• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there it is. Undocumented workers have to leave and apply for legal citizenship.

No deportation forcemail though so I guess technically it softened somewhat.

He's completely poisoned this debate for decades even if some kind of reform can pass.

I'm baffled at the strategy here. Why spend weeks hinting at softening your stance on immigration, go to Mexico, and then immediately follow it with a hard-line anti-immigration speech full of easily exploitable quotes?

I'm baffled at the strategy here. Why spend weeks hinting at softening your stance on immigration, go to Mexico, and then immediately follow it with a hard-line anti-immigration speech full of easily exploitable quotes?

Bannon somehow won the power struggle with Conway and Ailes within the last few days?

I don't know.

tbm24

I think trump realized he'd lose the rabid admiration of his rally goers if he did go through with it. To him, the cheers he hears today are the most important ones.

Joeytj

Banned

Because it's fucking Donald Trump, and my President (Peña Nieto) is a wimp, and that emboldened Trump to say whatever the fuck he wants.

There is only a slight intent of strategy in this campaign. The rest runs on Trump's feelings (like his net worth)

Iolo

I didn't think it was possible to get more unhinged than his Convention speech, but here we are.

And yet Republicans were fawning over that disgusting speech, which he also screamed. It was not until a week later when he attacked the Khans that they started having second thoughts.

New power fantasy for me: Owning my own business so I can fire someone immediately after they say they're a Trump supporter.

Or at least put them on an action plan.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Also sounds like he's boxing himself into refusing to talk about anything other than immigration going forward.

Well, not counting Hillary's health.

rSpooky

I guess if he is elected he immediately deploys the military? Occupy the nation and arrest criminals, throw people out.. Etc etc. He really has all the characteristics of a dictator. Barf

HylianTom

Banned
You know what it reminds me of? His acceptance speech at the convention. Awful contents shouted awkwardly, resulting in a unique message that was negatively received by the general electorate.

I have a friend who's voting third party, but he only ever posts negative stuff on Hillary. Yeah yeah free speech and all that, but at what point do you just shake them and say "Just admit you want Trump to win!"

Holmes

It's just like the Mothers of the Movement, they're allowed to advocate for whatever they want. But associating yourself with Trump, who obviously doesn't care about anything that doesn't make him look good or powerful, is just...sad.

Anno

This seems like the kind of speech that should provoke something more than "Trump maintains tough stance on illegal immigration" or some such nonsense from at least part of the media. Actually I'm probably just kidding myself.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I wonder if Trump would have gotten more ground by focusing on things like e-verify, bio-metrics and such, rather than waste all this time on a stupid wall that no sane person thinks would do anything.

It's just like the Mothers of the Movement, they're allowed to advocate for whatever they want. But associating yourself with Trump, who obviously doesn't care about anything that doesn't make him look good or powerful, is just...sad.

But these people are not using their pain to help others. They're using it to spread hatred. I think there's a difference, there.

Sianos

You have got be kidding me.

All policy should be focued on immigration, says Trump. The only fucking problem.

Fuck you Trump.

Translation: "immigrants are your only problem"

This is really what many of his supporters believe. They are used to being given simple, anthropomorphized answers to their problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom