Ward is an idiot, holy shit.

She very much is. Between her and Stein I really wonder how some people manage become doctors. I love the "gift of retirement" line. Uh.. if he isn't retiring, obviously that isn't what he wants.

Edit: yeah she probably isn't going to win. would be great though, I'm pretty sure Kirkpatrick would definitely beat her.

Guys, I can confirm Canada does not like Trump.

But it was fun pretending to be a Trump supporter for 5 minutes or so.
I did see a guy the other night with a Trump shirt on about making America great and building a great wall in one of the most liberal parts of Canada. Seems much too soon to be wearing something like that as a joke. He is quite alone in his support, though.

Boke1879

If I see that on Cooper's show tonight I'll laugh my ass off.

Donald Trump is a fucking joke and there is no pivot. Like Jeb said. This man just says shit at any given time thinking it's what people want to hear. Holy shit attack him on this.

watershed

Banned
The strange thing is how incredibly easy it is to lead Trump on in an interview. I think a skilled interviewer could get Trump to say anything they wanted him to because he just follows along the questions so carelessly.

CCS

Banned
From Hillary's Twitter:

There’s an old Mexican proverb that says “Tell me with whom you walk, and I will tell you who you are.”

We know who Trump is.

Damn.

I haven't seen it said better.

Emarv

Said this months ago, Kelly is coming to CNN. Book it.

The Murdoch kids have a lot of work to do if they want to keep some of their big names, especially Megyn.

AFTER AILES, FOX NEWS HAS A NEW CRISIS: CAN IT KEEP MEGYN KELLY?
Their biggest issue is not just how they will get through the election without their founder, or who will win, but how the Murdochs can hold on to one of their most high-profile anchors: Megyn Kelly. In fact, more than anyone, Kelly could be the key figure in determining whether the younger Murdochs are able to change Fox News’s culture, or whether it remains the same.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/08/fox-news-crisis-megyn-kelly-bill-oreilly

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just saw someone say that Kaine isn't so much an attack dog as he is an attack beagle...and, shit, that's fucking right.

Tim Kaine reminds me of my brother's dog. I was watching her last night, he's out of town, and early this morning she jumps on my bed, licks my face til I wake up, then demands belly rubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom