• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

On Twitter this morning - Taylor Swift is on jury duty and it appears she was selected. Seems sort of illegal that someone can post a video of that, but pretty funny.

Aceun

Should I watch the Morning Joe from this morning?

(I've developed a bizarrely weird obsession with the Morning Joe, Don Lemon and John King shows because of this election... and Rachel Maddow, but I've always loved her)

Gonna go ahead unskew this as well. The majority of the 13% undecided will likely break towards Trump given the state.
Yes, either ashamed Trump supporters or Trump leaning supporters waiting for him to become acceptable.

They could stay home though.

Should I watch the Morning Joe from this morning?

(I've developed a bizarrely weird obsession with the Morning Joe, Don Lemon and John King shows because of this election... and Rachel Maddow, but I've always loved her)

If you like soccer, worth it for Roger Bennett.

Outside of that, they mostly talked about Trump's immigration policy, from what I saw.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Real talk: I suspect they had an arrangement to begin with such that the issue is not infidelity, it's the negative public exposure affecting both their careers. But we should not be surprised that he's still at it given that a month ago when asked point blank in an interview if he was still sexting girls online, he declined to answer.

CNN is doing a breaking news thing with Huma's separation. Nice going Weiner. Your cock has become a distraction to Hillary's presidential bid.

Will Mexico still have to pay for a non-existent wall is the question.

I guess they'll "have" to pay for all the tech that protects the border (my idea of a "virtual" wall).

Hilarious (and sad) how Trump is still trying to figure out his immigration/wall policy.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at the "virtual wall." Good luck with that.

As glad as I am Huma finally is leaving that sack of crap, it's sort of disgusting that the news is pretending like the details of their marriage is a real political story.

And of course, Trump comments on Huma/Weiner:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/30/nyregion/anthony-weiner-sexting-huma-abedin.html?ref=politics&_r=1

CrCiBIFWIAAfGOM.jpg:large

Teggy

All the border patrolmen will be wearing Oculus headsets.

Attempted border crossers will appear as sombreros with arms and legs holding AK-47s.

Boke1879

LMAO that Trump response is very tempered, but the reach to imply Hillary did something bad is amazing.

I mean I could say the same about Melania or his kids. God only knows what Trump has told them about classified info!!!!

Pixieking

Banned
The issue with Wiener isn't really the sexting, it's the "Taking a dick pic when a child is in the room". Regardless of how old the child is, it's the kind of thing that leaves a bad taste in the mouth. This piece from the WaPo puts the point across nicely. It's not even that there's something dubious going on (there plainly isn't), it's just the creepiness factor of it.

Debirudog

The issue with Wiener isn't really the sexting, it's the "Taking a dick pic when a child is in the room". Regardless of how old the child is, it's the kind of thing that leaves a bad taste in the mouth. This piece from the WaPo puts the point across nicely. It's not even that there's something dubious going on (there plainly isn't), it's just the creepiness factor of it.

This. Just this.

Weiner's an awful parent with no self-control or decency.

Paskil

Trump's next step in his minority outreach is to begin murdering blacks and Hispanics on the street.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
I told you that only I can solve our crime problem, America. Until AA and Hispanics vote for me, the slaughter will continue.

Completely agree. It's wrong on so many, SO MANY levels. You know we grow up and our parents share the family album with us, and we see our dads holding us when we were babies, or embracing in a loving manner. This kid not so much. He will have a picture of him as a baby besides his dad's half chub in his underwear.

The fuck is a virtual wall?

It's pretty much what we have now: motion detectors, cameras and drones. I know people liked making fun of Trump's "anti-tunnel technology" but we already have that as well: seismic sensors that listen for digging underground.

Trump is just straight up cribbing Obama's border policies at this point.

Wilsongt

Trump's next step in his minority outreach is to begin murdering blacks and Hispanics on the street.

I told you that only I can solve our crime problem, America. Until AA and Hispanics vote for me, the slaughter will continue.

Someone needs to take the phone away.

Boke1879

I'm not seeing this tweet. Did he delete it?

Err...

This sounds like something a super villain would say. Actually, I'm pretty sure Joker said something like this (without the minority bit) in the Dark Knight.

Trouble

Banned

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

pigeon

Banned
I'd only allow pigeon and black mamba to unskew polls. They did an amazing job in 2012.

I would mostly say don't worry so much about individual polls ;)

Given the R lean of Emerson, those polls seem fine to me. All robopolls are landlines only, and we know robopolls show a slight depression in Clinton's lead. Also, their LV screen and weighting against 2012 election results aren't great, I agree, since both rely on self-reported votes in 2012.

However, all of that stuff is already taken into account in the 538 bias/accuracy rankings, so trying to pull it out individually seems unproductive. The whole point of the 538 poll-ranking system (which I do think is very good) is that you don't have to try to figure out how many points of bias a particular methodology choice introduces, which is nearly impossible. Just figure out how much the poll is biased relative to the polling center of gravity and then throw it into the mix.

All polls are going to have methodological choices which are better or worse than others, many of which won't even be visible to us. For example, the Emerson College Poll is RUN BY A BUNCH OF COLLEGE STUDENTS. So stop trying to do process-based critiques and just do a results-based critique, it's a lot easier.

princeton has trump at ~8%, nyt 11%, nate 20.5%?

538's model includes a much stronger reversion to the mean component as well as a lot of projection off of national trends -- I'm pretty sure the Upshot ignores national polls and I am definitely sure that PEC does. Since there's currently a gap between national polls and state polls, it's creating a gap between the aggregators, which is exacerbated by 538's pessimistic assumption that things will mostly go back to normal by November.

I tend to think 538 is probably fine to project off national trends (although the gap is clearly worrying), but wrong to assume so much reversion to the mean. But I guess we'll see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom