• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we put Tomi Lahren back in her no name hole known as the Blaze and leave her there? She literally got popular after complaining about a damn Beyoncé video.

So Nate posted this:

Clinton national polling average
Aug. 9: 45.2
Aug. 16: 43.8
Aug. 23: 43.4
Aug. 30: 42.9

Trump national polling average
Aug. 9: 37.8
Aug. 16: 36.7
Aug. 23: 37.3
Aug. 30: 37.7

Trump's not gaining anything. Looks like some post bounce fade, really. I think that bodes well for us. If some people have shifted to undecided, they're not moving towards Trump at all. Moving in after labor day when campaigning really takes off, she should be able to recommit those voters to her. Plus, the debates should help with that.

Twitter leftists who say getting banned from Twitter is a crime are reallllly interesting people.

Twitter leftists strongly against Nazis being banned for inciting harassment against black women because.....??????

I never knew a part of The Communist Manifesto was "Social media websites that are over-run with NeoNazis should ban people far less often than GameFAQs does."

you're posts are pretty much constantly

giphy.gif

So Nate posted this:

Trump's not gaining anything. Looks like some post bounce fade, really. I think that bodes well for us. If some people have shifted to undecided, they're not moving towards Trump at all. Moving in after labor day when campaigning really takes off, she should be able to recommit those voters to her. Plus, the debates should help with that.

take the last 3 weeks and shes lost a point and hes gained one

So Nate posted this:

There's a chance that some people are seeing a blowout and moving towards 3rd party rather than trump. Or it's partially response rates.

The key is Trump's ceiling. He's not moving at all. All the movement is with hillary.

Third party voters in polls are always overrepresented. They are more "frustrated" and more likely to probably answer a poll. As long as Trump's numbers don't move much, Hillary will blow him out.

take the last 3 weeks and shes lost a point and hes gained one

Uh, I mean, sure? If that's the read you want to take, but that's not really what the numbers are saying. Like Nate said, it's not that Trump is improving. (A one point difference is probably nothing but noise, considering the polls from the beginning of august were live interviewer polls and these last ones have been online or tracking until the last day or so). He's not really doing any better than he was in the beginning of August. Probably just means she definitely got a larger bounce than Trump (which we knew) and it's now stabilized back to where it was.

The important take, imho, is that Trump's not getting out of the high 30s.

There's a chance that some people are seeing a blowout and moving towards 3rd party rather than trump. Or it's partially response rates.

The key is Trump's ceiling. He's not moving at all. All the movement is with hillary.

Third party voters in polls are always overrepresented. They are more "frustrated" and more likely to probably answer a poll. As long as Trump's numbers don't move much, Hillary will blow him out.

Agreed. That's my take as well.

Kellyanne Conway, who was installed as Trump's campaign manager earlier this month, made the remarks during a panel discussion on PBS' "To the Contrary" in January 2013.

"If we were physiologically -- not mentally, emotionally, professionally -- equal to men, if we were physiologically as strong as men, rape would not exist," Conway said. "You would be able to defend yourself and fight him off."

The panel of women had been discussing women in the military and gender equality in combat. Conway brought up the analogy unprompted, using it as part of a statement about women's physical capabilities in relation to men's.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/30/polit...ape-comments0740PMVODtopPhoto&linkId=28222047

I'm complaining about writers for Vice and the Jacobin writing articles that NeoNazis shouldn't be banned from Twitter for yelling over and over again at black women.

I want to complain about this because I find these people extremely irritating.

First of all, who? You just randomly post screenshots with no context

Secondly I think I've seen the second post and its a medium post from a guy who maybe once wrote for vice? That's not "vice writters"

First of all, who?

Secondly I think I've seen the second post and its a medium post from a guy who maybe once wrote for vice?

Michael Tracey, Connor Kilpatrick, Glenn Greenwald, the Bruenigs, Ben Norton, those people. Tracey is from Vice and Kilpatrick is an editor of the Jacobin.

They annoy me greatly and have argued on Twitter constantly about how no one should be banned on Twitter. This passage just synthesizes their thoughts on the manner.

It has nothing to do with anything, but these people just annoy me and I want to complain about it.

Debirudog

Starting to feel really annoyed by my Journalism/Media professors trying to make some point about bad the election is because "both candidates have have low favorability ratings"

I feel like that means jackshit when the media plays a big part for making Clinton appear so robotic and cold. Years of inflicting trauma, twisting what she says and openly spouting sexist garbage. This is exactly happening to Huma, a victim of Weiner's philandering.

Fuchsdh

Twitter leftists who say getting banned from Twitter is a crime are reallllly interesting people.

Twitter leftists strongly against Nazis being banned for inciting harassment against black women because.....??????

I never knew a part of The Communist Manifesto was "Social media websites that are over-run with NeoNazis should ban people far less often than GameFAQs does."

Eh, I see their point in the abstract, but a) Twitter can do what it likes, and b) Milo pretty clearly violated Twitter's TOS repeatedly. Getting upset about him getting banned because you're concerned about the precedent it sets is like all the reporters freaking out about Gawker. Don't break the law/don't flagrantly violate the terms of service to harass people, and there's no issue. They didn't ban Milo because he was an ideologue, they banned him because he broke the rules.

In general, I think it bothers me that people treat Twitter and other social media platforms as commons, rather than proprietary platforms you have no innate rights to. Everyone complains about Twitter's terrible track record with harassment, but they don't ever actually consider treating it like the commercial entity it is and boycotting it.

Michael Tracey, Connor Fitzpatrick, Glenn Greenwald, the Bruenigs, Ben Norton, those people.

They annoy me greatly and have argued on Twitter constantly about how no one should be banned on Twitter. This passage just synthesizes their thoughts on the manner.

It has nothing to do with anything, but these people just annoy me and I want to complain about it.

http://www.vice.com/author/michael-tracey

he hasn't been published for a year.

Link

The Autumn Wind
There are plenty of men out there that could kick my ass without breaking a sweat. Does that mean I'm not qualified to join the military?

mo60

So Nate posted this:

Weird. Both CBC's poll tracker and 538's polling averages show a 5 point lead for her right now while huffpollster shows a near 7 point lead for her.The CBC one shows trump polling above 40%.

So, like, is it a requirement to work for Trump that you be a racist, sexist, Islamophobic asshole...or do they train people?

Because...FUCK, man.

I also just had the weirdest phone call. They said they were from "The Trump :couldn't understand it but maybe Victory? : Campaign." They said I was a loyal Republican voter (Ha!) and would I be willing to commit to Trump. I nicely corrected them, and told them I was a Democrat, and would rather set my junk on fire than vote for Trump. Then they asked me for a donation to defeat Crooked Hillary. I mean...WHAT?

I cannot fathom how they got my number, unless they just paid for rolls of all registered voters? And if so, that's fucking stupid as all hell. They asked for me by name. So weird. Oh, and I asked if she was being paid for this or was a volunteer. She told me she was a "paid phone worker" which....okay.

Weird. Both CBC's poll tracker and 538's polling averages show a 5 point lead for her right now while huffpollster shows a near 7 point lead for her.The CBC one shows trump polling above 40%.

Nate includes everything that's even remotely published, legitimate or otherwise. He uses that stupid ass USC Panel thing, etc. If it's fit/unfit to print, he uses it.

Completely pretending like male rape doesn't exist. I hope thiso piece of shit gets slammed

Men don't rape men. Women don't rape women. Women don't rape men. Drugs or intimidation or abuse of power are never involved. The only way rape happens is when a man jumps out of the bushes and attacks a woman.

It's old school GOP orthodoxy. In a way, it's a refreshing blast from the past compared to the new Trump-brand stuff.

Silly liberal chicken littles diablosing about Trump being an unpredictable ninja master debater. Get a grip. Hes gonna re-enact that melting time cover on air. Everything about him shows he's going to get destroyed. No prep, thin skin, conspiracy theories. Like what. What more can anyone want.

Debirudog

Silly liberal chicken littles diablosing about Trump being an unpredictable ninja master debater. Get a grip. Hes gonna re-enact that melting time cover on air. Everything about him shows he's going to get destroyed. No prep, thin skin, conspiracy theories. Like what. What more can anyone want.

This characterization of Trump being some kind of mastermind is seriously annoying me.

HylianTom

Banned
That map seems to imply that Trump is gonna do a lot worse than his polls in NC, Florida, NH, and Pennsylvania.
That map (and the data operation that goes with it) keeps me thinking that if a state is tied going into Election Day, odds are that it'll fall into Hillary's column.

And we've seen footage of some of his offices. Understaffed. Closed. Potemkin set-ups.

That map (and the data operation that goes with it) keeps me thinking that if a state is tied going into Election Day, odds are that it'll fall into Hillary's column.

And we've seen footage of some of his offices. Understaffed. Closed. Potemkin set-ups.

Bububububtttttt he's got those two mobile vans traveling around Florida selling Trump shit and.....ya, I have no idea what the strategy behind that is.

Link

The Autumn Wind
So, like, is it a requirement to work for Trump that you be a racist, sexist, Islamophobic asshole...or do they train people?

Because...FUCK, man.
I mean, you pretty much have to come off that way to defend his views and statements.

Plus let's not pretend like this isn't what the Republican Party really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom